2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, I invited you to give the scripture reference. To clarify, I am inviting you to give the scripture reference in the form "Leviticus chapter:verse"
Like was said. It is covered in the post you initially responded to. You can go through Leviticus and if you have any questions then maybe we will continue.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Everyone is welcome to contribute :thumbsup:

I think they would know the principle of this law

They wouldn't know the details, the letters, such as what a hin is.

Everyone is welcome to contribute :thumbsup:

I think they would know the principle of this law

They wouldn't know the details, the letters, such as what a hin is.
Of course, the leaders of the first century church met to discuss specifically which of moses laws gentiles be asked to follow in Acts ch15. Four were decided upon. Three of which it is widely believed were given to bring unity at the meeting. If any of ''moses laws'' outside of that are written in the minds and placed on the hearts of believers, the leaders of the church must have given gentiles a licence to sin

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like was said. It is covered in the post you initially responded to. You can go through Leviticus and if you have any questions then maybe we will continue.
Okay... Leviticus 5:1, is it a law from the Old Testament you believe we are to follow today?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay... Leviticus 5:1, is it a law from the Old Testament you believe we are to follow today?

That is covered in the post you responded to initially.
And now we are the Temple of God and His Spirit resides in us, Jesus Christ being the High Priest so all the laws pertaining to the Temple service and priestly ministry are also no more.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is covered in the post you responded to initially.
It's not obvious to me that Leviticus 5:1 pertains to the Temple service and priestly ministry. But you say it is no more, okay.

And Leviticus 5:2?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not obvious to me that Leviticus 5:1 pertains to the Temple service and priestly ministry. But you say it is no more, okay.
Really. So the sacrifice system being done away with in Christ because He is the High priest and we are the Temple isn't obvious to you?

And Leviticus 5:2?
Now you want to know if we are unclean if we touch a dead thing? C'mon man....

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really. So the sacrifice system being done away with in Christ because He is the High priest and we are the Temple isn't obvious to you?
That the sacrificing of animals was done away with in Christ is obvious to me. But that is not mentioned in Leviticus 5:1.

Now you want to know if we are unclean if we touch a dead thing? C'mon man....
No, I want to know if you consider Leviticus 5:2 a law from the Old Testament you believe we are to follow today :heart:

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That the sacrificing of animals was done away with in Christ is obvious to me. But that is not mentioned in Leviticus 5:1.
Lev 5:1 “‘When a person sins in that he hears a public curse against one who fails to testify and he is a witness (he either saw or knew what had happened) and he does not make it known, then he will bear his punishment for iniquity.

You really don't have clue whether it is a sin not to testify to what you witness?

No, I want to know if you consider Leviticus 5:2 a law from the Old Testament you believe we are to follow today :heart:
So if we touch a dead animal or animal that is unclean we are unclean and chance getting sick and or making others sick. This is just that simple. Wash and you are clean. If we do such intentionally and do not wash we tempt the Lord by putting ourselves out there to get sick. We are not to tempt the Lord.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lev 5:1 “‘When a person sins in that he hears a public curse against one who fails to testify and he is a witness (he either saw or knew what had happened) and he does not make it known, then he will bear his punishment for iniquity.
You really don't have clue whether it is a sin not to testify to what you witness?
That's not what I said. I'm asking you if you include Leviticus 5:1 as once of the "other laws which pertain to righteous living contained in the Book of the Law."

So if we touch a dead animal or animal that is unclean we are unclean and chance getting sick and or making others sick. This is just that simple. Wash and you are clean. If we do such intentionally and do not wash we tempt the Lord by putting ourselves out there to get sick. We are not to tempt the Lord.
Is that a yes? Is Leviticus 5:2 one of the "other laws which pertain to righteous living contained in the Book of the Law"?

