House Republicans subpoena Hunter and James Biden as their impeachment inquiry ramps back up

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,169,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acquitted ... what is the mis understanding of found NOT GUILTY. It don't matter how it happened and who did what ... charges were brought and he was found innocent of the charges ... period.
Speaking of charges, Trump is facing trials now for very specific charges, and will be tried and then found guilty or innocent according to courts of law, instead of only a politically influenced voting of a Congress by party.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Clinton impeachment was a fiasco. The guilt was guilty of lying about having an affair. Hardly a threat to USA or democracy.

The political process of impeachment isn't a judicial process and isn't about guilt or not.
It's about showing to the public what has happened and what evidence there is, and then the politicians acting or not on that before the public and facing whatever repercussions or not that that might be at the next election for acting or not.
Voting not to remove Trump seemed to have no repercussions for the Republican Senators. Therefore most of the USA Republican voters were saying "We just don't care about whether Trump does crimes, we want him as our president regardless."

He is in court right now. Multiple courts, in one they have said he is liable and they are just working out the price rather than the guilt.
It don't matter ..... being charged with a crime has no conclusion ... being convicted (found guilty) happens via a trial.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Clinton was acquitted as well. 45 senators voted to convict while 55 voted for acquittal. On Article Two, 50 senators voted to convict while 50 voted for acquittal. Clinton remained in office for the remainder of his second term. So in this case 55 decided there was not enough evidence to convict. Was he guilty? It don't matter .... it was never brought to trial ... same with Trump.

At this point in time Trump has not been convicted of anything while being President...only charged. It's not a settled issue at this point.

So impeachment doesn't prove guilt ... it just prevents the case of going to trial via lack of evidence. If there's no trial there's no conviction and no penalty.

All these charges have to run to their full end (including appeals) .... and nobody knows if and when that might be.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of charges, Trump is facing trials now for very specific charges, and will be tried and then found guilty or innocent according to courts of law, instead of only a politically influenced voting of a Congress by party.
Regardless ... they have to come to their full end when ever that is

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Regardless ... we have to wait until they all come to their full end.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Acquitted ... what is the mis understanding of found NOT GUILTY. It don't matter how it happened and who did what ... charges were brought and he was found innocent of the charges ... period.
Incorrect. Congress is a political body, not a court. He was not found NOT GUILTY. He was not punished by his own party. He is guilty, just not held accountable - yet.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Incorrect. Congress is a political body, not a court. He was not found NOT GUILTY. He is guilty, just not held accountable - yet.
He has been charged .... the outcome has not happened yet ... there hasn't been a trail(s) yet. Even then he has appeals.

Have you ever been charged with a crime and not be guilty of it? I have and it's no picnic. Was even verbally threatened by the district attorney.

I could have just paid a small fine and gotten out of it (the hassle of fighting it) .... but that would have been admission of guilt to something I did not do ..some are ok with this (rather pay a fine than dealing with the hassle) .... I am not ... it is the principle that matters.

My innocence prevailed and the matter was completely dropped.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It don't matter ..... being charged with a crime has no conclusion ... being convicted (found guilty) happens via a trial.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Clinton was acquitted as well. 45 senators voted to convict while 55 voted for acquittal. On Article Two, 50 senators voted to convict while 50 voted for acquittal. Clinton remained in office for the remainder of his second term. So in this case 55 decided there was not enough evidence to convict.
That's not correct. 55 decided not to remove him from office. This doesn't mean that they thought there was not enough evidence.
They just weren't going to remove him from office for lying about having an affair.

So impeachment doesn't prove guilt ... it just prevents the case of going to trial via lack of evidence.
No, nothing to do with lack of evidence.
BTW in one of the Trump impeachments, the Republican Senate voted that in the Senate "trial" no evidence or witnesses would be allowed.
They had no interest in even looking at evidence

If there's no trial there's no conviction and no penalty.
Impeachment and removal is a political process.
It seems the DOJ won't indict a sitting president, but if a president is impeached and removed then they might indict - although there is no guarantee.
They can also indict after a president has finished their term as president.

All these charges have to run to their full end (including appeals) .... and nobody knows if and when that might be.
Sure, but people and voters can pay attention, can watch the trials, see and hear about the evidence and can determine if they want that person to be their president or not.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
He has been charged .... the outcome has not happened yet ... there hasn't been a trail(s) yet. Even then he has appeals.

Have you ever been charged with a crime and not be guilty of it? I have and it's no picnic. Was even verbally threatened by the district attorney.

