Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I'm not, this is what you said.
I did not say that God did not create the world. I said that God has no part in YOUR interpretation of the Bible. And YOUR interpretation of the Bible is that God created a flat earth. You have now lied twice about me. I have NEVER in my life said that God did not create the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,489.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not say that God did not create the world. I said that God has no part in YOUR interpretation of the Bible.

My interpretation of the Bible was, 'God created the earth with a dome over it, to which, God set two great lights & all the stars within, that rotate on a daily basis.'Genisis 1
Plus God has said that the earth is unmovable for ever

And you claimed that God has no part in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My interpretation of the Bible was, 'God created the earth with a dome over it, to which, God set two great lights & all the stars within, that rotate on a daily basis.'
Plus God has said that the earth is unmovable for ever.

And you claimed that God has no part in.
God has no part in that! He created the world, but not like that! There is no dome. Immovable is immovable from His decrees, not immovable at all.

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to disappoint you but he did
There you again, making your interpretation God's words. You have absolutely no evidence that that is the reality. And you are claiming to speak for God in persisting with it when all the evidence, including eyewitness accounts from anyone who seriously studies the night sky, points against it. All you do is parrot claims and that's it. You have no substance behind them and no understanding of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,489.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There you again, making your interpretation God's words. That's claiming to speak for God.

I'm not interpreting God's words, it is God's words in Genesis 1 & I certainly do not to speak for God.

King James Bible
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
King James Bible
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
King James Bible
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not interpreting God's words, it is God's words in Genesis 1 & I certainly do not to speak for God.

King James Bible
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
King James Bible
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
King James Bible
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth
Where is the dome? I have said before that the word translated as firmament is not necessarily solid in the original Hebrew. You won't accept that because you are ignorant of Hebrew. That's why you are so gullible. How can the sun and moon be 'in' the 'firmament' when it is supposedly solid? And how do they move at different speeds to themselves and the stars while 'in' the supposedly solid 'firmament'? And how does the moon move in front of the sun during a solar eclipse when they are 'in' the supposedly solid 'firmament'? They have to be at different distances from the earth to do that, never mind moving in something 'solid'.

All of how you interpret those words are just your interpretation. They do not match the evidence of the real world. If the evidence doesn't match your interpretation (and it doesn't by a long long way) then your interpretation is not what God says. You are therefore misrepresenting God all the way, claiming your own words to be His.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,077.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it is God's words in Genesis 1
Oh mine, the error again. Cannot you even see that the Genesis 1 is written in the third person? "God did..." not "I did". So the text cannot be God's words, even just grammatically.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has to be there to believe in God's word.
The real Word of God, not your version of God's word, which is full of wrong interpretation. Do you actually believe the Gospel? Do you even know what the Gospel is? You seem to be one of the most confused of people I have come across regarding Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,060,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh mine, the error again. Cannot you even see that the Genesis 1 is written in the third person? "God did..." not "I did". So the text cannot be God's words, even just grammatically.
Yes, that's quite true.
Genesis does not say, "then I, the Lord, said, 'let there be light'." Or "then I divided the waters .... and I did it in this way."
If God HAD been dictating, he would not have written about himself in the 3rd person.

• Agree
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I didn't write Genesis, I can't help whats written, I am just the reader.
No you can't help what's written, but you can help how you interpret what's written.

You like YouTube videos, watch this one:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

didactics

Church History
May 1, 2022
New Bern
✟45,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Here on this forum, about 98% believe in a globe earth, even though The Bible describes a different creation than what science states. So much for faith in God's word about creation.
Yeah, but those who hold to an Ancient Near East (ANE) perspective don't have to be liberal scholars. Dr. Michael Heiser was a conservative scholar I believe and besides if you hold to a non concordist view of creation, then it's poetry, not meant to be taken literally. I'm not sure the Bible really speaks scientifically on the shape of entire earth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.