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s think its confusing for those who want to be confused. :)
God’s law is perfect Psa 19:7 it was not God’s law that was the issue, it was the people, like context shows which tells us plainly in the next verse where the fault was Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, Heb 8:9 because they did not continue in My covenant. It why the New Covenant is established on better promises, not better or new laws. Heb 8:6 because God loves us so much and writes His law in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant and He gives us the power to keep them through our cooperation. It’s also why it is still a sin to break these same laws Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 but instead of sacrificing an animal for our sins, we can go directly to Jesus 1 John 1:9

If there was an issue with God’s law it would include all Ten of the commandments because you break one you break them all James 2:10-12 so its not applied to the one we want to get rid of that God said to Remember and is holy and blessed by God. The issue is not God’s law, it is with the people and it’s the same problem we have today people prefer their will over God’s. People can focus on a 1000 reasons why one can’t keep the Sabbath day holy or any of the commandments and their choice, but God has a people that finds ways to obey Him and trust if He is going to give us commandments He will provide us the power to keep them. John 14:15-18 Rev 14:12

Jesus was crucified, not because He was breaking the Sabbath of the Ten Commandments- He was crucified because He was not keeping the Pharisees sabbath which is not the same.
Perilous times indeed! Lovers of self, coveting, proud blasphemers! Not honoring mother and father, or church and God! Unthankful and unholy! Without a care for family or church! Not keeping their word, lying on people! Incontinent, in a place where they can't or won't control their actions even through Christ! Despising those who do! Surrendering over, rash lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God! Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof, the Spirit through and of Christ! From such turn away! For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But praise be to God for they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men!

2Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Tim 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Tim 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Tim 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
Perilous times indeed. It’s sad in one sense, but in another its good news because Jesus is coming soon! :heartpulse:
Speaking of confusion, let's examine this matter.

How do you keep the Sabbath holy today without relying on human traditions? Jesus never mentioned that attending a temple on the Sabbath, especially one that neither worships Him nor follows His teachings but ultimately crucified Him, is a means to keeping the Sabbath holy.

Furthermore, let us help you locate the appropriate guidance within the TC for keeping the Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:9-11 and Exodus 34:21 instruct that we shall work for six days, as God did, and reserve the seventh as distinct. Have you followed this practice, laboring for six days, including Sunday? If not, wouldn't that compromise the sanctity of the Sabbath as outlined in the TC?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for the reply and Happy Sabbath.
Most think it is referring to the festival. Hence why the confusion. And why to translate it as new moon is a bad translation. It should be translated month

The translators who translated the LXX thought so. As do many modern translations.
You're correct to see that it implies to a time period (month) and not a festival.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your commentary exposes how the truth is mishandled.
Here is what 2Cor 3:6 is teaching;

2 Cor3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

We are capable ministers of the New Covenant; we are not ministers of the old covenant, the law (letter on stone) because the law promises death. The New Covenant ministry gives life because Jesus died in our place and gives us new life through the Holy Spirit.

Two covenants being discussed, the law vs the indwelling Holy Spirit.

2 Cor 3: 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Again, your commentary is not related to the text.
2Co3:7 The Law, is the ministry of death, it was engraved in stone at Sinai (not given to Adam), it came with glory that would fade away.
Saying that both have the ten commandments is false.

Anyone?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟668,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
‘’Different Christians say that different laws are written in their hearts and minds. Thus, there is something to discuss.’’

I don’t wish to butt in to your discussion, but you raise a great point in the above, and I would just like to mention something.

According to Paul, gentiles who have never known of biblical law can show the requirements(not some of the requirements) of the law are written in their hearts, obviously by the way they act. Rom2:14&15
+That is called the Royal Law of Love.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of confusion, let's examine this matter.

How do you keep the Sabbath holy today without relying on human traditions? Jesus never mentioned that attending a temple on the Sabbath, especially one that neither worships Him nor follows His teachings but ultimately crucified Him, is a means to keeping the Sabbath holy.

Furthermore, let us help you locate the appropriate guidance within the TC for keeping the Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:9-11 and Exodus 34:21 instruct that we shall work for six days, as God did, and reserve the seventh as distinct. Have you followed this practice, laboring for six days, including Sunday? If not, wouldn't that compromise the sanctity of the Sabbath as outlined in the TC?
We don't need tradition to keep the Sabbath day holy- we can follow the example of Jesus and the apostles and the instruction of scripture. Basically it is about keeping the day about God Isa 58:13 The scriptures are filled with ways to keep the Sabbath commandment. There is no scripture that say unless everyone is converted in church that its breaking the Sabbath.

