Taranaki
✟83,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You showed verses about leaving sin, but none of those verses said leaving sin is how a person receives God's free gift of Eternal Life.
In the tract, it talks about the free gift and it mentions that we should trust and repent to receive this. I do not see any need to change that.
It seems you believe that it needs to be worded in a specific way otherwise the person will not be saved. The way I see it is that if someone puts their trust in Jesus, then they believe in Him. How can you trust something you do not believe in?

"What is true belief?" Many believe and are not saved. A person can even think that they truly believe but when tested, they fail the test. So, they did not truly believe. For example, if you are going skydiving for the first time, on the ground you may be confident and say, "I will jump out of the plane. I have a parachute and so I will live." So, you believe you will be OK. But when you finally are at 10000 feet and you look out the door, you may say to yourself, "It's higher than I thought, and I would hate it if my parachute did not open. I am not going to jump."
So, even though you said you believed the parachute would save you, in the end, your true belief came out when you were tested. In the end, you did not trust the parachute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In the tract, it talks about the free gift and it mentions that we should trust and repent to receive this. I do not see any need to change that.
It seems you believe that it needs to be worded in a specific way otherwise the person will not be saved. The way I see it is that if someone puts their trust in Jesus, then they believe in Him. How can you trust something you do not believe in?

"What is true belief?" Many believe and are not saved. A person can even think that they truly believe but when tested, they fail the test. So, they did not truly believe. For example, if you are going skydiving for the first time, on the ground you may be confident and say, "I will jump out of the plane. I have a parachute and so I will live." So, you believe you will be OK. But when you finally are at 10000 feet and you look out the door, you may say to yourself, "It's higher than I thought, and I would hate it if my parachute did not open. I am not going to jump."
So, even though you said you believed the parachute would save you, in the end, your true belief came out when you were tested. In the end, you did not trust the parachute.
-

Oh i just thought God would know what He requires to receive His free gift, since belief is used again and again.

As for the parachute that is just a man created idea, there is no Biblical support for this illustration. True someone could say they believe when they actually do not.
But only God can know who has believed, as Jesus states He knows His sheep.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just thought I would look up the Greek meaning for "Belief"
The KJV translates Strong's G4100 in the following manner: believe, commit unto, commit to (one's) trust , be committed unto , be put in trust with , be commit to one's trust , believer.

Upvote 0