Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right, do you believe in the Trinity? They do, too. Some have rejected the Trinity (or Godhead) because they say the Catholics invented that doctrine (Which is not true). Granted, I am no friend of the Catholic Church. I see the RCC as the woman in Revelation 17:1-6, Revelation 17:9, and Revelation 17:15. I also see that that the RCC had killed two Texpus Receptus Bible translators, and almost annihilated King James and the King James Bible translation with a super bomb. Catholic ideas have been secretly added into Westcott and Hort’s Revised Version and those Catholic ideas had only increased with later Modern Versions. Catholics even banned the reading of the King James Bible in the 1970s in a Catholic dictionary in one of their Catholic Bibles. Granted, this has changed in recent years. There is now a Catholic King James Bible with the Apocrypha inserted into the Old Testament. Granted, many Protestants today have joined hands with the RCC and they pray together. I do not agree with this. While I may be nice and loving with Catholics as much as I can be, I am strongly against the Ecumenical Movement. Believers who follow Christ have to be holy and separate.
I'm just noticing that your soteriological theology is virtually identical to Catholic soteriology.
Side Note:

If you are Catholic, I mean you no disrespect. Nor do my words above mean I do not care and love you in Jesus Christ. I simply believe what I do because that is what God revealed to me according to Scripture.
Nope I'm not Catholic. And I've happily attended a Protestant church for years that teaches you can lose your salvation.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm just noticing that your soteriological theology is virtually identical to Catholic soteriology.
You believe in the Trinity, right? You must be Catholic then. *Sarcasm*
So guilt by association is not always true.

Nope I'm not Catholic.
Right, I know you're not Catholic.

And I've happily attended a Protestant church for years that teaches you can lose your salvation.
Would you ever go back? Were they Free Will Baptists or something like them in the fact that they taught that it is not sin that causes you to lose your salvation but it is only a willful rejection of Jesus that causes a loss of salvation?

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not Catholic or Orthodox. I just believe the Bible Alone + the Anointing spoken about in 1 John 2:27. See my post #57.
I don't believe in Bible Alone because this is not scriptural. The NT Bible as we know it today did not exist when the apostles evangelized. They preached the gospel in person. This is called the oral tradition of the church. Later, the apostles and disciples wrote letters to further explain some truths, to encourage their flocks, to admonish their flocks, and to teach the purpose of the Incarnate Jesus' life and death. This written tradition plus their oral teaching tradition are the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟51,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This wicked documentary saying "OSAS false" (once saved always saved) teaching a lose your salvation, works salvation false gospel, is out there and listen it is wicked. Nobody in that entire video is saved, every single one is a false teacher who will split hell wide open and is a wicked devil going straight to hell busting hell wide open at lightning speed lowest hell and the saints will rejoice when they are thrown into Lake of fire. Jesus said I give them eternal life they shall never perish John 10:28

The people in this video are going straight to hell when they die, the lowest hell, don't follow them there!

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus died buried rose again shed his precious blood on the cross to pay for our sins. we simply Believe on him for the free gift of eternal life, by grace through faith.

Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All liars so if you tell one lie you're damned. James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I've know I've lied before, we have all lied before and we have all done worse than lying let's face it.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Salvation is grace through faith whosoever believeth in Jesus hath eternal life. Jesus paid it all. Amen the good news of the gospel is that Jesus took our sins and died for them.

Will you call on the name of Jesus, ask him to be saved? Say this prayer dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and deserve hell, but I believe in you and ask for the free gift of salvation, your word says whosoever believeth, and well, I believeth in you, that you died buried rose again for my sins, I call on your name Lord Jesus and ask to be saved, will you save me? I am only trusting in you Jesus, thank you for saving me, amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, the bible says you are saved and have eternal life that can never be lost you can trust Jesus Christ for your salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

How to go to heaven simply explained, I hope to see you there!:

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved! amen
You will find many variants on the doctine of "eternal insecurity". One version says salvation is eternal except only in the case that it is voluntarily given up. One version says salvation is eternal, but it is not given until the very end based on your works. One version says salvation is not eternal at all, but can be lost due to the decietfulness of sin. And there are others.