Regarding working on Sunday- I do. Its the day I get most of my household work done.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We don't need tradition to keep the Sabbath day holy- we can follow the example of Jesus and the apostles and the instruction of scripture. Basically it is about keeping the day about God Isa 58:13 The scriptures are filled with ways to keep the Sabbath commandment. There is no scripture that say unless everyone is converted in church that its breaking the Sabbath.
Let's delve deeper into the issue of confusion. You've clarified that there's no tradition mandating the observance of the Sabbath day as holy. You've cited examples from the lives of Jesus, the apostles, and instructions from scripture. However, since the activities you mentioned are meant to be practiced every day according to God's desires, how do we distinguish the seventh day as specially holy? Are we to only emulate Jesus, the apostles, and scripture on the seventh day and not on others? If not, how do we make the seventh day stand out?
Regarding working on Sunday- I do. Its the day I get most of my household work done.
So, if I understand correctly, your interpretation suggests that the commandment should instruct others to work on Sunday instead of resting, following God's example in Exodus 20:9-11. Otherwise, it would be considered breaking the Sabbath. In that case, one would hope that @HIM indeed worked on Sunday.

**Therefore**

Considering that it's generally accepted that God desires us to seek closeness with Him daily, as emphasized in Matthew 22:37 where we're instructed to love Him with all our heart, soul, and mind, the distinction of the seventh day as holy should be understood by following the pattern set forth in Exodus 20:9-11. This implies engaging in work for six days, just as God did, and then dedicating the seventh day to rest.

In light of this, your sharing teachings with others, the emphasis shouldn't be on what to do specifically to draw near to God on the seventh day, as these practices are ideally integrated into everyday life. Instead, the focus should be on advocating for a daily commitment to work, except for Saturday, which is designated as a day of rest, known as the Sabbath(REST) Day. By acknowledging one day as 'rest,' it inherently implies that the other days are designated for 'work,' as God did in Exodus 20:9-11, including Sunday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let's delve deeper into the issue of confusion. You've clarified that there's no tradition mandating the observance of the Sabbath day as holy. You've cited examples from the lives of Jesus, the apostles, and instructions from scripture. However, since the activities you mentioned are meant to be practiced every day according to God's desires, how do we distinguish the seventh day as specially holy? Are we to only emulate Jesus, the apostles, and scripture on the seventh day and not on others? If not, how do we make the seventh day stand out?

So, if I understand correctly, your interpretation suggests that the commandment should instruct others to work on Sunday instead of resting, following God's example in Exodus 20:9-11. Otherwise, it would be considered breaking the Sabbath. In that case, one would hope that @HIM indeed worked on Sunday.

**Therefore**

Considering that it's generally accepted that God desires us to seek closeness with Him daily, as emphasized in Matthew 22:37 where we're instructed to love Him with all our heart, soul, and mind, the distinction of the seventh day as holy should be understood by following the pattern set forth in Exodus 20:9-11. This implies engaging in work for six days, just as God did, and then dedicating the seventh day to rest.

In light of this, your sharing teachings with others, the emphasis shouldn't be on what to do specifically to draw near to God on the seventh day, as these practices are ideally integrated into everyday life. Instead, the focus should be on advocating for a daily commitment to work, except for Saturday, which is designated as a day of rest, known as the Sabbath(REST) Day. By acknowledging one day as 'rest,' it inherently implies that the other days are designated for 'work,' as God did in Exodus 20:9-11, including Sunday.
As I stated- we could look for any reason not to obey God or we can find ways to obey Him, the choice is ours.

I was hoping not to have to spell this out that one would take it upon themselves to look for biblical ways to keep the Sabbath commandment because as stated many times it is all throughout the bible.

Here's the Sabbath commandment
Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Sabbath is the day to honor God Isa 58:13 so if we exalt any other day as a day of worship above God's Sabbath it is a form of idolatry

Can we look for ways to honor God and keep the Sabbath holy right from the scriptures? We sure can. . .

