Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know of people who thought they were serious devout Christians and they have walked away from God. It's happened to good friends of mine. One couple went into eastern mysticism and began sleeping around. The wife actually offered herself to me on a silver platter in front of him.. The other couple began drinking and the husband has turned into a big nosed alky. I've known both couples since high school.
Would you describe such people as serious, devout Christians?

Then you need to watch them as they do a very good job of explaining how the devil scrambles our brains.
I don't doubt that the devil is good at twisting things. But we have the mind of Christ

Also,

There are mature Christians who do not participate in the wisdom of this age.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you describe such people as serious, devout Christians?

I don't doubt that the devil is good at twisting things. But we have the mind of Christ

Also,

There are mature Christians who do not participate in the wisdom of this age.
There are many people who think they are serious devout Christians who are not. The guy in my last post whose wife offered herself to me I introduced to Jesus. It was only after decades of his wife and he falling into eastern mysticism they began the free sex lifestyle. I also knew his parents. He came out of a Christian family. So did the guy and his wife who became an alky.

Why is it we can't even agree on what is to be written on our hearts? Why that huge difference between us? You are on the side of popular Christianity and Jesus tells us broad is the way that leads to destruction. It's always been that way. Before the flood. The coi in the wilderness, The nations of Israel and Judah were apostatized far more than than they were followers of God. The wisest man who ever lived was overcome by the devil. He had supernatural wisdom but was still no match for the devil. Are you supernaturally wiser than Solomon that you think you cannot be overcome by the devil?

I was overcome by the devil for years and I am still paying the price for it. I did some very bizarre things under his influence which I didn't realize were bizarre at the time. He can wrap us around his little finger.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many people who think they are serious devout Christians who are not.
I'm not asking about people who think they are serious, devout Christians. I'm asking about people that you describe that way :)

The guy in my last post whose wife offered herself to me I introduced to Jesus. It was only after decades of his wife and he falling into eastern mysticism they began the free sex lifestyle. I also knew his parents. He came out of a Christian family. So did the guy and his wife who became an alky.
Why is it we can't even agree on what is to be written on our hearts?
Why that huge difference between us?
Actually, I believe we did agree at some point in the past that the principles of the Ten Commandments are written on our hearts ❤️

You are on the side of popular Christianity and Jesus tells us broad is the way that leads to destruction. It's always been that way. Before the flood. The coi in the wilderness, The nations of Israel and Judah were apostatized far more than than they were followers of God. The wisest man who ever lived was overcome by the devil. He had supernatural wisdom but was still no match for the devil. Are you supernaturally wiser than Solomon that you think you cannot be overcome by the devil?
Ad hominem, personal attacks... There's no need for those things in a respectful, edifying discussion :)

I was overcome by the devil for years and I am still paying the price for it. I did some very bizarre things under his influence which I didn't realize were bizarre at the time. He can wrap us around his little finger.
Assuming that the devil can deceive us about what is on our mind, how does anyone become a serious, devout (or mature) Christian?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not asking about people who think they are serious, devout Christians. I'm asking about people that you describe that way :)

Actually, I believe we did agree at some point in the past that the principles of the Ten Commandments are written on our hearts ❤️

Ad hominem, personal attacks... There's no need for those things in a respectful, edifying discussion :)

Assuming that the devil can deceive us about what is on our mind, how does anyone become a serious, devout (or mature) Christian?
How am I personally attacking you? Solomon was supernaturally wise and was overcome by the devil. You have refused to even look at the evidence I've given you so it's apparent to me that you think you are wiser than Solomon.

By learning what you are avoiding even looking at.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How am I personally attacking you?
Here -
You are on the side of popular Christianity and Jesus tells us broad is the way that leads to destruction.
You say that I personally am on the path to destruction..

Solomon was supernaturally wise and was overcome by the devil.
Solomon wasn't born again.

You have refused to even look at the evidence I've given you so it's apparent to me that you think you are wiser than Solomon.
I have looked at the evidence you presented. It doesn't appear to me to refute the idea that we know what is in our minds and written on our hearts.

By learning what you are avoiding even looking at.
Are some words missing? That appears to be a sentence fragment.

Peace be with you :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here -

You say that I personally am on the path to destruction..

Solomon wasn't born again.

I have looked at the evidence you presented. It doesn't appear to me to refute the idea that we know what is in our minds and written on our hearts.

Are some words missing? That appears to be a sentence fragment.

Peace be with you :heart:
As a sincere devout Christian I do everything I can to escape the clutches of the devil including educating myself as to his deceptions and methods of implanting his ideas into my brain.

John 3: 1 THERE was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Jesus castigated Nicodemus for not knowing he needed to be born again. So howdo you know Solomon wasn't?

Here is his father's prayer for forgiveness for his affair with Bathsheba. It appears to me David understood the concept of being born again very well.

Psalm 51: 1 HAVE mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a sincere devout Christian I do everything I can to escape the clutches of the devil including educating myself as to his deceptions and methods of implanting his ideas into my brain.

John 3: 1 THERE was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Jesus castigated Nicodemus for not knowing he needed to be born again. So howdo you know Solomon wasn't?

