Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did Jesus come to save the righteous or sinners?

Did Jesus offer His “Propitiation” for active sinners “while they were sinners”… or sinners that became obedient to the stone law?

1 John 2:2 How do you define the word “Propitiation”?
the stone law people call it will never change the new covenant will put it in yout hearts and flesh it is written;

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Galatians seems to talk about that. Why did Jesus "Magnify" the Law?
Because the Jews were making a mockery of it by making it legalistic. That's the whole point of the sermon on the mount.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Both. If I never sin again in my life I still need the righteousness of Christ to cover me because of all my past sins..

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jesus paid the price of sin, Done!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
the stone law people call it will never change the new covenant will put it in yout hearts and flesh it is written;

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

I'm confused. What is your opinion of when Paul says we should cast the slave woman out? Mind you, I'm also creating questions to help deeper understand your logic, not to frustrate you. I do this frequently.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Jesus paid the price of sin, Done!
Have you ever tried to get a Calvinist to explain how God can forget a thing? It's like asking a computer what the square root of 2 is. :tearsofjoy:

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Galatians seems to talk about that. Why did Jesus "Magnify" the Law?
So we understand that the law is not a simple set of instruction to be followed blindly like the pharisees did but must be followed from the heart, with love. First to GOD then to one another as Jesus said. In essence this is the new covenant to those who believe and do GOD's will, God said when Jesus was baptized this is my beloved son ;
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

and;
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus is Lord and we, those who truly love him will do what is asks.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever tried to get a Calvinist to explain how God can forget a thing? It's like asking a computer what the square root of 2 is. :tearsofjoy:
I follow purely scripture mostly Jesus teachings, He Is One with God, I do not study other denominations to me is is nor necessary, I let the Holy spirit guide me not my own intellect.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So we understand that the law is not a simple set of instruction to be followed blindly like the pharisees did but must be followed from the heart, with love. First to GOD then to one another as Jesus said. In essence this is the new covenant to those who believe and do GOD's will, God said when Jesus was baptized this is my beloved son ;
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

and;
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus is Lord and we, those who truly love him will do what is asks.
I mean this kindly... but I have a question that I ask to try to figure things out. May I ask it of you?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I follow purely scripture mostly Jesus teachings, He Is One with God, I do not study other denominations to me is is nor necessary, I let the Holy spirit guide me not my own intellect.
That one was just a joke. The Determinist believes that it is impossible for God to "not know" a thing. I Love Reformed theologians... it was more of a simple joke.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused. What is your opinion of when Paul says we should cast the slave woman out? Mind you, I'm also creating questions to help deeper understand your logic, not to frustrate you. I do this frequently.
do you mean the possessed girl in acts16?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Would you say obedience is a Requirement of Salvation, or the result of saving faith?
What do you mean by saving faith?, to me Jesus was clear about blind faith, meaning believing and doing nothing about it, there is parable about it;
Luk 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Luk 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
Luk 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
Luk 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

So to answer your question, both and more ( works). When you receive the Holy spirit as a gift from GOD because you believe, the Holy Spirit changes you and produces fruits according to the gifts and abilities received, from there you do the good works that the lords permits you do do according to his will. we all have opportunities do do good around us to show the Light imparted to us from GOD, we must not hide it but show it. This is who I am and trying to do, Follow Jesus teachings and apply them.

In any case salvation is given by GOD according to his good will, it is not given simply because we believe.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you mean by saving faith?, to me Jesus was clear about blind faith, meaning believing and doing nothing about it, there is parable about it;
Luk 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Luk 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
Luk 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
Luk 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

So to answer your question, both and more ( works). When you receive the Holy spirit as a gift from GOD because you believe, the Holy Spirit changes you and produces fruits according to the gifts and abilities received, from there you do the good works that the lords permits you do do according to his will. we all have opportunities do do good around us to show the Light imparted to us from GOD, we must not hide it but show it. This is who I am and trying to do, Follow Jesus teachings and apply them.

In any case salvation is given by GOD according to his good will, it is not given simply because we believe.

Blessings.
How much does a "gift" cost the receiver, before it is no longer a "gift"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually... Galatians 4:30
it simply means the difference between slavery and freedom in reference to the law.

The law as followed like the pharisees, like a simple instruction book not requiring comprehension versus the law ( commandments) followed because we Love the Lord and want to obey him, please him. When it is well understood, we see the law as a blessing and it frees us from sin. It becomes a way of living it is simple yet difficult to do in this world. It requires patience study and prayer.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
it simply means the difference between slavery and freedom in reference to the law.

The law as followed like the pharisees, like a simple instruction book not requiring comprehension versus the law ( commandments) followed because we Love the Lord and want to obey him, please him. When it is well understood, we see the law as a blessing and it frees us from sin. It becomes a way of living it is simple yet difficult to do in this world. It requires patience study and prayer.

Blessings
I will no longer speak on this matter with you, out of respect for your beliefs, until we meet on another thread.

