Woolston
✟13,867.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I was a methodist till age 22 ish. But they never told me what they believe and why. Just turned up, sat in the pew, listened to some sermon with only one verse attached to it from the bible. Never satisfied.

Then I was introduced to an independent baptist church.. that was pretty much independent missionary baptist.. with sponsorship from ABA churches in the Southern States. They told me what they believe and why and showed it to me from the bible. I was blown away.. and thought this is where I should be.

Since then I've always been in an indepent baptist church -- that was 2004.

Reactions: Hotschott90
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Baptist and I agree with most of their theology. I thought about joining the Plymouth Brethren, but I don't think any exist here, and Baptists are the closest thing to them.

I was raised Baptist and I agree with most of their theology. I thought about joining the Plymouth Brethren, but I don't think any exist here, and Baptists are the closest thing to them.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't the Plymouth Brethren talk about One Man Ministry being unscriptural?
Before we were married, my fiance was living in Dublin and attending a Baptist church, while I was in Liverpool, also attending a Baptist church. I was visiting him once in Dublin, just after we found a flat/apartment to live in and we were talking about where we would go to church. We decided we would go to the nearest evangelical church to where we would be living. We started walking around the area when we saw a Baptist church we had been very familiar with in our student days. That was the decision made and we attended that church. We soon felt at home with their theology and also the teaching and preaching we received there. I got baptised there and we became members, my husband having been baptised as a teenager. We left about two years later when we moved to Northern Ireland to live. From then on we just looked for a Baptist church to attend.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Is it because you grew up Baptist, like a Baptist church, or agree with their belief statements?
While my wife truly is Baptist, I don't strictly consider myself strict Baptist. She is their most advanced solo artist where we go to church and where perhaps 50% of her church life was previously. But she had gotten away from there for a couple of years to attend her daughters husbands church where she was not being used ( they are into rock band worship music). I suggested we go to her old Baptist church so she could use her gift and the Pastor greeted us with open arms. My education for License To Preach is most closely matched to Baptist theology. The Pastor calls it Baptistesque lol. But he has let me preach a Sunday morning message. And so by leading of the Holy Spirit we find ourselves attending with that community. Where the body of Christ is, that is like family to me, could be Baptist, Non Denom, Calvinist, whatever. If Born Again Believers are there I'll get along and if the Grace message is preached there I'll feel at home. I call myself Pam's ( my wife ) chauffeur, my call is to get her there to sing. They have a bunch of singers but her voice is truly that of a child of God, very special and they know it too. If I preach again there, great. Or play piano, great . But really it's about the message and it's about getting Pam there. And we travel 40 minutes to get there and 40 or more to get back home. You have to attend where The Spirit leads you to. Hey at least it's not Africa !

I traveled 80 miles to the non denominational church I attended before this. It's about where The Spirit leads you to. And my local connection with the pastor here where we did Sunday night local TV bible study and short message dried up as he ages and the studio closed up. So doors shut but God is faithful to provide new open doors. Pam and I simply walked through the open door.

Upvote 0

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was a methodist till age 22 ish. But they never told me what they believe and why. Just turned up, sat in the pew, listened to some sermon with only one verse attached to it from the bible. Never satisfied.

Then I was introduced to an independent baptist church.. that was pretty much independent missionary baptist.. with sponsorship from ABA churches in the Southern States. They told me what they believe and why and showed it to me from the bible. I was blown away.. and thought this is where I should be.

