✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope everyone is having a great day!

I just found out that I didn't get that job. I'm still keeping my eyes open and praying the Lord's will be done.

I'm sorry to hear that, Saucy. :(

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Catching up on Diddy news...

*One person can't possibly do all he's accused of on their own. He had a lot of help.
*If he taped everything the raid would address that assuming he doesn't have copies.
*Parents are too trusting. Who leaves a 12 year old with a man for a year (Usher) or a 14 year old (Bieber) for 48 hours.

*Most of the heavy hitters in film, music and entertainment were at his parties.
*Diddy and Weinstein have one thing in common (beyond the obvious); they stepped on the wrong toes. #MeToo was orchestrated so was this.
*Epstein had a similar setup and every room had cameras (including restrooms) and they have flight logs but no arrests.

Entertainment is morally bankrupt. Far more occurs than we'll ever know. Everyday brings a new revelation and it's been that way for months. It's like hearing a saga.

People do unimaginable things for fame, wealth, an opportunity or dire straits. They're exploited and turn around and do the same to others.

Thank God for Jesus. We need Him more than ever. The world is sick.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just started a secondary Christian channel and have felt led to write a Christian book about a topic the Lord gave me I plan on writing a sermon on later. I will use this advice thank you!

And no, not on unemployment. I wouldn't qualify.

If you haven't already done so, you should set up a Ko-Fi (or something similar) for those who would like to contribute to your work.

• Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I just found out that I didn't get that job. I'm still keeping my eyes open and praying the Lord's will be done.
Will continue prayers. Sorry it wasn't the Lord's will. It's hard to keep a positive attitude.But I think you are.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday was the first time I heard a sermon on marriage, it's a series about God's design for sex, that I didn't feel hurt or overlooked. I remember some years ago when I was at another church, and I'd just decided I was never getting married singing in my head "lalalala, I can't hear you. This isn't for me. Why do i have to sit through this irrelevant information. Onto the next topic". I felt more at peace this time and more questions about how I can be a servant in a marriage, a helpmate. Do I value time too much? How can I be ready for someone that is going to want to spend every moment with me without being overwhelmed? Will my heart be open to someone healthy in the church or will I build walls again that only unhealthy individuals are willing to climb? Am I one of those people that is called to singleness? How many here are never married? Should I consider only dating never married because of the expectations of those that have been married before? Just needed a place here to express some of those thoughts for prayer once I begin another chapter in dating.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Watched this earlier. Discusses inflation, 4-day work week (reduced hours), and universal basic income to offset losses.

This video provides a factual representation of where we are.

All the more reason to postpone purchase of a newer car. Going another summer no AC and continue building my car maintenance and savings fund for another while interest rates are high. It's probably cheaper for me to do a rental in October for my race and visit with my sister. Gotta get out of some of the habits that slipped in over the years, work lunch out, coffee places, and continue to go without Internet for a lil longer.

I feel blessed to have a roof over my head and knowing I will have a meal and if I lose the roof over my head I'll have a place to go. Just have to keep a discipline with spending and creative avenues for expenditures. At the same time being giving to those in need.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
All the more reason to postpone purchase of a newer car. Going another summer no AC and continue building my car maintenance and savings fund for another while interest rates are high.

He posted something recently about the car industry tanking. Look at the recent videos on that subject. You may want to hold off if prices drop due to inventory excess.

I post things like that in this forum for two reasons. I know most aren't seeing it and most people here are single. They don't have a spouse to fall back on if the unexpected happens. I try to keep everyone informed as needed. And everyone's circumstances differ. Some have family and friends they can rely on and others don't. Notice can be the difference between hard times and a safety net.

If I say get a side hustle it isn't a suggestion. It's the result of my awareness of significant layoffs and work reduction. Everyone's preparing for AI and cutting expenses. Starting something while you're employed is less stressful than when you aren't.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been trying to find actual matzah instead of the unleavened rye crackers I've used in the past. No luck. :sigh:

Big box stores usually have them or in a pinch look up the orthodox synagogues in your area and check the stores around them. They choose shuls in close proximity to their homes.

~bella

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, the Mall of America isn't as big as I thought it'd be. ^_^ But then, my only time seeing it before today was as it appeared on an episode of Daria, back when my sister was a fan in her teens (so I was maybe just twelve or so). I don't know how I remember this, but in that episode they sort of parodied the Mall by naming its sections and levels after flowers or colors or something, along with letters and numbers, so I guess it was meant to be an exagerration on the size. ^_^

Unfortunately Eden Prairie isn't looking so hot overall now that I am here. It is certainly nice in appearance, and everyone I have encountered so far has been noticeably polite and welcoming, and I even appreciate the fact that even in the middle of spring it was still 50 degrees outside this morning (I am more attuned with the colder climate).
^-^
Buuuut still, it is very much more expensive than where I come from in the South, and even the best job opportunities for my field of expertise are not only 30 minutes away in Minneapolis, making for an undesirable commute, but don't even start off with as much money per hour as I was making at Albemarle. And there's only one place among both townhomes and apartments here that looks at all both affordable and pretty to live. I have an appointment set to tour through that one place tomorrow.