I could have just paid a small fine and gotten out of it (the hassle of fighting it) .... but that would have been admission of guilt to something I did not do ..some are ok with this (rather pay a fine than dealing with the hassle) .... I am not ... it is the principle that matters.

My innocence prevailed and the matter was completely dropped.
We know what Trump has done. More importantly, many of his lawyers and staff know what he did and will tell the courts.

You are not the topic, and even if you were it is not the same as Trump. Were you accused of staging a coup? Take classified documents? Try to get leaders in Georgia to find you votes? Sexually assault another person?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We know what Trump has done. More importantly, many of his lawyers and staff know what he did and will tell the courts.

You are not the topic, and even if you were it is not the same as Trump. Were you accused of staging a coup? Take classified documents? Try to get leaders in Georgia to find you votes? Sexually assault another person?
Yes I am on topic. The principle is the same (that's why I brought it up) .... what something looks like don't mean that it is. I'm just not one to pre-judge someone .... because I experienced it even though on a smaller level .... maybe I'm more sensitive about it than most.

There are accusations on both sides of the camp. Don't know if actual charges will be brought regarding the Bidens ... so will have to see and not pre-judge them either.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yes I am on topic. The principle is the same (that's why I brought it up) .... what something looks like don't mean that it is. I'm just not one to pre-judge someone .... because I experienced it even though on a smaller level .... maybe I'm more sensitive about it than most.

There are accusations on both sides of the camp. Don't know if actual charges will be brought regarding the Bidens ... so will have to see and not pre-judge them either.
I said you are not the topic, not off topic. Whatever happened to you is not the same as what is happening to Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well...even back then in Feb, 2021 when they had less evidence than we have now, this was the outcome:

"At the conclusion of the trial, the Senate voted 57–43 to convict Trump of inciting insurrection, falling 10 votes short of the two-thirds majority required by the Constitution, and Trump was therefore acquitted. Seven Republican senators joined all Democratic and independent senators in voting to convict Trump, the largest bipartisan vote for an impeachment conviction of a U.S. president or former U.S. president.[8][9] "
He was acquitted

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Donald Trump was impeached twice during his single term in office. In each case, he was acquitted on all counts by the Senate.
Yes, he was acquitted of the impeachment charges, but that doesn't erase the fact that he was twice impeached. Just like Bill Clinton. It also doesn't mean that either of them was really not guilty, just that the majority of Congress didn't want to kick either of them out of the Presidency.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Hunter Biden offers to testify publicly before House panel

Escalation of battle with House GOP comes in response to a subpoena for a closed-door session​

“Mr. Chairman, we take you up on your offer,” [Hunter's lawyer] Lowell wrote, in a copy of the letter reviewed by The Washington Post. “Accordingly, our client will get right to it by agreeing to answer any pertinent and relevant question you or your colleagues might have, but — rather than subscribing to your cloaked, one-sided process — he will appear at a public Oversight and Accountability Committee hearing.”

“A public proceeding would prevent selective leaks, manipulated transcripts, doctored exhibits, or one-sided press statements,” Lowell added.

(He sounds scared.)
/s

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
At this point in time Trump has not been convicted of anything while being President...only charged. It's not a settled issue at this point.
He's already admitted to fraud and was found liable for sexual abuse.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hunter Biden offers to willingly testify.
Sec. Clinton willingly testified.

Jim Jordan refused to comply with a subpoena.
Donald refused to testify.

Hmm....
Biden wants it televised, and the republicans do not. Why doesn't the republicans want the American public to see the interview? Probably because they won't be able to spin it to the press....

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ranking member Raskin is feeling his Wheaties.

1701204566264.png

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Jamie Raskin has entered the chat

"Let me get this straight.

After wailing and moaning for ten months about Hunter Biden and alluding to some vast unproven family conspiracy, after sending Hunter Biden a subpoena to appear and testify, Chairman Comer and the Oversight Republicans now reject his offer to appear before the full Committee and the eyes of the world to answer any questions that they pose?

What an epic humiliation for our colleagues and what a frank confession that they are simply not interested in the facts and have no confidence in their own case or the ability of their own Members to pursue it.

After the miserable failure of their impeachment hearing in September, Chairman Comer has now apparently decided to avoid all Committee hearings where the public can actually see for itself the logical, rhetorical and factual contortions they have tied themselves up in.

The evidence has shown time and again President Biden has committed no wrongdoing, much less an impeachable offense.

Chairman Comer's insistence that Hunter Biden's interview should happen behind closed doors proves it once again.

What the Republicans fear most is sunlight and the truth."

Upvote 0