The Sabbath is a holy convocation Lev 23:3 which means a holy gathering/assembly i.e. Church
Which is how Jesus as His custom kept it reading God's Word in the synagogues Luke 4:16 Mark 1:21
It's how the apostles kept the Sabbath Acts 13:42-44 Acts 18:4 Acts 13:14 because they were commissioned to observe everything Jesus commanded of them Mat 28:18-20 (just as we are)

Teaching God's Word on the Sabbath Mark 1:21, Luke 4:16-22,

Preaching God's Word on the Sabbath Acts 13:42, Acts 18:4

Reading God's Word on the Sabbath Acts 15:21 Luke 4:16-22

Hearing God's Word on the Sabbath Acts 13:44

Reasoning with the Scriptures on the Sabbath Acts 17:2, Acts 18:4

Prayer on the Sabbath Acts 16:13

Being in nature on the Sabbath Acts 16:13

Song of Praise on the Sabbath Psalm 92:1

Doing good on the Sabbath Matthew 12:12 Luke 14:5 Jesus gave the examples of helping people and animals who are in need

Yes, one can eat on the Sabbath Luke 14:1, Exo 16:25
But one should prepare all the hard work on the Preparation Day- the day before the Sabbath

So very easily one can find many ways to keep the Sabbath commandment through scripture. Should we worship God everyday- of course but that does not mean we don't have a moral obligation to obey God's commandments. God gives us 6 days to get all our work and labors done and only asks for one full day to keep holy and honor Him and sadly people fight against this so much and would rather do what they want on God's holy Sabbath. Keeping God's Sabbath day holy is not meant to be a punishment, it is meant to bless Isa 56:1-6 Isa 58:13-14 and sanctify Eze 12:12 because we can't sanctify ourselves, we need God. Keeping God's Sabbath shows we are worshipping the One True God Eze 20:20 the only God of Creation Gen 2:1-3, Exo 20:11 the same God of Judgement Rev 14:7

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've clarified that there's no tradition mandating the observance of the Sabbath day as holy. You've cited examples from the lives of Jesus, the apostles, and instructions from scripture. However, since the activities you mentioned are meant to be practiced every day according to God's desires, how do we distinguish the seventh day as specially holy? Are we to only emulate Jesus, the apostles, and scripture on the seventh day and not on others? If not, how do we make the seventh day stand out?

**Therefore**

As I stated- we could look for any reason not to obey God or we can find ways to obey Him, the choice is ours.

I was hoping not to have to spell this out that one would take it upon themselves to look for biblical ways to keep the Sabbath commandment because as stated many times it is all throughout the bible.

Here's the Sabbath commandment
Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Sabbath is the day to honor God Isa 58:13 so if we exalt any other day as a day of worship above God's Sabbath it is a form of idolatry

Can we look for ways to honor God and keep the Sabbath holy right from the scriptures? We sure can. . .

The Sabbath is a holy convocation Lev 23:3 which means a holy gathering/assembly i.e. Church
Which is how Jesus as His custom kept it reading God's Word in the synagogues Luke 4:16 Mark 1:21
It's how the apostles kept the Sabbath Acts 13:42-44 Acts 18:4 Acts 13:14 because they were commissioned to observe everything Jesus commanded of them Mat 28:18-20 (just as we are)

Teaching God's Word on the Sabbath Mark 1:21, Luke 4:16-22,

Preaching God's Word on the Sabbath Acts 13:42, Acts 18:4

Reading God's Word on the Sabbath Acts 15:21 Luke 4:16-22

Hearing God's Word on the Sabbath Acts 13:44

Reasoning with the Scriptures on the Sabbath Acts 17:2, Acts 18:4

Prayer on the Sabbath Acts 16:13

Being in nature on the Sabbath Acts 16:13

Song of Praise on the Sabbath Psalm 92:1

Doing good on the Sabbath Matthew 12:12 Luke 14:5 Jesus gave the examples of helping people and animals who are in need

Yes, one can eat on the Sabbath Luke 14:1, Exo 16:25
But one should prepare all the hard work on the Preparation Day- the day before the Sabbath

So very easily one can find many ways to keep the Sabbath commandment through scripture. Should we worship God everyday- of course but that does not mean we don't have a moral obligation to obey God's commandments. God gives us 6 days to get all our work and labors done and only asks for one full day to keep holy and honor Him and sadly people fight against this so much and would rather do what they want on God's holy Sabbath. Keeping God's Sabbath day holy is not meant to be a punishment, it is meant to bless Isa 56:1-6 Isa 58:13-14 and sanctify Eze 12:12 because we can't sanctify ourselves, we need God. Keeping God's Sabbath shows we are worshipping the One True God Eze 20:20 the only God of Creation Gen 2:1-3, Exo 20:11 the same God of Judgement Rev 14:7
I find your approach quite intriguing. My post#275 should have summarized our findings, yet it seems you're inclined to restart the conversation from scratch. Perhaps your strategy is to persist until someone relents.

