Just in time for Easter, "God Bless the USA Bible" now being marketed with a paid endorsement from Donald Trump

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟559,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can offer an opinion

He is a very popular public figure who has more than 75,000,000 people who voted for him - he garners people by the thousands at his rallies - evidence of his popularity. - Name recognition and endorsement are what value he brings.
Do you think the Bible needed a celebrity endorsement?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did you confuse this discussion and add Biden? Donald gave a commercial for Goya beans and other Goya products as President, while sitting in the Oval Office. This has nothing to do with the current and next President Biden. Donald made the Presidency a joke for four years and was recently picked as the worst President in all of American history.

View attachment 344911
Guess I should not buy Goya products (well, luckily there are not many Goya products at Aldi). Why do billionaires (and wannabe billionaires) ruin everything good?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Donald reminds us all who the Easter holiday is all about.

1711987849286.png

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟334,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought America the Beautiful or Star Spangled Banner or such like would be most patriotic songs?
It would be fine if it was in a hymn book songs. But not in a Bible. That's just adding to the Bible. Any Christians know that wrong. And goes against God.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟334,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, you remember what you were instructed to do - boycott those who support Trump - good job.
I was never instructed to boycott Trump. But he proves to be a bad person , when he opens his mouth. Or writes on his forum. He only causes hate and division against people.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
It would be fine if it was in a hymn book songs. But not in a Bible. That's just adding to the Bible. Any Christians know that wrong. And goes against God.

Plus it's just using the Bible as a political ploy.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,889.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Truth Social LINK

View attachment 344673

From the website:

IS THIS BIBLE OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP?​

Yes, this is the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!

IS ANY OF THE MONEY FROM THIS BIBLE GOING TO THE DONALD J. TRUMP CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT?​

No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.

GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.

--

See also:

Donald Trump Jr. Hawking "We The People" Bibles with 100% Bonded Leather covers. Buy 3 for 15% off. Buy 10 for the best value -- a 30% savings!

Nah I’ll stick to my NASB version, not really a huge fan of the KJV.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Nah I’ll stick to my NASB version, not really a huge fan of the KJV.

Too bad that version along with NIV and others leave out 1 John 5:7 as well as many other portions of verses or full verses.

KJV "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

NASB "For there are three that testify:"

"Cyprian around 250 AD quotes 1 John 5:7!
“The Lord says ‘I and the Father are one’ and likewise it is written of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, ‘And these three are one’” (De Unitate Ecclesiae, [On The Unity of the Church], The Ante-Nicene Fathers: Translations of the Writings of the Church Fathers Down to A.D.325)
Tertullian around 200 AD also makes reference to the verse. Nowhere else in scripture does it say "and these three are one" except 1 John 5:7, though it's certainly inferred in John 1, Isaiah
Priscillian (380 A.D.), who was beheaded in 385 by Emperor Maximus on the charge of heresy, quoted 1 John 5:7. “As John says ‘and there are three which give testimony on earth, the water, the flesh the blood, and these three are in one, and there are three which give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Spirit, and these three are one in Christ Jesus’” (Liber Apologeticus)."

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Too bad that version along with NIV and others leave out 1 John 5:7 as well as many other portions of verses or full verses.

KJV "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

NASB "For there are three that testify:"

"Cyprian around 250 AD quotes 1 John 5:7!
“The Lord says ‘I and the Father are one’ and likewise it is written of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, ‘And these three are one’” (De Unitate Ecclesiae, [On The Unity of the Church], The Ante-Nicene Fathers: Translations of the Writings of the Church Fathers Down to A.D.325)
Tertullian around 200 AD also makes reference to the verse. Nowhere else in scripture does it say "and these three are one" except 1 John 5:7, though it's certainly inferred in John 1, Isaiah
Priscillian (380 A.D.), who was beheaded in 385 by Emperor Maximus on the charge of heresy, quoted 1 John 5:7. “As John says ‘and there are three which give testimony on earth, the water, the flesh the blood, and these three are in one, and there are three which give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Spirit, and these three are one in Christ Jesus’” (Liber Apologeticus)."
From what I can find that portion doesn’t exist in the older texts which suggests it was added later. The KJV has too many commentaries and interpretations added into it for my taste. I prefer a version that is more accurate to the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts. The removal of the word tyrant, the redefining of the term Morning Star, the addition of the brother of Goliath, are just a few examples.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟870,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, I'd be onboard with the whole despise the Trump endorsement of a Bible except people endorse Bibles all the time. You can get your genuine anything you want Bible.

just a regular Bible is not a popular thing I've found since I have been saved. They make them very gimmicky much of the time.

me personally? I prefer a good regular ESV Bible myself - endorsement free.. but I don't think we are allowed to judge the Bible endorsers for their gimmicky Bibles...

That's just what I'm thinking as a Christian in general.

But if we are going to go all in on speaking out against Bible endorsements and gimmicky Bibles then we should clean house across the board and criticize them all and not just one...

I've kept my mouth shut since I'm a new Christian coming from Islam. I didn't want to seem... Well, like a puritan overly much. But I can throw down with puritanism... For real that.

You can get onboard now with the whole despising Trump because he's co-opting the Bible for political purposes thing since you already recognize that the Bible being co-opted by capitalists for the purposes of greed is not a bit better.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, I'd be onboard with the whole despise the Trump endorsement of a Bible except people endorse Bibles all the time.
I am wondering what it even means to endorse the Bible. The translation? They are pretty much standard these days. Some theme? In this case political? I think it is ironic that we have a guy endorsing it who is the antithesis of every principle and value in it.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟159,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering what it even means to endorse the Bible. The translation? They are pretty much standard these days. Some theme? In this case political? I think it is ironic that we have a guy endorsing it who is the antithesis of every principle and value in it.
i agree ,it’s very ironic.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i agree ,it’s very ironic.
When it was between him and Clinton I remember saying “great our choice is between satan or the antichrist”. But I must admit he did better than I expected.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
From what I can find that portion doesn’t exist in the older texts which suggests it was added later. The KJV has too many commentaries and interpretations added into it for my taste. I prefer a version that is more accurate to the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts. The removal of the word tyrant, the redefining of the term Morning Star, the addition of the brother of Goliath, are just a few examples.

Those so called older texts are the corrupt and incomplete vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts, which are only older because they were unused. One was found in a trash can to burned at a monastery..

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟702,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Here's one:

Jimmy Carter Signed Lessons From Life Bible Signed First Edition Full Signature

[Item Description:] This is a rare opportunity for collectors of political memorabilia to obtain a unique and authentic piece. The first edition of "Lessons From Life Bible" signed by President Jimmy Carter is up for auction. This piece is perfect for collectors of presidential memorabilia, historians, and enthusiasts of political history. The signature is full and clear, making it a valuable addition to any collection

Asking price is $289.99 (USD) + $5.50 Shipping.

I could go on and on here, but I'll refrain

One signature in a first edition (second edition signed is 98 dollars) and the price can go to 500 or more.

Waters makes a good 12 minute summary here:

As an actual and real life Christian I don't think Bibles should be collectors items or political memorabilia or whatever whatever... But I'll also guarantee you that the majority of people whining about this never manage a whimper when it's their choice figures doing similar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0