Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What can you tell me about Seventh Day Baptists?

I know that they worship on, but that's all I know. Ready To Harvest's video about them cleared up some things for me.

I'm a Southern Baptist, but I diverge from the denomination in that I actually agree with the Seventh Day Baptists on Saturday being the Sabbath. My concern is that they might be a little to "big tent," even moreso than the SBC on certain issues.

They also don't believe in a pre-tribulational rapture. While I don't care much about the timing of tribulation, I still think modern Israel is a fulfillment of biblical prophecy. I'd say my own view is pretty close to that of Charles Spurgeon.

So, I kinda find myself between two denominations at the moment.

Anyone have thoughts or experiences with Seventh Day Baptists?

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟64,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟573,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Interesting. I lived with my grandparents in Eastern Kentucky many years ago and there were many 7th day Baptist churches but none appear in this conference. I know they were not altogether independent because I met and spoke to them a couple of times and was told that the churches operated in a circuit. Many only had a service once a month when the preacher came through. If you wanted to go to church other times (which was kind of expected) you had to follow the preacher's circuit.

Upvote 0