Since then I've always been in an indepent baptist church -- that was 2004.
i was raised UMC i got saved in a general Baptist church. been in southerner Baptist non denom . the Lord allowed me to reopen the Church i was saved in and called to preach in. come judgement day your not going to be asked if you was a good Baptist. a former pastor i was under use to say your name tag will either fall off going up or burn off going down. as per Baptist there is a list of Baptist a milelong each one has a different doctrine . Just be born again

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
honestly i could care less if your a staff member/advisor/supporter .....see here the thing is your taking my post and making it say what you want. BTW just which Baptist doctrine should i be preaching? i have been involved in the general Baptist church close 25 years Baptist does NOT get anyone to heaven nor does it keep you saved.. i seriously think you need retract your remarks because at NO TIME did i say Baptist was not biblically true. as Christian we are the Body of Christ called to be the Church which has many members in which Christ is the great shepherd

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
honestly i could care less if your a staff member/advisor/supporter .....see here the thing is your taking my post and making it say what you want. BTW just which Baptist doctrine should i be preaching? i have been involved in the general Baptist church close 25 years Baptist does NOT get anyone to heaven nor does it keep you saved.. i seriously think you need retract your remarks because at NO TIME did i say Baptist was not biblically true. as Christian we are the Body of Christ called to be the Church which has many members in which Christ is the great shepherd
Can you name a specific Baptist doctrine that you wouldn’t preach?

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Baptist churches I’ve attended don’t try to sugar coat it or pretend something it’s not. Very Bible based. Not just self-help feel-good-about-yourself lessons you listen to on Sundays & you’re good.

Upvote 0

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you name a specific Baptist doctrine that you wouldn’t preach?
i preach the word of God ,,not Baptist//i can name some that would not allow me in their pulpit . this has nothing to do with Baptist it has everything to do with your either saved or not saved some Baptist believe in foot washing and open communion. some believe in eternal security others do not. there are 7thday Baptist hard-shell Baptist free will Baptist missionary Baptist independent fundamentalist's Baptist southern Baptist, Anabaptist the list of Baptist is a mile Long .Baptist is just a name that one identifies with.. ( however i did notice you tiptoeing around the fact. YOU said that i claimed Baptist was unbiblical. ) still waiting to see that post i made claiming that

Upvote 0

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Baptist churches I’ve attended don’t try to sugar coat it or pretend something it’s not. Very Bible based. Not just self-help feel-good-about-yourself lessons you listen to on Sundays & you’re good.
many of the Baptist do preach it straight up i am not a headquarter man . the one thing i can agree with general Baptist is they do not control the Local Church. i have been in Baptist churches with a assembly of God pastor evangelizing . not one time did he use tongues nor preach ASOG doctrine. strictly Bible

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
i preach the word of God ,,not Baptist//i can name some that would not allow me in their pulpit . this has nothing to do with Baptist it has everything to do with your either saved or not saved some Baptist believe in foot washing and open communion. some believe in eternal security others do not. there are 7thday Baptist hard-shell Baptist free will Baptist missionary Baptist independent fundamentalist's Baptist southern Baptist, Anabaptist the list of Baptist is a mile Long .Baptist is just a name that one identifies with.. ( however i did notice you tiptoeing around the fact. YOU said that i claimed Baptist was unbiblical. ) still waiting to see that post i made claiming that
I’ll try again. What Baptist distinctive do you believe in that you wouldn’t preach on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’ll try again. What Baptist distinctive do you believe in that you wouldn’t preach on?
what part of Baptist i don't preach on. do you not understand. salvation is a personal relationship with Jesus ..not Baptist or any other denomination .. you just simply dont get it do you? evidently not. if you wish to discuss Bible i am game.. other than that i a m done

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
what part of Baptist i don't preach on. do you not understand. salvation is a personal relationship with Jesus ..not Baptist or any other denomination .. you just simply dont get it do you? evidently not. if you wish to discuss Bible i am game.. other than that i a m done
You’re a bit riled up, so probably it’s best.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
no i am by far riled up.. your just being annoying you made a accusation that was not true
You’ve not said anything to change my opinion. You wouldn’t even directly answer a question. I’m more than happy to change my view, but so far, you’ve not stated what Baptists distinctives you find so unbiblical that you won’t preach on them.

Upvote 0

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You’ve not said anything to change my opinion. You wouldn’t even directly answer a question. I’m more than happy to change my view, but so far, you’ve not stated what Baptists distinctives you find so unbiblical that you won’t preach on them.
get one thing straight i dont owe you a explanation see i never said what you are wanting said... what your doing is baiting .

Upvote 0