Just in time for Easter, "God Bless the USA Bible" now being marketed with a paid endorsement from Donald Trump

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those so called older texts are the corrupt and incomplete vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts, which are only older because they were unused. One was found in a trash can to burned at a monastery..
Well I question the validity of that claim and neither of us can actually prove it. Not to mention that there were more than just two manuscripts used in the compilation of the Critical Text and the NASB used several sources including other Bible versions. What we can prove tho is that the KJV did in fact intentionally change the word tyrant to king, they did change Morning Star to satan, and Goliath to the brother of Goliath.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As an actual and real life Christian I don't think Bibles should be collectors items or political memorabilia or whatever whatever... But I'll also guarantee you that the majority of people whining about this never manage a whimper when it's their choice figures doing similar.
I do see a difference between someone who happens to have been a president and who is well-known for his religious convictions publishing a study bible (that is - a bible with personal commentary, written by him) much later in his life, long after he's stepped out of the public eye, and an active presidential candidate, known for his lack of religious convictions, stamping his name on a bible that someone else has produced. Honestly, Jimmy Carter is probably the only president, past or present, who I would have no issue with putting their name on a bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Subtitle: Personal Reflections with Jimmy Carter

This is not [only] a bible. Carter has written a lot of material for it (which is why his name is on it as an author/editor (not an 'endorser')).

Personal Reflections with Jimmy Carter

The NIV Lessons from Life Bible takes Mr. Carter's years of teaching Sunday school lessons at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, GA, and meshes them with the bestselling New International Version Bible. Through "In Focus" articles, "Bible in Life" notes, in-depth studies and insightful observations and reflections, President Carter's teachings in this Bible provide fresh insights for you to study and contemplate.

This is the sort of thing I meant, when I wrote:
Such as?

I see some study bibles, where obviously a particular person has added commentary, but just a bible with someone's name on it?

I could go on and on here

You have to start before you can go on.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One Evangelical Pastor has had enough....
Didn't I read a story somewhere about another guy who got bent out of shape by people mixing religion and mammon? Turned over some tables as I recall.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I hate it when they call Sleepy Don “President Trump.” He’s Ex-President Trump.
It has always seemed weird that politicians and military officers seem to retain the 'rank' they retire at for the rest of their lives.

Donald's intransigence may be rewriting the stylebooks, as "former President Trump" is now very common.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,202,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It has always seemed weird that politicians and military officers seem to retain the 'rank' they retire at for the rest of their lives.

Donald's intransigence may be rewriting the stylebooks, as "former President Trump" is now very common.
Officers at least punctuate their titles with retired.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟334,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As an actual and real life Christian I don't think Bibles should be collectors items or political memorabilia or whatever whatever... But I'll also guarantee you that the majority of people whining about this never manage a whimper when it's their choice figures doing similar.
I don't watch a News channel, that was sued, for lying for months, on purpose. I seen them lie years ago. So, I knew not to watch them. I have a problem with the adding things to the Bible. I do think Trump uses the Bible to get the votes. But that's his supporters and his problem. People telling the truth isn't whimpering.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,440,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! It’s about time a pastor said that!

His sermon is nothing remarkable for a Christian. These are themes I heard countless times growing up in the church: Christians only need Jesus. Deny "the flesh". Deny the world. Deny the devil. Pray. Read the Bible. Set anger aside....

And yet in today's "evangelical" America, his message went viral. Why is that?

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟159,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His sermon is nothing remarkable for a Christian. These are themes I heard countless times growing up in the church: Christians only need Jesus. Deny "the flesh". Deny the world. Deny the devil. Pray. Read the Bible. Set anger aside....

And yet in today's "evangelical" America, his message went viral. Why is that?
Because an immoral criminal is running for the President of the United States and using the Word of God for votes and monetary gain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The $60 Bible ... packages Scripture with the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the handwritten chorus to Greenwood’s song.
It didn't occur to me at the time, but it does appear that the Bible includes the Bill of Rights, but only the Bill of Rights. No 13th, 14th or 19th Amendments for you, buckaroos.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟436,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It didn't occur to me at the time, but it does appear that the Bible includes the Bill of Rights, but only the Bill of Rights. No 13th, 14th or 19th Amendments for you, buckaroos.
??? Those other amendments are the constitution, as much as any original article.

This is a little bit creepy. Well, it already was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums