Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Religion is a very important piece of all cultures and therefore should not be ignored in education.
I understand but you open up a big can of worms trying to educate and not indoctrinate.
I may not like what you teach about Christianity or feel you’re being too partial to the Muslims

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,121,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand but you open up a big can of worms trying to educate and not indoctrinate.
I may not like what you teach about Christianity or feel you’re being too partial to the Muslims
I think it's quite doable without any problems. Khan Academy has a class that I thought was very well done and the teacher is Indian and Hindu.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,752.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The law in some parts of the USA actually supported segregation. Until we changed the law to say that private business don't have that 'freedom' to discriminate if they are 'public accommodations'.
Im.not for a law FOR segregation. In the south laws were created to segregate. It was unlawful for blacks to go to white restaurants or whatever. That's not freedom. That's bondedge.

I know we created laws regarding private businesses. But my opinion is that freedom should allow people to do that if they desire. But I also certainly understand the fear of that being allowed.

Im not trying to hijack the conversation so that's all I will say at this point.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Im.not for a law FOR segregation. In the south laws were created to segregate. It was unlawful for blacks to go to white restaurants or whatever. That's not freedom. That's bondedge.
Segregation was not legally mandated in the South. It was (in your parlance) a freedom that private businesses enjoyed and could exercise if they wished.

In response to the success of the sit-in movement, dining facilities across the South were being integrated by the summer of 1960. At the end of July, when many local college students were on summer vacation, the Greensboro Woolworth’s quietly integrated its lunch counter. Four Black Woolworth’s employees—Geneva Tisdale, Susie Morrison, Anetha Jones and Charles Best—were the first to be served.

This is years before the CIvil Rights Act made it illegal to segregate. (And removed that freedom you apparently desire).
I know we created laws regarding private businesses. But my opinion is that freedom should allow people to do that if they desire.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Im.not for a law FOR segregation. In the south laws were created to segregate. It was unlawful for blacks to go to white restaurants or whatever.
Here’s the “whatever”: White people in segregation states decided that the law should be used to remind people of “their place” in polite society and make it a crime to use public accommodations if they tried to “forget their place”.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟462,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess we shouldn't be surprised. His huge and delicate ego is well-known, and his cognitive confusion might have made it seem right to him.
Nonresponsive. No one is on record verifying this.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess we shouldn't be surprised. His huge and delicate ego is well-known, and his cognitive confusion might have made it seem right to him.
Nonresponsive. No one is on record verifying this.
Examples are easy to document:

Laughter filled the UN General Assembly room on Tuesday after Trump said his administration “has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.”

Dr. Lance Dodes, a supervising analyst emeritus of the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and retired Harvard Medical School professor, was among those recently quoted by Duty To Warn, which describes itself as an association of mental health professionals concerned about Trump.

"Unlike normal aging, which is characterized by forgetting names or words, Trump repeatedly shows something very different: confusion about reality," he wrote in a statement published on Friday, which referenced Trump's confusing Barack Obama with Joe Biden.

This is particularly noticeable toward the end of the day, a phenomenon known as "sundowning."

Donald Trump's speech at the National Rifle Association (NRA) was marked by an unusual and lengthy pause of over 30 seconds, sparking widespread speculation about his well-being.
It was right after these remarks that Trump fell silent, resuming his speech only after a significant pause, leaving many puzzled as to why, reports the Irish Mirror. Music was playing in the background when suddenly he paused and shook his head. He then resumed his address

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.