Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm really trying to keep this simple. What is THE POWER BEHIND SIN? Deuteronomy 4:2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. (This spans all the way to Deuteronomy 31:26)
Notice this "law" was stored in a different place than the 10 commandments the transgression of which defines sin.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Notice this "law" was stored in a different place than the 10 commandments the transgression of which defines sin.
That Law was a Covenant/Promise Graven of stone by the very hands of Moses, under the command of God and then written onto tablets of Stone, by the very Finger of YH-H.

It bound the Israelites to God. It was a "Marriage" Symbol of the "First Covenant".

If Moses instructs the Israelites to NEVER ADD OR SUBTRACT from the Book of the LAW, then goes forward and drops the 10 commandments carved on the stones within ALL of the other commandments that were Dispensed to Moses while he was speaking directly with YH-H... all the way up unto Deuteronomy 31:26... How do you then take only 10 of them, and then literally SUBTRACT the others? Do you not count yourself Spiritual Israel? If you MUST OBEY 10, for Salvation, it would be wise to NOT SUBTRACT all of the others. That is precisely how Y-WH gave it.

It is NEVER WRONG to DO GOOD on the Sabbath rest. But it is WRONG to REQUIRE MANKIND to be GOOD by THE LAW, in reference to Salvation.

That is my opinion on this matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That Law was a Covenant/Promise Graven of stone by the very hands of Moses, under the command of God and then written onto tablets of Stone, by the very Finger of YH-H.

It bound the Israelites to God. It was a "Marriage" Symbol of the "First Covenant".

If Moses instructs the Israelites to NEVER ADD OR SUBTRACT from the Book of the LAW, then goes forward and drops the 10 commandments carved on the stones within ALL of the other commandments that were Dispensed to Moses while he was speaking directly with YH-H... all the way up unto Deuteronomy 31:26... How do you then take only 10 of them, and then literally SUBTRACT the others? Do you not count yourself Spiritual Israel? If you MUST OBEY 10, for Salvation, it would be wise to NOT SUBTRACT all of the others. That is precisely how Y-WH gave it.

It is NEVER WRONG to DO GOOD on the Sabbath rest. But it is WRONG to REQUIRE MANKIND to be GOOD by THE LAW, in reference to Salvation.

That is my opinion on this matter.
Where does scripture say the 10 commandments were graven in stone by the fingers of Moses? Notice where the10 commandments were kept in the sanctuary.

Exodus 34: 1 AND the Lord said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

Deuteronomy 10: 1 AT that time the Lord said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.
2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.
3 And I made an ark of shi ttim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.
4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the Lord spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the Lord gave them unto me.
5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the Lord commanded me.

Deuteronomy 31: 25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Two different sets of laws stored in two separate places. Read the rest of Deuteronomy and you will find it the law of blessings and cursings.

2Kings 22: 8 ¶ And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.
9 And Shaphan the scribe came to the king, and brought the king word again, and said, Thy servants have gathered the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of them that do the work, that have the oversight of the house of the Lord.
10 And Shaphan the scribe shewed the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath delivered me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king.
11 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.
12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king’s, saying,
13 Go ye, inquire of the Lord for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the Lord that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.
14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.
15 ¶ And she said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,
16 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:
17 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
18 But to the king of Judah which sent you to inquire of the Lord, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;
19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the Lord.
20 Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.

When you read the law of blessings and cursings you will see the future of Israel traced out. Their apostatizing and punishments are laid out clearly. Their blessings for obedience were also laid out clearly and you will see Israel's and Judah's entire history laid out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Where does scripture say the 10 commandments were graven in stone by the fingers of Moses? Notice where the10 commandments were kept in the sanctuary.

Exodus 34: 1 AND the Lord said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

Deuteronomy 10: 1 AT that time the Lord said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.
2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.
3 And I made an ark of shi ttim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.
4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the Lord spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the Lord gave them unto me.
5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the Lord commanded me.

Deuteronomy 31: 25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Two different sets of laws stored in two separate places. Read the rest of Deuteronomy and you will find it the law of blessings and cursings.

2Kings 22: 8 ¶ And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.
9 And Shaphan the scribe came to the king, and brought the king word again, and said, Thy servants have gathered the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of them that do the work, that have the oversight of the house of the Lord.
10 And Shaphan the scribe shewed the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath delivered me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king.
11 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.
12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king’s, saying,
13 Go ye, inquire of the Lord for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the Lord that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.
14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.
15 ¶ And she said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,
16 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:
17 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
18 But to the king of Judah which sent you to inquire of the Lord, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;
19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the Lord.
20 Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.

When you read the law of blessings and cursings you will see the future of Israel traced out. Their apostatizing and punishments are laid out clearly. Their blessings for obedience were also laid out clearly and you will see Israel's and Judah's entire history laid out.
My actually quote is this:

Exodus 34:1 The Lord said to Moses, Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My actually quote is this:

Exodus 34:1 The Lord said to Moses, Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain
So? That does not say Moses wrote the 10 commandments in stone. It is also veryclear from scripture that the law of blessings and cursings is not the 10 commandments. The law of blessings and cursings is the result of Israel's obedience and/or disobedience to the 10 commandments.