Here is his father's prayer for forgiveness for his affair with Bathsheba. It appears to me David understood the concept of being born again very well.

Psalm 51: 1 HAVE mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
We are born again by water and the Spirit.

At the time of Solomon and Nicodemus, the Spirit was not yet given.

We are born again through the resurrection.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are born again by water and the Spirit.

At the time of Solomon and Nicodemus, the Spirit was not yet given.

We are born again through the resurrection.
The OT disagrees with you. Psalm 51. Is Jesus unjust and a liar? The only way that is possible is if He judged Nicodemus unjustly.

Do you think the book of Psalms is not inspired?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OT disagrees with you. Psalm 51.
I think 51 is speaking of the Spirit in a different way.

Something changes when Jesus goes to the Father

Is Jesus unjust and a liar?
No.

The only way that is possible is if He judged Nicodemus unjustly.
I don't think he's judging Nicodemus, there. I think he's challenging him to a bigger view of God

Do you think the book of Psalms is not inspired?
I think the book of Psalms is inspired.

Peace be with you, my brother :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think 51 is speaking of the Spirit in a different way.

Something changes when Jesus goes to the Father

No.

I don't think he's judging Nicodemus, there. I think he's challenging him to a bigger view of God

I think the book of Psalms is inspired.

Peace be with you, my brother :heart:
Yeah, Pentacost was the early rain but the HS was working before that or there would have never been anyone following God for conversion comes only through the work of the HS. It was a special out pouring of the HS.. There will also be a latter rain at the close of time.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, Pentacost was the early rain but the HS was working before that or there would have never been anyone following God for conversion comes only through the work of the HS. It was a special out pouring of the HS.. There will also be a latter rain at the close of time.
Absolutely the Holy Spirit was working before that!

We were talking about being born again by water and the Spirit, being in the New Covenant, and what is in the minds and written on the hearts of sincere, devout Christians in the New Covenant.

Do you believe the devil is able to deceive serious, devout Christians who have been born again by water and the Spirit and are in the New Covenant about what is in their minds and written on their hearts?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Absolutely the Holy Spirit was working before that!

We were talking about being born again by water and the Spirit, being in the New Covenant, and what is in the minds and written on the hearts of sincere, devout Christians in the New Covenant.

Do you believe the devil is able to deceive serious, devout Christians who have been born again by water and the Spirit and are in the New Covenant about what is in their minds and written on their hearts?
Here is a video by a former hip hop star who was awarded a large contract by EMI. He was doing "Christian" hip hop. He speaks to the influence of music on us and how the devil uses it. He is now a pastor.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a video by a former hip hop star who was awarded a large contract by EMI. He was doing "Christian" hip hop. He speaks to the influence of music on us and how the devil uses it. He is now a pastor.

If that's a Yes that
you do
believe that
the devil is able to deceive serious, devout Christians
who have been born again by water and the Spirit
and are in the New Covenant
about what is in their minds and written on their hearts,
then that's where we disagree :)

Peace be with you, my brother and my friend :heart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If that's a Yes that
you do
believe that
the devil is able to deceive serious, devout Christians
who have been born again by water and the Spirit
and are in the New Covenant
about what is in their minds and written on their hearts,
then that's where we disagree :)

Peace be with you, my brother and my friend :heart:
Did you watch the video?

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I watched parts of it. It's 2 hours long :)

Does the gentleman say that Satan's power to deceive is greater than God's power to place and to write?
No. He says the devil's power to deceive when we aren't aware of His devices is tremendous. The history of our world confirms this. Adam and Even were created sinless. in God's spiritual image, and he deceived them when they had no sinful flesh to deal with. Not only that he deceived 1/3 of the angels who lived in the very presence of God into believing that God was wrong and responsible for sin.

Anyone who thinks they are capable of recognizing every deception of the devil with our sinful flesh is being deceived by the devil. His favorite deception for the world is that he doesn't exist and his next favorite is to convince Christians that we are capable of detecting his every deception and that obedience to God is unnecessary.

The music Ivor played bypasses the left brain and is stored in the right brain along with the messages in the lyrics. It's like watching tv or movies in that it hypnotizes us which means someone else is in control of our decisions without us knowing it.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. He says the devil's power to deceive when we aren't aware of His devices is tremendous. The history of our world confirms this. Adam and Even were created sinless. in God's spiritual image, and he deceived them when they had no sinful flesh to deal with. Not only that he deceived 1/3 of the angels who lived in the very presence of God into believing that God was wrong and responsible for sin.

Anyone who thinks they are capable of recognizing every deception of the devil with our sinful flesh is being deceived by the devil. His favorite deception for the world is that he doesn't exist and his next favorite is to convince Christians that we are capable of detecting his every deception and that obedience to God is unnecessary.

The music Ivor played bypasses the left brain and is stored in the right brain along with the messages in the lyrics. It's like watching tv or movies in that it hypnotizes us which means someone else is in control of our decisions without us knowing it.
I don't think we can detect every deception of the devil.

Does the music erase what is put in our minds and written on our hearts?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't think we can detect every deception of the devil.

Does the music erase what is put in our minds and written on our hearts?
Yes. The wrong type of music. Don't you know anything about the effects of hypnotism?

Upvote 0