House Republicans subpoena Hunter and James Biden as their impeachment inquiry ramps back up

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟463,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And none of them are evidence of a crime.

Involved with what? So far there is no evidence of a crime, except by the GOP.
That is what a certain faction keeps parroting, that despite emails, and multiple meetings with clients of Hunter (Do you invite your Dad to your business meetings?), and statements made, and massive checks deposited, and numerous shell companies, that there is simply "no evidence". The two standards of justice are quite clear.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is what a certain faction keeps parroting, that despite emails, and multiple meetings with clients of Hunter (Do you invite your Dad to your business meetings?),

If I was trying to get a gig based on proximity to my dad, yeah. It's not illegal or even necessarily improper for Joe. It's just a bit cringey.

and statements made, and massive checks deposited, and numerous shell companies, that there is simply "no evidence".

That evidence amounts to little more than innuendo. The statements that keep coming out are the Joe wasn't involved. The checks have all been accounted for, have they not? And lots of people have shell companies for things, including Trump. In fact, his ownership of ~500 shell companies was once pitched as an indicator of his business acumen.

The two standards of justice are quite clear.
It is. It's clear that you guys will bend over backwards to excuse Trump's obvious criminality and self-dealing while simultaneously trying to invent whatever evidence you can against Biden to convince yourself that you're not the only one supporting a crook.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟463,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I can see with my eyes how ineffective this congress has been for Americans. I don't need to see that again lol. Voters are witnessing the nonsense as well. It's a party of children following Trump to hell rather than leading constituents to prosperity. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse unbridled sleigh lol.
Last summer, the House attempted to pass a border bill. Biden wanted to let several million more pour over the border so the Democrats ignored it. You are right that Congress is ineffective. You are not right about who is causing the problem.

(No one is talking about or interested in Trump here.)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Last summer, the House attempted to pass a border bill.
The House did pass a border bill (HR 2), but they *knew* the Senate would never accept it as is. (It was a messaging bill.)
Biden wanted to let several million more pour over the border so the Democrats ignored it.
You have no basis to make this claim about Biden. (The House was not interested in negotiating a bill that could pass both chambers -- a requirement for laws under the US Constitution.)
You are right that Congress is ineffective. You are not right about who is causing the problem.

(No one is talking about or interested in Trump here.)
In this last case, the Senate had a compromise border bill included as part of the foreign aid supplemental bill and it was Trump who demanded it be killed, and it was. (Personally, I think the Senate should take up HR 2, and substitute the Trump-rejected Lankford-Murphy-Sinema compromise bill, send it back to the House and negotiate.)

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟463,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The House did pass a border bill (HR 2), but they *knew* the Senate would never accept it as is. (It was a messaging bill.)

You have no basis to make this claim about Biden. (The House was not interested in negotiating a bill that could pass both chambers -- a requirement for laws under the US Constitution.)

In this last case, the Senate had a compromise border bill included as part of the foreign aid supplemental bill and it was Trump who demanded it be killed, and it was. (Personally, I think the Senate should take up HR 2, and substitute the Trump-rejected Lankford-Murphy-Sinema compromise bill, send it back to the House and negotiate.)
You are correct; I meant to say the House passed a border bill and the Senate refused to do anything at all, and just ignored it.

I do have a basis to state that Biden - who has had complete charge over the border situation he entirely abdicated in 2021 when he took office, after telling migrants to "surge the border if I win" (2019 debate, back when he could debate), and revoking all the working border policies of both his predecessor AND Obama, did indeed want the entirely foreseeable result of millions pouring in to happen. He made it happen and did NOTHING for 3 entire years. Now he claims that he needs some legislation he does not need - nor did Trump or Obama need - to do what he has entirely failed to do.

Not buying.

You might be unaware but Trump has no office and is NOT in the House. He controls nothing. It's just "unnamed sources" who keep saying this and media parrots it nonstop. Again, not persuasive.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You might be unaware but Trump has no office and is NOT in the House. He controls nothing. It's just "unnamed sources" who keep saying this and media parrots it nonstop. Again, not persuasive.
Nothing? Are you sure about that? He is the master of the Republican Party and the "leaders" of that party eager to do his bidding. "Unnamed sources" aren't needed. Trump spoke against the Senate compromise in public statements.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are correct; I meant to say the House passed a border bill and the Senate refused to do anything at all, and just ignored it.