Dueteronomy 30: 6 'And Jehovah thy God hath circumcised thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, for the sake of thy life;

Colossians 2: 8 See that no one shall be carrying you away as spoil through the philosophy and vain deceit, according to the deliverance of men, according to the rudiments of the world, and not according to Christ,
9 because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,
10 and ye are in him made full, who is the head of all principality and authority,
11 in whom also ye were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh in the circumcision of the Christ,
12 being buried with him in the baptism, in which also ye rose with [him] through the faith of the working of God, who did raise him out of the dead.
13 And you — being dead in the trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh — He made alive together with him, having forgiven you all the trespasses,
14 having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;

Remember Deuteronomy 31: 29 where Moses said the law of blessings and cursings was to be a witness against them? Here it is again along with the circumcision of the heart which in the OT was symbolic of the new birth, being born again.

The gospel is all throughout scripture.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So? That does not say Moses wrote the 10 commandments in stone. It is also veryclear from scripture that the law of blessings and cursings is not the 10 commandments. The law of blessings and cursings is the result of Israel's obedience and/or disobedience to the 10 commandments.

Dueteronomy 30: 6 'And Jehovah thy God hath circumcised thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, for the sake of thy life;

Colossians 2: 8 See that no one shall be carrying you away as spoil through the philosophy and vain deceit, according to the deliverance of men, according to the rudiments of the world, and not according to Christ,
9 because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,
10 and ye are in him made full, who is the head of all principality and authority,
11 in whom also ye were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh in the circumcision of the Christ,
12 being buried with him in the baptism, in which also ye rose with [him] through the faith of the working of God, who did raise him out of the dead.
13 And you — being dead in the trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh — He made alive together with him, having forgiven you all the trespasses,
14 having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;

Remember Deuteronomy 31: 29 where Moses said the law of blessings and cursings was to be a witness against them? Here it is again along with the circumcision of the heart which in the OT was symbolic of the new birth, being born again.

The gospel is all throughout scripture.
The stones God wrote on and are in Heaven were Carved out by Moses. That's just a fact.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The stones God wrote on and are in Heaven were Carved out by Moses. That's just a fact.
Could you point to that scripture? While I agree Moses found the stone that God inscribed His Ten Commandments but it doesn’t say that is the copy in heaven. God does have a copy of the Ten Commandments in Heaven Rev 11:19 that sits under His mercy seat as it will be what man is Judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:17-30 but it doesn’t say it’s the exact copy from the second set of tablets God wrote His holy law. The last we heard about it was with King Solomon. I imagine they were hidden in a safe place and wouldn’t that be awesome if they were found. The earthy temple was a copy of the original heavenly Temple Heb 8:1-5 so God could dwell on earth with man. Exo 25:8 Now we are His temple 1 Cor 3:16 and He wrote His law in our hearts and mind Heb 8:10 through our faith and love to Him and by His power we can keep His holy and righteous commandments John 14:15-18 1 John 5:3 Exo 20:6 which reconciles us Rev 22:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Could you point to that scripture? While I agree Moses found the stone that God inscribed His Ten Commandments but it doesn’t say that is the copy in heaven. God does have a copy of the Ten Commandments in Heaven Rev 11:19 that sits under His mercy seat as it will be what man is Judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:17-30 but it doesn’t say it’s the exact copy from the second set of tablets God wrote His holy law. The last we heard about it was with King Solomon. I imagine they were hidden in a safe place and wouldn’t that be awesome if they were found. The earthy temple was a copy of the original heavenly Temple Heb 8:1-5 so God could dwell on earth with man. Exo 25:8 Now we are His temple 1 Cor 3:16 and He wrote His law in our hearts and mind Heb 8:10 through our faith and love to Him and by His power we can keep His holy and righteous commandments John 14:15-18 1 John 5:3 Exo 20:6 which reconciles us Rev 22:14

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What is missing in the Text is that this copy is the exact copy in heaven. If you have a Text for that let me know which is what I asked. The scripture you posted that was indicated in my response was never in contention

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Where does scripture say the tablets themselves are in heaven? The 10 were not carved out by Moses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Where does scripture say the tablets themselves are in heaven? The 10 were not carved out by Moses.
Rv 11:19 states that the prophet saw God's temple in heaven opened, "and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple."

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What is missing in the Text is that this copy is the exact copy in heaven. If you have a Text for that let me know which is what I asked. The scripture you posted that was indicated in my response was never in contention
Rv 11:19 states that the prophet saw God's temple in heaven opened, "and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple."

It is the carved stones of Moses that have the writing of God on them.

You have to pair that verse in Rv 11:19 with Heb 9:4

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It is the carved stones of Moses that have the writing of God on them.