All the variants of the doctrine of eternal insecurity have two things in common. The first thing is that "eternal insecurity" exists because you are in charge of your own fate, so don't mess it up. The second thing is that none of them recognize that the new man created "according to God in true righteousness and holiness" (Eph 4:24) is incapable of sinning/missing the mark/rejecting God because "His seed remains in him" (1 Jn 3:9), he is "joine to the Lord", and he is "one spirit with Him" (1 Cor 6:17).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Catholics believe that water baptism is the first act that saves a person into the Catholic Church. They say this is an act of faith and not a work. Well, this is what I was told by a Catholic on the forums. I have argued that New Testament baptism is a type of the Old Testament's circumicision. So therefore, baptism is a work of faith, and it is not a belief alone type faith. I do not see water baptism as a salvation issue (Although a believer should with all their might and power strive to find the right believer or believers to be water baptized to obey God). I believe we are saved 100% by God's grace through faith without works in our Initial Salvation and it does not involve water baptism (Although we do at times see many believers get water baptized when they first believed in Scripture).

A believer is saved in their Initial Salvation by God's grace through a belief alone in that they believe the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. The gospel message we are to believe to be saved is that Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day (for our salvation). This generally also includes seeking forgiveness with the Lord Jesus Christ over one's past life of sin and dedicating to serve Jesus the rest of their life in service to Him (making Him their Lord and Master) (See: Romans 10:9-13).

After we are saved by God's grace, the secondary aspect of salvation is in our Sanctification. This is living holy by the working of the Holy Spirit (See: 2 Thessalonians 2:13). It says God has chosen you to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit, and a belief of the truth. I am also strongly against all the additional man made traditions of the Catholic Church that they deem as necessary for salvation, as well. So no. Not even close. We are light years apart. Yes, we may believe that works of faith play a part in salvation, but this would be super generalized. We do not agree on what those works of faith are. I just believe the Bible to get my instructions on the work of faith. They go to their church and get those extra biblical instructions. Big difference here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in Bible Alone because this is not scriptural. The NT Bible as we know it today did not exist when the apostles evangelized. They preached the gospel in person. This is called the oral tradition of the church. Later, the apostles and disciples wrote letters to further explain some truths, to encourage their flocks, to admonish their flocks, and to teach the purpose of the Incarnate Jesus' life and death. This written tradition plus their oral teaching tradition are the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.
I love you in Jesus Christ, but I am not interested in debating with you. One, I have had many arguments against Catholicsim in other forums before, and nobody changed, and said, "Thank you." In other words, I have not been led by God down this path to constantly argue against the RCC. Second, usually debates against Catholicism here at CF do not go over too well. At least that has been my experience before. Three, I am very busy, and I am working on a project that requires a lot of my time, as well. I cannot argue with everyone on every topic. My time is limited. I hope you understand. But have made my case for the Bible Alone in this thread here at CF.

You can check that out here (if you ever open to having your belief challenged):

May the goodness of the Lord Jesus shine upon you today.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nope I'm not Catholic. And I've happily attended a Protestant church for years that teaches you can lose your salvation.
Here is what I believe about salvation (Which is light years beyond Catholicism).

While technically there are four aspects of salvation (Provisional Atonement, God’s grace, Sanctification, and Glorification - See here) there are only two aspects of salvation we as believers need to be primarily concerned with in this life.

For the Bible teaches:

full

1st aspect of salvation:

Ephesians 2:8-9​
8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.”​

2nd aspect of salvation:

2 Thessalonians 2:13-14​
13 “…God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:​
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel,…”​

full

full

full

This is not Calvinism by any means. Man has free will to either accept or reject God, but this happens when God illuminates the truth to a person at the right time or times in their life (Under the drawing of Christ and the conviction of the Spirit). For even Lydia’s heart was opened to understand Paul’s message. In other words, a person cannot believe without the working of God in their life to make that happen. But a person will know of the truth at the right time God chooses them to know the truth. It is up to the individual if they accept or reject the truth (See: 2 Thessalonians 2:10).

But there are only two steps we need to be concerned with (According to the Bible).
Grace and Sanctification (Which are by faith).

Side Note:

We are washed of our sins when we are first saved by God’s grace.
But we must be washed a second time.

Leviticus 13:58
”And the garment, either warp, or woof, or whatsoever thing of skin it be, which thou shalt wash, if the plague be departed from them, then it shall be washed the second time, and shall be clean.”