All blessings in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ to you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will no longer speak on this matter with you, out of respect for your beliefs, until we meet on another thread.
No problem so you know all I have written is according to scripture not from a personal interpretation.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Blessings
Amen! Thats what people don't seem to understand about the law of Liberty i.e. the Ten Commandments James 2:10-12 it frees us from the bondage of sin that Jesus has done everything possible except live our lives for us so we can be free. He lived as our example to follow 1 John 2:6 and kept every commandment including the Sabbath Luke 4:16, He was tempted in every way just as we are Heb 4:15 but overcame. 1 Peter 2:21-22 So can we through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit John 14:15-18 Phil 4:13 Rev 14:12

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen! Thats what people don't seem to understand about the law of Liberty i.e. the Ten Commandments James 2:10-12 it frees us from the bondage of sin that Jesus has done everything possible except live our lives for us so we can be free. He lived it for us through His example and kept every commandment including the Sabbath Luke 4:16, He was tempted in every way just as we are Heb 4:15 but overcame. So can we through Jesus Christ Phil 4:13 Rev 14:12
1 Corinthians 15:56-57?
Now the sting (Genesis 3:1) of death is sin,
(Hebrews 2:14: So that by His Death He might break the power of him who holds the power of deaththat is, the devil)
and the power of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory​
through our Lord Jesus Christ!​
Greek Lexicon for the word Law in 1 Cor 15:56
is the law;νόμος
(nomos)
3551: that which is assigned, hence usage, lawfrom nemó (to parcel out)

Strong's elaboration on the translated word NOMOS 3551
3551. nomos
Strong's Concordance
nomos: that which is assigned, hence usage, law​
Original Word: νόμος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: nomos
Phonetic Spelling: (nom'-os)
Definition: that which is assigned, usage, law
Usage: usage, custom, law; in NT: of law in general, plur: of divine laws; of a force or influence impelling to action; of the Mosaic law; meton: of the books which contain the law, the Pentateuch, the Old Testament scriptures in general.

The Usage of NOMOS in the Greek testament per Strong's and Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
Strong's #3551: nomos (pronounced nom'-os)

from a primary nemo (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), genitive case (regulation), specially, (of Moses (including the volume); also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle):--law.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

nomos

1) anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

1a) of any law whatsoever

1a1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

1a1a) by the observance of which is approved of God

1a2) a precept or injunction

1a3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

1b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

1c) the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, especially the precept concerning love

1d) the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

Part of Speech: noun masculine

Relation: from a primary nemo (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals)

Citing in TDNT: 4:1022, 646

Usage:
This word is used 197 times:
< Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Matthew 5:17: "I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not"
Matthew 5:18: "pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Matthew 7:12: "for this is the law and the prophets."
Matthew 11:13: "prophets and the law prophesied until John."
Matthew 12:5: "read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the"
Matthew 22:36: "commandment in the law?"
Matthew 22:40: "hang all the law and the prophets."
Matthew 23:23: "the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and"
Luke 2:22: "purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him"
Luke 2:23: "(As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth"
Luke 2:24: "according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or"
Luke 2:27: "the custom of the law,"
Luke 2:39: "all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee,"
Luke 10:26: "is written in the law? how readest"
Luke 16:16: "The law and the prophets were until John: since"
Luke 16:17: "one tittle of the law to fail."
Luke 24:44: "which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and"
John 1:17: "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and"
John 1:45: "Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write,"
John 7:19: "give you the law, and yet none of you"
John 7:19: "you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?"
John 7:23: "circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry"
John 7:49: "who knoweth not the law are cursed."
John 7:51: "Doth our law judge any man, before it hear"
John 8:5: "Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned:"
John 8:17: "written in your law, that the testimony of two"
John 10:34: "written in your law, I said, Ye are gods"
John 12:34: "have heard out of the law that Christ abideth forever:"
John 15:25: "that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause."
John 18:31: "him according to your law. The Jews therefore said"
John 19:7: "him, We have a law, and by our law"
John 19:7: "and by our law he ought to die, because he made"
Acts 6:13: "place, and the law:"
Acts 7:53: "Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and"
Acts 13:15: "the reading of the law and the prophets the"
Acts 13:39: "be justified by the law of Moses."
Acts 15:5: "to command them to keep the law of Moses."
Acts 15:24: "and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:"
Acts 18:13: "God contrary to the law."
Acts 18:15: "and of your law, look ye to it; for I"
Acts 21:20: "all zealous of the law:"
Acts 21:24: "walkest orderly, and keepest the law."
Acts 21:28: "people, and the law, and this place: and"
Acts 22:3: "and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous"
Acts 22:12: "man according to the law, having a good report of all the"
Acts 23:3: "me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten"
Acts 23:29: "of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge"
Acts 24:6: "have judged according to our law."
Acts 24:14: "which are written in the law and in the prophets:"
Acts 25:8: "Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against"

Upvote 0