You have to pair that verse in Rv 11:19 with Hb 9:4
I take it you never read my post from #187

No doubt the Ten Commanemnts is indeed in heaven. What I asked is where does it say the copy God wrote on in Stone the second time is the exact copy in heaven? Scripture tells us the earthy temple was a copy of the heavenly Temple. Heb 8:1-5

The last time scripture talks about the physical Ten Commandments was with King Solomon, but it doesn’t say what happened to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I take it you never read my post from $187
I read it. It is that copy. We know this, because it is a very specific thing to God of meaning. I’ll put it this way… Israel represents our woes and triumphs to God. To God, Israel is in every sense, God’s True Bride… Hosea kind of shows the heart break of all of that… but God isn’t done with her.

The tablets represent God’s promises to Israel.

If you read the Hebrews verse that I quoted, the Tablets are part of the inferior covenant. All you have to do is read the full context surrounding that verse in Hebrews.

That said, I did read your post.

Allow me to ask you… which would you rather have guiding you? Stone tablets… or the New Covenant promise of the Holy Spirit, Who guides us into how to best Love our neighbor as we love ourselves and God?
That is what Paul is saying in Hebrews…

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I take it you never read my post from #187

No doubt the Ten Commanemnts is indeed in heaven. What I asked is where does it say the copy God wrote on in Stone the second time is the exact copy in heaven? Scripture tells us the earthy temple was a copy of the heavenly Temple. Heb 8:1-5

The last time scripture talks about the physical Ten Commandments was with King Solomon, but it doesn’t say what happened to them.
Another interesting matter is that, though Israel is God’s bride… Mary of Israel, is Israel’s virgin Womb, that bore our Lord and Savior. Allegorically speaking… Israel is the DNA vehicle that God guided in preparation for His Human Bloodline. “God with Us”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I read it. It is that copy. We know this, because it is a very specific thing to God of meaning. I’ll put it this way… Israel represents our woes and triumphs to God. To God, Israel is in every sense, God’s True Bride… Hosea kind of shows the heart break of all of that… but God isn’t done with her.

The tablets represent God’s promises to Israel.

If you read the Hebrews verse that I quoted, the Tablets are part of the inferior covenant. All you have to do is read the full context surrounding that verse in Hebrews.

That said, I did read your post.

Allow me to ask you… which would you rather have guiding you? Stone tablets… or the New Covenant promise of the Holy Spirit, Who guides us into how to best Love our neighbor as we love ourselves and God?
That is what Paul is saying in Hebrews…
A copy is not an “original”. You have yet to provide the Text that says it’s the “copy” in heaven.

God inscribed His holy law on the tables of stone and then placed it in our hearts and gave us a new spirit so we can keep His holy law. I don’t understand why one would try to make an argument that God’s law and His Spirit are at odds when it is His Spirit that enables to keep His holy law John 14:15-18 We shouldn’t cling to sin, but to God’s righteousness. His holy and perfect law is a reflection of God’s holy and righteous character that we are to take on His image. Weird one would argue against God’s will for us. He wrote His law with His own finger, He made a copy of it in the earthy temple that is a reflection of His heavenly Temple Heb 8:1-5 Rev 11:19, it must be really important to God, yet people argue against it for some strange reason.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A copy is not an “original”

God inscribed His holy law on the tables of stone and then placed it in our hearts and gave us a new spirit so we can keep His holy law. I don’t understand why one would try to make an argument that God’s law and His Spirit are at odds when it is His Spirit that enables to keep His holy law John 14:15-18
The original was smashed by Moses... that's why I called it a copy.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The original was smashed by Moses... that's why I called it a copy.
But God made a new copy of it. There is no scripture that says “this” copy is the one in heaven. The last the Text says it was in King Soliman’s temple, which was destroyed- it doesn’t say what happened to the Ten Commandments.. It’s the last we heard of the earthy copy. The earthy temple was a replica of God’s heavenly Temple where it holds the original Heb 8:1-5 Rev 11:19

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Does it say the tables of stone were in the ark? Remember the wilderness sanctuary was a model of the pattern given by God to Moses of the heavenly sanctuary so the heavenly sanctuary predated the earthly sanctuary.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟20,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A copy is not an “original”

God inscribed His holy law on the tables of stone and then placed it in our hearts and gave us a new spirit so we can keep His holy law. I don’t understand why one would try to make an argument that God’s law and His Spirit are at odds when it is His Spirit that enables to keep His holy law John 14:15-18 We shouldn’t cling to sin, but to God’s righteousness. His holy and perfect law is a reflection of God’s holy and righteous character that we are to take on His image.
The new Covenant is based on Jesus Christ's Obedience, not ours. The Holy Spirit creates non ordinance based Love, Faith and Hope into our very being. Obedience is slavery, but we are declared sons and daughters. We don't "obey", but instead we are led into doing good works for God. Examples are given in James... Helping those in need, like widows, orphans and such.

Jesus is God. To simply not be HIM, places us in the category of sinning, as "to sin" means To Miss the Mark. To attempt to be LIKE JESUS, is to literally be saying that we are attempting to be GOOD LIKE GOD.

Having Faith in Jesus that saves means that we surrender to the Amazing truth that HE that was without sin, became sin for all of us, that We that are Sinners could be declared righteous.

I emphasize that it is most definitely well to do good on the Sabbath. But we don't do it to be saved. Jesus is our 100 percent complete salvation.

Upvote 0