What's on your mind?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,624.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if anyone is actually proud of me and not just saying it.
Hello beloved. Grace to you. I called Jesus directly. He says He boast about you for your steadfastness and enduring faith.

:clap:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never been a fan of the Kardashians. But I must admit I like Kourtney's perspective. She's the most sensible of the bunch and grounded. Marriage has only made it better. This is a comment from a birthday photo Kim posted. She tweaked hers and Khloe's but left Kourtney's untouched. Yes, she's petty like that.

What I like most in this familial saga is how the word proves true. They have everything and nothing. But Kourtney forsook much and has it all. A man who loves her, a beautiful family that's her main priority, a successful business and loving friends. She values people more than things and has everything they lack.

And I love what she said about her body.

IMG_9951.jpeg

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Remote Learning on the Horizon.

A Christian perspective on school closings and the movement towards remote learning to address budget problems. Facilities are being transformed into affordable housing. Where are we heading?

If you're desirous of children watch the video and explore Christian alternatives in education. Don't wait until you're facing the dilemma like the rest. Plan accordingly while you can. There are online programs and numerous resources for homeschooling. The Classical Christian model is very popular.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I get curious about these things:

I was scrolling thru the staff directory of the elementary school I went to. Only 1 teacher is still there from when I went.
Also when I went, each grade had 4 teachers. Each grade had 1 male teacher, except 5th grade which had 2 men. Even kidnergarten had a male teacher. & there were old & younger teachers alike. I noticed they are all younger women now, except one. Sure, teaching young kids isn't as attractive to men, just like plumbing doesn't attract women, but it makes me wonder what that's communicating to kids, especially boys -> where's the men?

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I get curious about these things:

I was scrolling thru the staff directory of the elementary school I went to. Only 1 teacher is still there from when I went.
Also when I went, each grade had 4 teachers. Each grade had 1 male teacher, except 5th grade which had 2 men. Even kidnergarten had a male teacher. & there were old & younger teachers alike. I noticed they are all younger women now, except one. Sure, teaching young kids isn't as attractive to men, just like plumbing doesn't attract women, but it makes me wonder what that's communicating to kids, especially boys -> where's the men?
Japan has more male teachers than female. Not sure why. Japan is the only country that way.

Here's an interesting article on us education. I could only read the first part..https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2019/02/the-explosion-of-women-teachers/582622/

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Japan has more male teachers than female. Not sure why. Japan is the only country that way.

Here's an interesting article on us education. I could only read the first part..https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2019/02/the-explosion-of-women-teachers/582622/
I disagree w/ the article it's b/c teaching's considered not prestigous enough so that's why men aren't attracted to it. It's b/c women like working w/ younger kids. I was scrolling thru the staff directory of the high school. It is more equal balance. Men would rather teach older kids. I think the motherly attributes women have play a role in the discrepancy. Maybe my elementary school was an exception when it had a male teacher for each grade. If it wasn't, I'd like to see a return to encouraging men to become teachers of younger kids if they have the talent & passion.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sure, teaching young kids isn't as attractive to men, just like plumbing doesn't attract women, but it makes me wonder what that's communicating to kids, especially boys -> where's the men?

If memory serves the men were better paid and female teachers were less expensive. That's why they're the dominant voices in elementary school. That isn't the only reason. The wars on boys began years ago. But it's part of it.

~bella

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At a guess the men most likely back then had the advanced degrees which would be why they'd be paid more. Now men are abandoning the profession at least at the younger grades.

Here's some good things from the article.

"Ingersoll cited research published in one 1993 book about men in traditionally “feminine” occupations finding that among elementary-school teachers, men who were perceived as too “male” were dismissed as incapable of working with young children, while men who weren’t “male enough” were suspected of being child molesters. “You have to sort of work it out so you’re the right amount of maleness."

It wouldn't surprise me after the spike in male teachers, there was a lot of this going on, so they started pushing back on encouraging men to become teachers. These kinds of attitudes have likely only increased especially now in the me too era.

& I like how the article affirms the lack of male role models, authority figures, etc. is a problem:

One effect of the gender imbalance could be that younger students have fewer opportunities to interact with positive male role models. “As a black male teacher, sometimes I feel like a unicorn,” said Charles Jean-Pierre, a D.C. Public Schools art and French teacher. He said the black male teachers he had as a child of immigrants in Chicago motivated him to embrace his passion for art and become a teacher himself. “I think it’s important for students to experience joy, nurturing, and compassion from men … Male teachers embody hope and love for many students who do not see that on a daily basis [from men] in their homes.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟112,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello beloved. Grace to you. I called Jesus directly. He says He boast about you for your steadfastness and enduring faith.

:clap:

Wow, thank you so much!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When children were taught at home the governess handled the primary period and remained for girls but boys were given a tutor when they were school aged. It was thought he was the best to instruct them. I think a combination is ideal and prefer a model that's intellectual and instructive. Rich in knowledge and life skills.