Revelation 7:14
”And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is also called “Initial and Final Salvation.” However, even men like John Piper who claim to believe in “Initial and Final Salvation” do not believe in proper holy living as the Bible teaches because they have a false view of the penalty of sin.

For example: John Piper (A Calvinist) falsely teaches you can sin and still be saved.

Side Note:

I do not agree with Adam (at Abide in the Word YouTube Channel) in regards to his view on denying the the 1st aspect of salvation (Which is being saved by God’s grace without works). I believe the Bible teaches two aspects of salvation.

#1. We are saved initially by God’s grace without works through faith.
#2. We are saved in the Sanctification of the Spirit (over the course of our whole life).

However, Adam does a good job at showing how many Christians today believe in a sin and still be saved type belief (Which is not what the BIble teaches). I will post a video on this in my next post.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus condemned one sin in the fact that a person could be cast bodily into hellfire for looking upon a woman in lust in Matthew 5:28-30. It does not sound like this sin is okay to do as long as one believes in the finished work of the cross. Believers are told to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (See: Proverbs 28:13). Yet, when I talk with Christians today, they have told me that they can sin and still be saved on some level. Some justify many sins (like the Hyper Grace crowd) and others justify sin on a smaller level. Both are wrong for justifying sin.

Hopefully this 4 minute video with Hitler will help you to see the problem with the “Sin and Still Be Saved Type Belief” that is popular in Christianity today.

In other words, at least on some level they they think sin will not cause them to die. Yet, this same lie was pushed in the Garden of Eden by the serpent (the devil) with Eve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You will find many variants on the doctine of "eternal insecurity". One version says salvation is eternal except only in the case that it is voluntarily given up. One version says salvation is eternal, but it is not given until the very end based on your works. One version says salvation is not eternal at all, but can be lost due to the decietfulness of sin. And there are others.

All the variants of the doctrine of eternal insecurity have two things in common. The first thing is that "eternal insecurity" exists because you are in charge of your own fate, so don't mess it up. The second thing is that none of them recognize that the new man created "according to God in true righteousness and holiness" (Eph 4:24) is incapable of sinning/missing the mark/rejecting God because "His seed remains in him" (1 Jn 3:9), he is "joine to the Lord", and he is "one spirit with Him" (1 Cor 6:17).
So you believe we are forced or changed to a point whereby we cannot help but to do good all the time?
If so, then why are we told to do the following things in the Bible?

We are told:

1. “...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).​
2. "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).​
3. "...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts 13:43).
  2. Continue in the faith (Acts 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).
  3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

Hopefully this helps, and may God bless you today.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Catholics believe that water baptism is the first act that saves a person into the Catholic Church. They say this is an act of faith and not a work. Well, this is what I was told by a Catholic on the forums. I have argued that New Testament baptism is a type of the Old Testament's circumicision. So therefore, baptism is a work of faith, and it is not a belief alone type faith. I do not see water baptism as a salvation issue (Although a believer should with all their might and power strive to find the right believer or believers to be water baptized to obey God). I believe we are saved 100% by God's grace through faith without works in our Initial Salvation and it does not involve water baptism (Although we do at times see many believers get water baptized when they first believed).
I think the apostles would whole-heartedly disagree with you. It is the water baptism commanded by Jesus that washes away—forgives—our sins. It is this water baptism that makes us Jesus' disciples. This water baptism sanctifies us and makes us righteous (justified) and God's children by adoption.

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Ephesians 5:26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

Titus 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

1 Peter 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves usbaptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Acts 22:16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the apostles would whole-heartedly disagree with you. It is the water baptism commanded by Jesus that washes away—forgives—our sins. It is this water baptism that makes us Jesus' disciples. This water baptism sanctifies us and makes us righteous (justified) and God's children by adoption.

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 28:19 says nothing about how baptism is for salvation. Anyway, there are two possibilities or interpretations I have on Matthew 28:19.

#1. This is telling the believer to baptize in the name of Jesus (Which is the name that represents the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). This is what we see the apostles later do. They were baptized in the name of Jesus.

#2. This is telling the believer to be immersed (baptized) in the teachings in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
The context of being washed, justified, and sanctified is in the NAME of the Lord Jesus and by the Holy Spirit.
There is no mention of water baptism here in context.

Ephesians 5:26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
I am very familiar with this verse. You are not reading this verse in context.

