Just in time for Easter, "God Bless the USA Bible" now being marketed with a paid endorsement from Donald Trump

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't eat Mexican food much?
As a matter of fact I do - Supermercados Morelos opened up about two years ago near me. Phenomenal fresh baked and prepared goods.

Now it makes more sense - the Democratic propagandist are calling for a boycott on minority owned companies for supporting the President. That could be part of the reason why the party has lost so many Hispanic voters.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟197,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Screenshot_20240329-122436_Facebook.jpg

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had to look it up - dude - that was four years ago - how does someone remember such trivia without it controlling behaviour?
Goya is a big brand, especially if you buy your beans and spices from a chain grocery store. I really liked the actress who used to do their commercials, back when network tv and its commercials were a thing. "Goya - it's oh boy ya".

I only vaguely remember the Trump brouhaha with Goya.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Goya is a big brand, especially if you buy your beans and spices from a chain grocery store. I really liked the actress who used to do their commercials, back when network tv and its commercials were a thing.
Interesting
I only vaguely remember the Trump brouhaha with Goya.
Good sign that you have not drank the cool aide.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Now it makes more sense - the Democratic propagandist are calling for a boycott on minority owned companies for supporting the President.
It's not so much that he supports Trump, but that he said the 2020 election was illegitimate and that Trump was the "actual president". His own board told him to shut up.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not so much that he supports Trump, but that he said the 2020 election was illegitimate and that Trump was the "actual president". His own board told him to shut up.
Freedom of speech is so very inconvenient -

oh, look - three years after Trump was voted into office!

Anyone trying to silence her - because she is still yapping away about how the election was stolen.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Anyone trying to silence her - because she is still yapping away about how the election was stolen.
Nobody's trying to silence anybody. I haven't bought cans of beans from either of them.

• Winner
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And obviously, this is being produced by some faceless company that's going to have them printed on demand, rather than coming from an established Christian publisher like Zondervan.

Getting back to the topic. The printer is not only faceless, but nameless.

What to know about the book and its long journey

Perhaps the biggest mystery is the new publisher. That manufacturer is producing a limited quantity of copies, leading to a delayed four-to-six weeks for a copy to ship.

It’s also unclear which business partners are still involved in the project. Hugh Kirkman, who led Elite Service Pro, the firm that originally partnered with Greenwood for the project, responded to a request for comment by referring media inquiries to Greenwood’s publicist.

The publicist said Elite Source Pro is not a partner on the project and the Bible has always been printed in the King James Version.

"Several years ago, the Bible was going to be printed with the NIV translation, but something happened with the then licensor and the then potential publisher. As a result, this God Bless The USA Bible has always been printed with the King James Version translation," publicist Jeremy Westby said in a statement.

Westby did not have the name of the new licensee who is manufacturing the Bible.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

oh, look - three years after Trump was voted into office!

Why does this look so much like a remembrance of such trivia without calling it controlling behavior? You reference Hillary frequently. Why is that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Getting back to the topic. The printer is not only faceless, but nameless.

What to know about the book and its long journey

Perhaps the biggest mystery is the new publisher. That manufacturer is producing a limited quantity of copies, leading to a delayed four-to-six weeks for a copy to ship.

It’s also unclear which business partners are still involved in the project. Hugh Kirkman, who led Elite Service Pro, the firm that originally partnered with Greenwood for the project, responded to a request for comment by referring media inquiries to Greenwood’s publicist.

The publicist said Elite Source Pro is not a partner on the project and the Bible has always been printed in the King James Version.

"Several years ago, the Bible was going to be printed with the NIV translation, but something happened with the then licensor and the then potential publisher. As a result, this God Bless The USA Bible has always been printed with the King James Version translation," publicist Jeremy Westby said in a statement.

Westby did not have the name of the new licensee who is manufacturing the Bible.
Is this surprising? Donald saw something which was already controversial and probably said that when he attaches his name to the product it will be the best selling of all time! LOL! They are taking a book for the worldwide Christians and wrapping an American flag around it. Typical American capitalism....I know, but it is a bad look. It is merging America with the Bible, and is being promoted by a man who wants to be a dictator on day 1 of his Presidency. I hope most Christians in America see through this blatant assault on Christianity.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dude just officially created a new denomination of Christianity. Florida Southern MAGA-Baptist.

There's no way Christians don't find this blasphemous, right? Or at the very least in really, really bad taste. I know what will happen though... they will come in with different versions of Bibles that have been published over the years under different themes and names and what not and will argue "iT"s ThE sAmE tHiNg!!!1" And then we'll all point out how those are bad too.

Truth Social LINK

View attachment 344673

From the website:

IS THIS BIBLE OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP?​

Yes, this is the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!

IS ANY OF THE MONEY FROM THIS BIBLE GOING TO THE DONALD J. TRUMP CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT?​

No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.

GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.

--

See also:

Donald Trump Jr. Hawking "We The People" Bibles with 100% Bonded Leather covers. Buy 3 for 15% off. Buy 10 for the best value -- a 30% savings!

This Bible version is wrong on 8 different levels bro. I can not even write normal paragraphs about how atrocious this Trump Bible is, so I made a numbered list.

