Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I attend a Baptist mega-church that is more like a college than a congregation. More than 10,000 members attend on Sunday through five services. Contemporary praise is very good, but never reaches beyond into the reverent worship of the Vineyard fellowship of our past.

We are learning how the modern church squelches and subdues the gifts of the Spirit to preserve denominational control and hierarchy continuance. As an ordained minister of another denomination, I was refused public level of ministry because I had not attended the correct colleges only they can approve. We are not serving, and we are not being served. We are ready to go beyond, but waiting for the Will of the Father before we move. We have been blessed in certain ways being where we are. The church is on the edge of a lake and county park with bike trails and a beach, and a boat launch, which is a very healing setting for us.

Peace and LIght.

Upvote 0
C

covefromoz

I kind of went everywhere before settling in to a little home church.

I started with a charasmatic church, then worked with Assemblies of God...was a part of Hillsong Church Australia for a little while, then spent a year at Brownsville Assembly of God in Pensacola.

Ended up in Houston at a Vineyard Church there, as well as a couple of others that we associated with...then I stopped going to church, hahaha. I got churched out.

Eventually I came back and now i'm at a home church called Praise Fellowship. It's been quite an adventure.

Upvote 0

aliwhowho

Nov 11, 2010
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I go to Sothern Baptist church that does not really believe in any charismatic type stuff,but I do. It is weird,but because they are very sound with doctrine,I have caught myself when getting pulled into some pretty shady charismatic type stuff that just did not line up with God's word. Always test the spirit!

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I go to an IPHC church...Pentecostal Holiness...Aside from a one year hiatus I've been there about 5 years...I'll soon be starting a Celebrate Recovery ministry there on Saturday nights...before my hiatus I was the assistant worship leader...

Upvote 0

cajunhillbilly

Jul 4, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟16,522.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I attend a Baptist Church called Lakepointe in Rockwall, TX most Sundays. About once every 6 weeks I also go to a small Anglican church for the liturgy and eucharist. Don't understand evangelical churches that only celebrate the Lord's Supper/Eucharist once every 3 or 4 months. I may eventually change my commitment though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I am curious as to which type of church we all attend."

I Presently (since '03) have been a member of an Assembly of God work in DeSoto, TX. I'm on my second term on the deacon board, and have been part of the worship team there as Bass player since '03. Since my health is decaying, I don't participate in physical activities any more (it's O.K. to slow down when you're 68), but I do handle the Media equipment as the resident engineer.

And since I'm in a couple of different Bluegrass bands (5-string banjo) we occasionally "play out" at local "Cowboy Churches" (Baptist) who have an appetite for that style.

Since I was involved in the Charismatic outpouring in the '70s, I'm Non-denominational, and a "Free Range Charismatic" by orientation.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"
And since I'm in a couple of different Bluegrass bands (5-string banjo) we occasionally "play out" at local "Cowboy Churches" (Baptist) who have an appetite for that style.

Hi There Bob!

I play tenor banjo and mandolin:) Great instrument.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I play tenor banjo and mandolin:) Great instrument.

Neat - I have a FRAMUS top tension tenor, but I've converted it to a 5-string with a Harmony neck. I've returned it to tenor configuration a couple of times, but never really have learned to DO anything with it in that mode.

I've always played "finger picking" style, and never got comfortable with a pick, even in my guitar days.

I've also got a Harmony open back tenor with a "Maybelle" pot on it that I added a fifth string onto, and use it as a "travel Banjo" (since the neck will pop off easily to fit in a suitcase).

I've learned a few songs on the Mandolin (Home Sweet Home, Dear old Dixie, etc.) but I play mando with three finger picks, which is a bit like the "McReynolds Roll" style.

But 5-string and Auto-harp are the two MAIN instruments that I use in the band (Cedar Junction Bluegrass - on Facebook). And since I'm 68 and Arthritis is a-creep'in in I may have to drop back to Bass in the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Talk about work'in a rhythm guitar player to death!!!

Nice variations, and a good sound. Is that a bakelite body Harmony??? if so I've got one just like it except in 5-string configuration.

In the next post (since you have to have 50 to post links) I'll toss in a "Youtube" out there of me doing something with the "Cedar Junction" band.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a recording of the Cedar Junction Band doing "Flint Hill Special" At the Southwest Bluegrass Club Meeting in February of 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBtmDbCEsek

Cedar Junction is the "house Band" at the Venus Opry, that puts on their show every second Saturday night in Venus, TX.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
wow, this is an interesting thread.

I am non-denominational/charismatic/prophetic-stream. My husband and I serve as missionaries under the auspices of the Association of Bridge Churches, headed up by John Paul Jackson. The man I call my pastor is now recognized as an apostle in the central Missouri area, and he is mainly serving pastors there. He is the main person my husband and I remain accountable to. He was mentored by Ernie Gruen, and both he and the present pastor of our home church came up through the Jesus People movement.

Here in Honduras my husband and I have not found a church where we feel completely at home. We work with several Honduran churches and attend one of the three English-speaking churches here in the capital city, all of which are called inter-denominational, but none lean far enough to the charismatic/prophetic-flow style that we prefer. The one we attend has Mennonite roots but is pastored by a man with a PHC background. I am currently seeking God about the possiblity of starting a charismatic fellowship for those of us who feel kind of homeless here, spiritually.

blessings
tal

Upvote 0