I do have a basis to state that Biden - who has had complete charge over the border situation he entirely abdicated in 2021 when he took office, after telling migrants to "surge the border if I win" (2019 debate, back when he could debate), and revoking all the working border policies of both his predecessor AND Obama, did indeed want the entirely foreseeable result of millions pouring in to happen. He made it happen and did NOTHING for 3 entire years. Now he claims that he needs some legislation he does not need - nor did Trump or Obama need - to do what he has entirely failed to do.

Not buying.

Nothing? Are you sure about that? He is the master of the Republican Party and the "leaders" of that party eager to do his bidding. "Unnamed sources" aren't needed. Trump spoke against the Senate compromise in public statements.
Yeah, this notion that Trump has no power is absolutely wild. It’s like saying the media and advertisers don’t have any power because they don’t have legislative authority. The ability to hold sway over and manipulate people is huge.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is what a certain faction keeps parroting, that despite emails, and multiple meetings with clients of Hunter (Do you invite your Dad to your business meetings?), and statements made, and massive checks deposited, and numerous shell companies, that there is simply "no evidence".
None of the above is evidence of a crime.
The two standards of justice are quite clear.
Yes, Trump is guilty of many crimes, and yet you claim he's innocent.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are paper trails from here to the moon. Emails, phone calls, financial records, etc.

But somehow that isn't evidence when Biden is involved.
If the evidence is so voluminous and definitive...why hasn't President Biden been impeached yet?

-- A2SG, hmmm....

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,803.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If the evidence is so voluminous and definitive...why hasn't President Biden been impeached yet?

-- A2SG, hmmm....
There seems to be a bit of an issue with GOP witnesses ending up being charged for lying about their testimony. But I'm sure once that minor issue is worked through there will be tons of evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
...despite emails, and multiple meetings with clients of Hunter (Do you invite your Dad to your business meetings?), and statements made, and massive checks deposited, and numerous shell companies, that there is simply "no evidence".
Let's forget the evidence for a moment.

What is the crime?

Joe Biden should be indicted for....

Murder?
Bribery?
Mopery?
Jaywalking?

What crime is being alleged by the GOP, and what are the circumstances?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,803.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The answer I remember seeing is that they have absolutely no idea, which is why they need a bunch of investigations to try and figure out what they're investigating.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Hunter Biden's closed-door depositions with GOP-led House committees

[From his prepared remarks, I assume:]

Hunter Biden said in a statement for his deposition that his testimony should “put an end” to the Republican impeachment inquiry because his father, President Joe Biden, was not involved in his business dealings.

“I am here today to provide the Committees with the one uncontestable fact that should end the false premise of this inquiry: I did not involve my father in my business,” Hunter Biden said, according to a copy of his opening statement. “Not while I was a practicing lawyer, not in my investments or transactions domestic or international, not as a board member, and not as an artist. Never.”

“You have trafficked in innuendo, distortion, and sensationalism — all the while ignoring the clear and convincing evidence staring you in the face,” Hunter Biden said. “You do not have evidence to support the baseless and MAGA-motivated conspiracies about my father because there isn’t any.”

--

The answer I remember seeing is that they have absolutely no idea

House Oversight Chair James Comer could not specify what direct actions Joe Biden took while in office that benefited his son’s business dealings, and instead pointed to two checks that his brother wrote to him as loan repayments when he was not in office as evidence of the bribery House Republicans are alleging.

“We have two checks,” the Republican from Kentucky told CNN’s Paula Reid when asked to present direct evidence of Joe Biden taking official actions on behalf of his son.

1709135425384.png
1709135425384.png

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In Re the Hunter Biden hearing. Lisa Desjardins tweeting:

Still working out all the reporting here but talking with sources in both parties, it's clear that the first hour of this morning's deposition was a mess of lawmakers interrupting, semi-or-not-focused on topic and emotions/insults erupting.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟463,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's forget the evidence for a moment.