Ephesians 5:25-27
"....even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

So this passage is saying that Christ gave Himself for the church for the purpose that we are to be sanctified (i.e., to live a holy life) by the washing of the water of the WORD (Scripture or the Bible) so that Christ may present to Himself a church that is holy and without blemish, etcetera. So, we are to follow the Bible in sanctifying our life of sin. It's not talking in the context of water baptism.

Titus 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
Uh, it says the washing and regeneration of the HOLY SPIRIT and not water baptism. You keep seeing water baptism in the Bible where it does not exist.

1 Peter 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves usbaptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Uh, no. Peter is making a point that baptism does not save us in the putting away of the filth of the flesh (Which is a reference to sin). 2 Corinthians 7:1 uses similar wording (i.e., filthiness of the flesh) in reference to sin. So, Peter is saying baptism saves as a part of our answer or response to God that we have a clear and clean conscience before the Lord already. It does not save for the putting away of sin (i.e., the filth of the flesh).

Acts 22:16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’
Ananias tells Saul (Paul) to "Arise." Is that a part of salvation, too? No. Of course not. The latter half of the sentence that says, “wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord“ is the focus of this verse here. Paul says elsewhere that he came not to baptize (1 Corinthians 1:17). If this were the case, then he wouldn't be concerned with people washing away their sins. However, such an interpretation would not make any sense. So we have to conclude that Paul does not believe baptism is not for salvation and there is another way to interpret those few verses (1-3 approx.) that seem like they teach baptism for salvation. Then again, the Catholic Church has chosen to back Modern Bibles that remove the part in Acts 8 where the Ethiopian eunuch says he believes Jesus is the son of God.

But the King James Bible has this reading.

Anyway, you want me to believe that a person cannot be saved if they are in a desert with no water. I think such a notion is ridiculous.

Side Note:

I want to let the reader know that one should be water baptized if they find the right body of believers or another believer that believes the way they do. I do not want believers here to think water baptism is some kind of unimportant thing. I believe it should be a top priority in their life but it is simply not something that will condemn them if they are never given the opportunity to do so in this life (Despite great efforts on your part to make that happen).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Paul says elsewhere that he came not to baptize (1 Corinthians 1:17). If this was the case, then he wouldn't be concerned with people washing away their sins. However, such an interpretation would not make any sense. So we have to conclude that Paul does not believe baptism is not for salvation and there is another way to interpret those few verses (1-3 approx.) that seem like they teach baptism for salvation.
Paul's call was to preach. He did not have the time to baptize. Other disciples with him did the baptizing that was commanded by Jesus.
The purpose of Paul's comment was to stop the one-upmanship of some members of his flock, who thought that a baptism performed by one disciple was better than a baptism performed by another disciple.

Then again, the Catholic Church has chosen to back Modern Bibles that removes the part in Acts 8 where the Ethiopian eunuch says he believes Jesus is the son of God.

What did the Eunuch immediately do after he heard the gospel? Why do you think he asked to be baptized? He asked to be baptized because Philip told him it was necessary for salvation!

Acts 8:36-39 So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” 37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” 38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. 39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing.

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟51,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you believe we are forced or changed to a point whereby we cannot help but to do good all the time?
If so, then why are we told to do the following things in the Bible?

We are told:

1. “...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).​
2. "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).​
3. "...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:
  1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts 13:43).
  2. Continue in the faith (Acts 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).
  3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).
Hopefully this helps, and may God bless you today.
I would just say nothing you said refutes my statement. You think our salvation is dependent on our faithfulness and you do not recognize the union with Christ that prevents the corruption of the spirits that have been joined with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Uh, no. Peter is making a point that baptism does not save us in the putting away of the filth of the flesh (Which is a reference to sin). 2 Corinthians 7:1 uses similar wording (i.e., filthiness of the flesh) in reference to sin. So, Peter is saying baptism saves as a part of our answer or response to God that we have a clear and clean conscience before the Lord already. It does not save for the putting away of sin (i.e., the filth of the flesh).
"Putting away the filth of the flesh" is a reference to taking a normal bath, which removes dirt and sweat. It has nothing to do with sin.
Baptism saves us by washing away (forgiving) our sins. This washing away of our sins through water baptism, as commanded by Jesus, is what gives us a clear conscience.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is also called “Initial and Final Salvation.” However, even men like John Piper who claim to believe in “Initial and Final Salvation” do not believe in proper holy living as the Bible teaches because they have a false view of the penalty of sin.

