N/A
✟153,191.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Firstly f/e's believe there is a hard dome/firmament over the earth & that there are no planets & they are just stars, but this is not what they tell us, they need their planets and their star trek space to fool the world into believing that aliens do exist & may invade earth.
I know this might sound a bit far fetched but there is a possibility that this may happen.

But don't worry it'll all be fake :):globemeridians::alien:
Actually, no. Its not needed to "fake" planets, stars, galaxies, globe etc for an alien invasion.

Remember reading the Bible? You can have a flat earth concept and still believe in alien invasions, read Genesis 6 - the sons of God. Or read about any angels. Only the definition of the aliens will slightly differ, thats not a reason for such massive change in cosmology.

So again, your reasoning is wrong.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,061,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Careful about what, you think christians are beyond lying.
The statement was;
No one demands it of creation.
And you replied;
Sure you do, you just will not admit it.​
So you are saying that you seem to know what @prodromos is thinking, that he, or she, really does know the "truth", as you see it, but doesn't want to admit to it.

You are not a mind reader, nor a prophet; you don't know what someone else is thinking. Why would they lie to themselves? Why would they not want to "admit" to something that has absolutely nothing to do with salvation or affects our Christian faith?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The statement was;

And you replied;

So you are saying that you seem to know what @prodromos is thinking, that he, or she, really does know the "truth", as you see it, but doesn't want to admit to it.

You are not a mind reader, nor a prophet; you don't know what someone else is thinking. Why would they lie to themselves? Why would they not want to "admit" to something that has absolutely nothing to do with salvation or affects our Christian faith?
-​

No never said i know what he is thinking, but after about 2-3 years of back and forths with this poster. I believe the poster would only believe Genesis's creation account (and other Biblical areas) if they only lined up with what science states.

For that fact that includes anyone who believes science's version, so you can be added to the list also.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The statement was;

And you replied;

-​

What puzzles me is why do you globe earth believers. Just admit you do not believe the creation account as given in The Bible. Instead of saying it is just poetry or teaching spiritual truths and is a parable or metaphorical. I mean do you think you are pulling one over on God by making Genesis 1 into a poem.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,191.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-​

What puzzles me is why do you globe earth believers. Just admit you do not believe the creation account as given in The Bible. Instead of saying it is just poetry or teaching spiritual truths and is a parable or metaphorical. I mean do you think you are pulling one over on God by making Genesis 1 into a poem.
Its not a poetry, its rather a mythological drama (Gen 1) and mythological narrative (Gen 2).

And, as is the nature of mythology, it does not teach literal, technical processes. It teaches relationships, principles.

So its you, who is reading Genesis wrong.

Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,061,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

No never said i know what he is thinking,
Prodromos said;
"we don't regard creation like that" (or words to that effect).
You replied; "sure you do, you just won't admit it.".
In other words, you certainly do regard creation in that way, you are just trying not to admit it.

Someone said they do not regard something in a certain way; you contradicted them.
Sounds like you think you know how they see things better than they do.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,061,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

What puzzles me is why do you globe earth believers. Just admit you do not believe the creation account as given in The Bible.
I am a globe earth believer; I believe Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am a globe earth believer; I believe Genesis 1.
-

So the moon is a created light and does not reflect the light of the sun. Because that is what Genesis 1 is saying God created two great lights (sun and moon) and not a great light and a great light reflector

Upvote 0

didactics

Church History
May 1, 2022
New Bern
✟45,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Its not a poetry, its rather a mythological drama (Gen 1) and mythological narrative (Gen 2).

And, as is the nature of mythology, it does not teach literal, technical processes. It teaches relationships, principles.

So its you, who is reading Genesis wrong.
But that's still a form of poetry right?
-

So the moon is a created light and does not reflect the light of the sun. Because that is what Genesis 1 is saying God created two great lights (sun and moon) and not a great light and a great light reflector
But can't a reflection of light still be considered light? the Bible doesn't need to make it clear that the lesser light is a reflection of the greater light for it to be true right?

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-

The assumption you are making here is that the Hebrew word for 'light' always means that an object is its own origin of light. It does not. In the verse below it is used to figuratively talk about the light of the eyes:

"The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat." Proverbs 15:30 KJV

The word Hebrew word for 'light' is not as definitive as you are trying to make it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.