From my Christian perspective, adding the Pledge of Allegiance and the United States Constitution to the Bible is deeply concerning. Here is why:

1. The Bible is Sacred Text: The Bible, as a sacred text for Christians, holds a special place in their faith and spiritual lives. Adding secular documents like the Pledge of Allegiance and the United States Constitution to the Bible could diminish its sacredness and potentially trivialize the importance of God's Word.
  2. Separation of Church and State: Christians believe in the principle of separation of church and state, which is a cornerstone of the American democratic system. Adding government documents to the Bible could blur this line and potentially create confusion or conflict between the two spheres.
  3. Focus on Spiritual Matters: The primary focus of the Bible is spiritual growth, salvation, and the teachings of Jesus Christ. Adding secular documents would divert attention from these essential themes and potentially distract from the central message of Christianity.
  4. Potential for Misinterpretation: The Bible is a complex and nuanced text that requires careful study and interpretation. Adding non-biblical documents could create opportunities for misunderstanding or misinterpretation, particularly when it comes to the historical and political contexts of these documents.
  5. Unintended Consequences: There could be unintended consequences to adding the Pledge of Allegiance and the United States Constitution to the Bible, such as creating unnecessary controversy or division within Christian communities.
  6. Focus on Sharing the Gospel: Christians are called to share the message of Jesus Christ with others, and adding secular documents to the Bible could detract from this essential mission. Instead, they should focus on spreading the Word of God and living out their faith in their daily lives.
  7. Preserving the Integrity of the Bible: The Bible is a sacred text that has been preserved and translated over centuries. Adding non-biblical documents could potentially compromise its integrity, and it's essential to maintain the Bible in its original form for future generations.
  8. The Role of Prayer and Worship: Christians should prioritize prayer, worship, and studying the Bible as essential practices in their faith journey. Adding secular documents like the Pledge of Allegiance and the United States Constitution to the Bible could detract from these essential spiritual practices.
Here is a NYT article about some of the points that I have made (you can get it for free with an add-on to your browser): Trump’s Newest Venture? A $60 Bible.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Pssst.... Former President Trump endorsed the Bible just a few weeks ago - Joe is sitting behind the desk.
How did you confuse this discussion and add Biden? Donald gave a commercial for Goya beans and other Goya products as President, while sitting in the Oval Office. This has nothing to do with the current and next President Biden. Donald made the Presidency a joke for four years and was recently picked as the worst President in all of American history.

Goya.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The Christian reaction to Trump’s Bible endorsement goes deeper than you think

‘Sacrilege,’ theology, and the shadow of Christian nationalism

Responses to Trump’s social media announcement called the endorsement “sacrilege,” “heresy” and “borderline offensive” and cite lessons directly from the Bible that suggest taking advantage of people’s faith for money should be condemned.

However, the criticism doesn’t end with whether or not Trump’s endorsement is un-Christian or not. In fact, it’s just the beginning.

Historian and author Jemar Tisby says the whole project echoes the values of Christian nationalism — the idea that America was founded as a Christian nation and the government should work to sanction Christianity on a national scale.

“What has caused outrage with this Bible is that it includes the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution, and even the lyrics to a Lee Greenwood song. So it’s adding to the Bible

“What’s so pernicious about this is it plays on people’s devotion to God and their love of country, either of which by themselves could be innocuous or even good,” he said.

“But in this effort, it is blending the two. And with Trump as the spokesperson, is conveying a very clear message about what kind of Christianity and what kind of love of nation (he is) promoting.”

When Guthrie Graves-Fitzsimmons, communications director for the BJC Center for Faith, Justice and Reconciliation, saw Trump’s Bible endorsement, he said he saw a politician using fears rooted in racism and prejudice to promote a specific Christian ideology.

“When I hear ‘Make America Pray Again,’ I hear Christian nationalist promises that we are going to somehow ‘restore’ Christianity in this country. And if authoritarianism does come to the United States, it’s all but guaranteed it will be done in the name of Christianity, which is a very scary thought.”

Honestly, I'd be onboard with the whole despise the Trump endorsement of a Bible except people endorse Bibles all the time. You can get your genuine anything you want Bible.

just a regular Bible is not a popular thing I've found since I have been saved. They make them very gimmicky much of the time.

me personally? I prefer a good regular ESV Bible myself - endorsement free.. but I don't think we are allowed to judge the Bible endorsers for their gimmicky Bibles...

That's just what I'm thinking as a Christian in general.

But if we are going to go all in on speaking out against Bible endorsements and gimmicky Bibles then we should clean house across the board and criticize them all and not just one...

I've kept my mouth shut since I'm a new Christian coming from Islam. I didn't want to seem... Well, like a puritan overly much. But I can throw down with puritanism... For real that.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟175,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is this surprising? Donald saw something which was already controversial and probably said that when he attaches his name to the product it will be the best selling of all time! LOL! They are taking a book for the worldwide Christians and wrapping an American flag around it. Typical American capitalism....I know, but it is a bad look. It is merging America with the Bible, and is being promoted by a man who wants to be a dictator on day 1 of his Presidency. I hope most Christians in America see through this blatant assault on Christianity.
Don't worry about the Bible. This will hurt America far more that it can ever hurt the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Honestly, I'd be onboard with the whole despise the Trump endorsement of a Bible except people endorse Bibles all the time. You can get your genuine anything you want Bible.
Really?

I expect that various theological organizations, church bodies and even individual pastors 'endorse' a particular translation as the one they prefer or use.

But are there really 'celebrity endorsements' of bibles, like the sort going on here? I mean, this is not an endorsement of the KJV as a translation, but for this particular product.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
are there really 'celebrity endorsements' of bibles, like the sort going on here? I mean, this is not an endorsement of the KJV as a translation, but for this particular product

I'm thinking of this pastor and that pastor having various this Bible or that Bible, stuff with their name on it. All kinds of stuff with everyone's name.

It always reminds me of 1 Corinthians 1:13 etc.

As mentioned, this isn't an original... It's a print already in existence that got an extra endorsement added in the hopes of peddling more copies.

It seems typical to me of the Bible world today...

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm thinking of this pastor and that pastor having various this Bible or that Bible, stuff with their name on it. All kinds of stuff with everyone's name.
Such as?

I see some study bibles, where obviously a particular person has added commentary, but just a bible with someone's name on it?

Upvote 0