I'm seeing more and more turn to homeschooling and moving away and opting for a simpler life. I think that's better but know it isn't ideal for most.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Watched this earlier. Discusses inflation, 4-day work week (reduced hours), and universal basic income to offset losses.

This video provides a factual representation of where we are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
like to see a return to encouraging men to become teachers of younger kids if they have the talent & passion.
I feel the same. After my experience in Japan and seeing how they were able to handle some of the disciplinary problems. I was at the 6-8th grade level. The island I lived on, the worst was smoking or pulling the fire alarm. Their dorm of discipline was shaming them. In the bigger cities though there were worse problems with kids attacking teachers and the school system turned a blind eye. Is kind of a Japanese cultural thing. One show I loved watching was on a male teacher called Sensei and what's weirder is the idea that students hang out in the home with their teachers, often pouring drinks for them. Again it's a cultural thing and I wouldn't condone it in our country.

My memories from elementary, junior high and highschool were favorable with male teachers. Two of them I was the teachers pet, while I have some awful memories of some female teachers. One of them in second grade made fun of me because I was always asking questions. Elementary,my 4 th grade teacher patience and bringing a souvenir from Disneyland, I still have. He passed a few years ago. While in contrast my 5th grade teacher was military style and I couldn't stand him. 7th and 8th I had the same teacher and he had compassion for the way students were treating me. He joined in with me on candy bar sales that I won each year.

In college I lived a male professor who ended up being.a reference for my job in Japan. I loved his stores out about his travels. I also had a wonderful french teacher that sat me down and told me about her difficulties learning English when she came to the states.

In adult life I've learned better with biblical studies under men that have sinary degrees and were former pastors
think it’s important for students to experience joy, nurturing, and compassion from men … Male teachers embody hope and love for many students who do not see that on a daily basis [from men] in their homes.”
I'd live to see return in the states of good role models. I have personally seen men fall in the field though and the rest of their life is a yearly mug shot. I had a best friend some years ago that fell into that category as a hug school teacher, but I have not seen him since the 90s to know the circumstances. It's very sad and I hope we can get some good role models and teachers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My eyes are hurting this morning. I don’t think people considered how the impact making everything on a screen would have on people.

Actually I think they did, but they were laughed at -> they knew what they were talking about

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟846,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hope everyone is having a great day!

I just found out that I didn't get that job. I'm still keeping my eyes open and praying the Lord's will be done.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd live to see return in the states of good role models. I have personally seen men fall in the field though and the rest of their life is a yearly mug shot. I had a best friend some years ago that fell into that category as a hug school teacher, but I have not seen him since the 90s to know the circumstances. It's very sad and I hope we can get some good role models and teachers.

Online education has grown tremendously. The pandemic was the turning point for remote learning and work. You can earn a college education from home without setting foot in a classroom. Do you realize how much they're saving and the profit margin?

Teachers earn too much now. Especially in cities. I posted the video for a reason. I saw the same in Massachusetts years ago. Well before the pandemic. They converted empty schools into affordable housing. If you're learning remotely your instructor can be anywhere. They don't have to be a citizen.

When things go online companies look for the least expensive option and that's usually overseas. They leverage the exchange rate and pay next to nothing. And they aren't required to offer benefits and there's tax incentives.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope everyone is having a great day!

I just found out that I didn't get that job. I'm still keeping my eyes open and praying the Lord's will be done.

Are you getting unemployment? Focus on your channel. Try to put out more content and setup a newsletter if you haven't already. Give them a freebie to subscribe and plug it in your videos and on the main page. They're the ones you'll sell to. Since you write an ebook won't be hard to compose. Create a workbook to accompany. Sell the pair through your channel and put the ebook on kindle unlimited.

If you're not on Tik-Tok consider it. You'll drive traffic to your channel and increase your following and subscribers and have more conversions. I don't know what you're discussing but make sure your call-to-action is strong and sticky. Find five pain points and build your messages around them.

Maybe you're home for a reason.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟846,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you getting unemployment? Focus on your channel. Try to put out more content and setup a newsletter if you haven't already. Give them a freebie to subscribe and plug it in your videos and on the main page. They're the ones you'll sell to. Since you write an ebook won't be hard to compose. Create a workbook to accompany. Sell the pair through your channel and put the ebook on kindle unlimited.

If you're not on Tik-Tok consider it. You'll drive traffic to your channel and increase your following and subscribers and have more conversions. I don't know what you're discussing but make sure your call-to-action is strong and sticky. Find five pain points and build your messages around them.

Maybe you're home for a reason.
I just started a secondary Christian channel and have felt led to write a Christian book about a topic the Lord gave me I plan on writing a sermon on later. I will use this advice thank you!

And no, not on unemployment. I wouldn't qualify.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just started a secondary Christian channel and have felt led to write a Christian book about a topic the Lord gave me I plan on writing a sermon on later. I will use this advice thank you!

And no, not on unemployment. I wouldn't qualify.

Then you know what it was correct? ;-)

And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.

Watch the videos I posted recently and do what He said. You'll understand what He's doing and why it's necessary.

Upvote 0