Anyway, Isaiah 58:13 condemns those who work on the Sabbath day, a sentiment echoed in other prophetic books. Exodus 20:8-11 instructs to work for six days, following God's example. Therefore, it would be beneficial for your followers to advocate for a six-day workweek by requesting their employers to extend work from five days to six.

Regarding the notion of drawing near to God on other days being construed as exalting or idolizing those days, is there scriptural support for this belief, or is it a man-made notion to accuse others?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I find your approach quite intriguing. My post#275 should have summarized our findings, yet it seems you're inclined to restart the conversation from scratch. Perhaps your strategy is to persist until someone relents.
My strategy has never changed. Obey God's commandments just the way He wrote and spoke for our benefit. He is God, we are His servants.
Anyway, Isaiah 58:13 condemns those who work on the Sabbath day, a sentiment echoed in other prophetic books. Exodus 20:8-11 instructs to work for six days, following God's example. Therefore, it would be beneficial for your followers to advocate for a six-day workweek by requesting their employers to extend work from five days to six.
Yes, work 6 days rest and keep holy the seventh day Sabbath- agreed all throughout scripture. Please share where "work" only means having an employer. I can't find that in scripture.
Regarding the notion of drawing near to God on other days being construed as exalting or idolizing those days, is there scriptural support for this belief, or is it a man-made notion to accuse others?
As stated we should drawer near and worship God everyday- but if we are exalting another day above God's chosen day to keep holy is a form of idolatry and if one doesn't understand this, my guess they do not understand the significance of the Sabbath commandment.

Anyway, we are going in circles so I will leave it as agree to disagree, but wish you well seeking Truth to God's Word.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find your approach quite intriguing. My post#275 should have summarized our findings, yet it seems you're inclined to restart the conversation from scratch.
An interesting situation. By keeping the discussion at a shallow level, the appearance of having made a good case can be maintained.

I love my seventh day brothers and sisters, and I think it would be great if we could have a deeper discussion :heart:

Perhaps your strategy is to persist until someone relents.

• Agree
Reactions: Cornelius8L
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, we are going in circles so I will leave it as agree to disagree, but wish you well seeking Truth to God's Word.
The reason we keep going in circles is because you persistently misunderstand even the simplest statements made by someone who is alive. Take a look at my statement below and your response.
As stated we should drawer near and worship God everyday- but if we are exalting another day above God's chosen day to keep holy is a form of idolatry and if one doesn't understand this, my guess they do not understand the significance of the Sabbath commandment.
I asked for a scripture that directly states drawing near to God equates to exalting a specific day. Your response doesn't directly address my question but rather accuses someone of exalting a different day.

Yes, work 6 days rest and keep holy the seventh day Sabbath- agreed all throughout scripture. Please share where "work" only means having an employer. I can't find that in scripture.
I don't have a scripture that says "works" specifically refers to having an employee, just as you don't have a scripture stating that performing certain actions constitutes keeping a day holy. However, this doesn't highlight flaws in my argument but rather in yours. My simple intention with this question and suggestion is to ask if you preach working on Sunday to your followers? Do those who 'like' your posts work or rest on Sundays?

Exodus 20:8-11 instructs to work for six days, following God's example. Therefore, it would be beneficial for your followers to advocate for a six-day workweek by requesting their employers to extend work from five days to six.
My strategy has never changed. Obey God's commandments just the way He wrote and spoke for our benefit. He is God, we are His servants.
Given that you've stated your strategy is to obey God, you should be open to my suggestion regarding Exodus 20:8-11, which instructs to work for six days, following God's example. Consequently, it would be advantageous for your followers to promote a six-day workweek by proposing to their employers to extend work from five days to six. It appears that in order to honor the sanctity of the seventh day, one must labor for six days, as God did, as stated in Exodus 20:8-11.

Last edited:
Upvote 0