For example: John Piper (A Calvinist) falsely teaches you can sin and still be saved.

Side Note:

I do not agree with Adam (at Abide in the Word YouTube Channel) in regards to his view on denying the the 1st aspect of salvation (Which is being saved by God’s grace without works). I believe the Bible teaches two aspects of salvation.

#1. We are saved initially by God’s grace without works through faith.
#2. We are saved in the Sanctification of the Spirit (over the course of our whole life).

However, Adam does a good job at showing how many Christians today believe in a sin and still be saved type belief (Which is not what the BIble teaches). I will post a video on this in my next post.
You can sin and still be saved as long as you confess according to what you're saying. It helps a lot if you're truly sorry for the sin you confess and genuinely desire to not ever do it again and pray for deliverance. That's the most important part. Going to God in prayer regarding your sin, asking God to help you overcome. I like that in Luke 18:1-7 Jesus tells us to pester God regarding our spiritual needs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would just say nothing you said refutes my statement. You think our salvation is dependent on our faithfulness and you do not recognize the union with Christ that prevents the corruption of the spirits that have been joined with Him.
Uh, I believe I refuted what you are stating by the verses I posted. 2 Corinthians 7:1 says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Why the fear of God? We are just secure and we cannot lose what we have right? God is just going to force you to do good or in the fact that He mind-wiped a person to be a robotic do-gooding slave. They have no choice but to do good. However, I just do not get that impression when I read the Scriptures. The verses I posted refute that idea.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can sin and still be saved as long as you confess according to what you're saying. It helps a lot if you're truly sorry for the sin you confess and genuinely desire to not ever do it again and pray for deliverance.
Obviously, I am not giving you an exhaustive account of all the details involved. My words here are not like a book or something. I do believe it is required that a person has a godly sorrow. 2 Corinthians 7:1 says godly sorrow leads to repentance. If a person says they are sorry to Jesus and they are not broken up over their sin and they have no real intention of forsaking their sin, they obviously are believing in another Jesus.

For example: I have heard pastors say, "they are a sinner," and they say "we are all sinners," and we just need to believe in Jesus to be saved. They offering a false Christ. The Bible says that God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). The gospel calls us. This call is... God has chosen you to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit (2 Thessalonians 2:13). Romans 8:1 says there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Galatians 6:8-9 says that if you sow to the flesh you shall reap corruption, but if you sow to the Spirit, you shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. So let us not be weary in well doing, for we will reap if we faint not.

As for confessing sin alone: No, I don't believe a Christian can just confess sin their whole lives and not forsake their sin, and or refuse to overcome sin (and still be saved). Yes, they can be saved by God's grace, but true saving grace will lead a person to overcome sin in this life in time by God's power and working. If a believer works iniquity they will have to face Matthew 13:41-42. Matthew 13:41-42 says that the Son of Man (JESUS) will send forth his angels and they will gather out of HIS KINGDOM all who do iniquity and they will be cast cast into the furnace of fire (i.e., the Lake of Fire).

That's the most important part. Going to God in prayer regarding your sin, asking God to help you overcome. I like that in Luke 18:1-7 Jesus tells us to pester God regarding our spiritual needs.
But again this is useless if one has the wrong view about the penalty of sin. If one believes sin cannot separate you from God because of a belief alone on Jesus, then their efforts are for nothing because the Bible warns in many places to believers that sin can destroy our souls unless we repent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Putting away the filth of the flesh" is a reference to taking a normal bath, which removes dirt and sweat.
I've heard this interpretation long ago and it does not make any sense. I use the Bible to interpret the Bible. Hence, why I brought up the similar phrase in 2 Corinthians 7:1.

It has nothing to do with sin.
2 Corinthians 7:1 says otherwise.

Baptism saves us by washing away (forgiving) our sins.
Only because the RCC says so and not because the Bible teaches that idea.

This washing away of our sins through water baptism, as commanded by Jesus, is what gives us a clear conscience.
Nope. If you were careful to read 1 Peter 3:21 again in the KJV, it simply says that we are saved in giving an answer in having a good conscience before God which is made possible by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Romans 6 compares baptism to the likeness of Christ's death, and the resurrection is compared to walking in newness of life (See: Romans 6:4-5 KJV).

Last edited:
Upvote 0