NW England
✟1,055,518.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well here's another sweeping claim, man has never been or walked on the moon. Amen
:laughing:
Several very well documented claims, you mean - which you choose not to believe.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,260.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing like calling Christians liars.

Well I'm sorry but if Christians believe all this hog wash, I feel for them & will pray for them to come out of their strong delusion. :praying:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I'm sorry but if Christians believe all this hog wash, I feel for them & will pray for them to come out of their strong delusion. :praying:
But you're still publicly calling them a liar.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,055,518.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No - I'm not, I'm saying they are delusional for believing this.
They are delusional for believing THEY walked on the moon?

You've been told this before; some born again Christians were among those who walked on the moon.
Your response? They're liars - in fact I think the term you used was "deluded freemasons."

And you've now chosen to ignore someone who's calling you out on it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I just don't think the creation account is making any claim about it being flat or sphere-like. I'm convinced that the description given is not clear enough for us to know either way. I mean if you're pointing out that the firmament must be a solid dome couldn't that work either way? whatever shape it is, on a flat earth or sphere-like.
-
The creation account is more than just being a flat earth (which The Bible never outright states God created a flat earth).
The account science gives as scientific fact. Nothing from science agrees with The Bible, nothing.

The Bible plainly states God created two great light (sun and moon) i believe this. That the sun and moon are created lights giving off their own light. There is not a single verse giving any indication the moon reflects the suns light.

It is also plainly stated these lights are placed in the raqia (dome, expanse, sky) by God to give light on the earth. No mention of God placing these light out in an outer space thousands to millions to billions of mile/light years away from the earth.

There is absolutely no way to get from The Bible that planets orbit the sun and the sun lights up these planets and moons orbiting the sun.

I can go on and on The Bible creation accounts and creation description are given in The Bible. So you can either believe them or not, if not i guess science is your choice. But these accounts are not compatible, one is a lie and the other is the truth. For me that is an easy to believe in The Bible/s creation account, i like the narrow road or the road less traveled.

Reactions: Apple Sky
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No one demands it of creation. We accept it for the poetic description that it is.
-
Sure you do, you just will not admit it. For you to accept The Bibles creation account it would have to measure up to sciences version. I do not know how many times i have been told on this forum The Bible is not science book. That means for The Bibles creation accounts they would have to interchange with a science books version.

You can accept it as poetic description all you want. May be you can add The Bible to (if you have one) your collection of books of poetry.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,260.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

didactics

Church History
May 1, 2022
New Bern
✟45,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
The creation account is more than just being a flat earth (which The Bible never outright states God created a flat earth).
The account science gives as scientific fact. Nothing from science agrees with The Bible, nothing.

The Bible plainly states God created two great light (sun and moon) i believe this. That the sun and moon are created lights giving off their own light. There is not a single verse giving any indication the moon reflects the suns light.

It is also plainly stated these lights are placed in the raqia (dome, expanse, sky) by God to give light on the earth. No mention of God placing these light out in an outer space thousands to millions to billions of mile/light years away from the earth.

There is absolutely no way to get from The Bible that planets orbit the sun and the sun lights up these planets and moons orbiting the sun.

I can go on and on The Bible creation accounts and creation description are given in The Bible. So you can either believe them or not, if not i guess science is your choice. But these accounts are not compatible, one is a lie and the other is the truth. For me that is an easy to believe in The Bible/s creation account, i like the narrow road or the road less traveled.
My view is that I'm mostly persuaded of the young earth creation (YEC) view but recently I've heard some teaching by Dr. Michael Heiser that I've not heard before until recently. I had no idea that some conservative scholars who are not out to disprove the infallibility of scripture nevertheless hold to a view that's described as non concordist. It's the idea that ancient near eastern (ANE) culture used the best language they knew at the time to describe cosmology and the best they could do with the limited knowledge was to describe a flat earth model. Yet he would tell you the point is not to say God did something wrong in allowing this view which is believed to be false into the text. The point he would make in one of his lectures is that it's not making a scientific observation, but the point is to show all the other nations it was their God that created all things not the false gods the other nations worshiped and he did not need help from lesser gods as the other cultures would claim in their creation accounts.

But I don't know, it seems like a bit of a stretch to me. It is interesting to learn about though. But those who hold to a ANE perspective or say that it's poetic tend to also believe in theistic evolution. These same people will tell you that you can believe whatever you want about science and cosmology and still maintain that the creation account is poetic.

But I'll just end with this. There are few that hold to your view of a flat earth model or at least there's not many that share your view on this forum and most of the time it seems the debate is you pitted against everyone else. However, I don't know why more YEC believers side with you against theistic evolutionists. Instead it's the other way around. It's almost like an insult. Most of us wouldn't outright call you stupid and disrespect you like that, yet by our actions we're too afraid to side with you over a more pressing matter- theistic evolution.

But does that go against the topic of this thread? I'm not sure that it does. Because we who say the earth is round and hold to YEC would agree with those flat earthers on at least one point, that we don't believe in macro evolution. But then again, it is off topic. I just find this topic uninteresting when it's a couple people disagreeing with everyone else and we just seem to talk passed each other. I say that we even the playing field and talk about whether or not the Bible leaves room for theistic evolution. But that could be for another thread.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Reminder: the Christians who believe in a flat Earth are an itsy bitsy teeny tiny percentage of Christians. The percentage, in fact, rounds out to zero. You're going to have to pray for more than two billion people.

So get prayin'. Ya got a lot of work to do.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,183,927.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
However, I don't know why more YEC believers side with you against theistic evolutionists.
These guys use the same kind of arguments against evolution as they do against the globe earth. Quotes from the Bible aren't going to convince atheists, so it requires a bit more in depth knowledge of biology to argue against evolution, whereas flat earth is trivial to debunk.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,260.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reminder: the Christians who believe in a flat Earth are an itsy bitsy teeny tiny percentage of Christians. The percentage, in fact, rounds out to zero. You're going to have to pray for more than two billion people.

So get prayin'. Ya got a lot of work to do.

I pray that the billions of people wake up to their delusions :praying:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.