What is the crime?

Joe Biden should be indicted for....

Murder?
Bribery?
Mopery?
Jaywalking?

The crimes are: bribery, abuse of power, and obstruction of justice.

Remember, Biden categorically stated originally that "He had never spoken to his son about his business dealings and had no involvement whatsoever.’

Then when that was shown to be false, he shifted to: "I was not involved personally with the business."

Then when all the emails, meetings, phone calls were exposed, the narrative shifted to "President Biden was not "involved financially"with the business. So...no involvement to now no "financial involvement". Everything is loans and money shifting to nine Biden members from foreign entities for no reason at all, all beginning with Biden's contacts that obtained the job for Hunter at Burisma.

It's all on camera and in various articles.

"Emails from the cache suggested that Hunter Biden hosted a dinner in a private room at the tony Washington restaurant that included both his father and an executive from the Ukrainian energy company Burisma, which had appointed Hunter Biden to its board. An email from the executive, dated immediately following the dinner, thanked Hunter Biden for the chance to meet his father."

Come on, man...as Joe would say. Even left-leaning Politico knows he is lying. https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/05/hunter-joe-biden-business-testimony-00125056

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The crimes are: bribery
OK. Who bribed whom to do what?

abuse of power
What power? When? Comer is seemingly unable to answer the question. (end of post 93)

and obstruction of justice.
What did Biden obstruct? How?

"Emails from the cache suggested that Hunter Biden hosted a dinner in a private room at the tony Washington restaurant that included both his father and an executive from the Ukrainian energy company Burisma, which had appointed Hunter Biden to its board. An email from the executive, dated immediately following the dinner, thanked Hunter Biden for the chance to meet his father."
OK, some people ate dinner together. How do you get from a shared dinner to bribery, an abuse of power or obstructing justice.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟463,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK. Who bribed whom to do what?

What power? When? Comer is seemingly unable to answer the question. (end of post 93)

What did Biden obstruct? How?

OK, some people ate dinner together. How do you get from a shared dinner to bribery, an abuse of power or obstructing justice.
How do you get from shared dinners to foreign oligarchs sending millions of dollars to 9 family members?

I've eaten dinner with a few people, even some powerful people, and not once has that ever happened. Hmmm.

Here's a hilarious Politifact check. It's only "half-true" because larger shares of foreign oligarch money went to Biden associates, not family members. " Most of the payments went to Biden family "associates." About $5 million went to Hunter Biden and other Biden family members. The bank records show neither evidence that foreign payments went to President Joe Biden nor evidence of wrongdoing by the president."

As to the charges, they haven't been filed yet and we all know Biden is going to ride off into the sunset, escaping any responsibility.

It's ongoing. James Biden testified last week, and Hunter today. We shall see if anything comes of it, but there are a number who testified, like Bobulinski, who tried to tell the FBI years ago, but it wasn't interested.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How do you get from shared dinners to foreign oligarchs sending millions of dollars to 9 family members?
Beats me, but that's not a crime, and it doesn't involve Joe.

The bank records show neither evidence that foreign payments went to President Joe Biden nor evidence of wrongdoing by the president."
Look! No crime! No Joe!

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean this meeting?

The dinner, on April 16, 2015, was held in the private “Garden Room” at Café Milano, a Georgetown institution whose catchphrase is: “Where the world’s most powerful people go.”
“Ok – the reason for the dinner is ostensibly to discuss food security,” writes Hunter on March 26 to Michael Karloutsos, son of the then-head of the Greek Orthodox Church.

“Dad will be there but keep that between us for now. Thanks.”
A Mexican ambassador and representatives of World Food Program USA also were on the guest list, which Hunter emailed to Archer three weeks before the dinner:

“3 seats for our KZ [Kazakhstan] friends.

“2 seats for Yelana and husband

“2 [seats for] you and me.

“3 seats for WFPUSA people

“Vadym.

“3 Ambassadors (MX, ?, ?)

“Total 14”.

• Useful
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0