But, hey, you never know. I just have to stay open to the Spirit's guidance towards a place where I might find peace and contentment. That could still very well end up being here.

But before that, still gotta see the other places on my map, first!

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I say get a side hustle it isn't a suggestion. It's the result of my awareness of significant layoffs and work reduction. Everyone's preparing for AI and cutting expenses. Starting something while you're employed is less stressful than when you aren't.
I've started a plan to get back into updating my resume and reading materials from the library to help. I'm nearing retirement but will not have enough to retire, but it's not practical to stay in snowplowing past 58. I'm taking the time right now to read What color is your Parachute and take an inventory so hopefully I can go where my skill set us needed and support possibly the next 20 or so years, who knows maybe I'll want to work and travel up to 90 years old. One of my coworkers was 90, but he didn't have to plow at that time.

I just wrote my first story exercise and relationships seem to stand pretty strong. So does organization, planning/coordinating, communication and creativity. I need to write 6 more stories and analyze my skills. Praying that my health improves and I can have the energy I had in 2020 to do well in the workplace. The last 5 months with some transitions I've been learning a lot and hopefully I can adapt to help create and streamline our process and procedures.

Thanks for putting this out there as it is wise to think and plan for the future as the times are changing faster than any of us has experienced before. With man it is impossible but with God anything is possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know, the Mall of America isn't as big as I thought it'd be. ^_^ B
Never been, that's neat that you got to visit.
But, hey, you never know. I just have to stay open to the Spirit's guidance towards a place where I might find peace and contentment. That could still very well end up being here.
Sorry to hear it's not been looking like an affordable option. Praying as you journey, think and pray about a decision. And that one door closed leads to another open.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that one door closed leads to another open.

Hey, it might still happen. After all, as I said above, everyone I've met so far has been very nice, so that's a big plus ... and there have been no fewer than five occasions today alone that I said to myself "Wow, she is one really cute lady. " ^_^

Even for Sarah's Knight that number is above average. So maybe Minnesota will end up being the way to go if there is an overabundance of girls I find pretty in just everyday public. ^_^

The person serving me at the place I went to for dinner also happened to have family who lives near Sault Ste Marie in Michigan, which I set out for late tomorrow, when I told him about why I am here visiting Eden Prairie, and he said he found it very beautiful. I also imagine it may be easier to get used to when I am there, since it is a town roughly the size of where I come from. :angel:

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@bèlla , thank you for your concern and spiritual advice from a few weeks ago when I came forward about my suffering bad/unpleasant dreams often as of late, especially concerning a place from my childhood that I think of as a curse and do not want to dream about at all. Thanks at least in part to that, I cannot remember undergoing any such dreams since then. :angel:

They haven't all been great, some just kind of weird and unfathomable, but still, nothing really disturbing or unpleasant, and nothing taking place in the one place that I definitely want to avoid.
God is good. Perhaps He may allow certain kinds of unpleasantness or chaos to come through in our lives, but He is not the author of it, nor does He take pleasure in it, I believe. And oftentimes, He is far more good than we give Him credit for. I must keep on believing that. Along with the resurrection of Christ from the dead, I personally believe that I must also think of God as good, that He is for us and not against us, and even wants to be for those among us humans who do not yet believe, or else my faith is pointless. :)

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,012,740.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A few years ago, I attempted to befriend someone from a dating site I'll call S.R. However, it soon became obvious that S.R. was not gonna be someone I even wanted to be friends with, much less date. In the process of getting to know her, though, I noticed on her Facebook profile that she has a friend, S.S. I immediately though S.S. was cute, but wasn't gonna do anything about it for having no acquaintance with her and considering it inappropriate to ask S.R. for an introduction. Anyhow, I've recently noticed S.S. as a member of a local Facebook singles group I'm in, but she doesn't seem to be active there. As tempting as it might be to send her a message, I don't wish to creep her out, and I realize I really need to get my job situation straightened out before I consider going after anyone.

I just don't know what to do here...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
might still happen. After all, as I said above, everyone I've met so far has been very nice,
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.
The person serving me at the place I went to for dinner also happened to have family who lives near Sault Ste Marie in Michigan
Will continue prayer as you journey.
just don't know what to do here...
Praying is probably best. It sounds like the timing doesn't seem right if she's not active on the site and your looking to get a job situation straightened out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@sampa, I'm glad to hear you're making strides and think I'll put together a thread fir encouragement and updates on our side projects.

@SarahsKnight, The absence of unpleasant dreams is a blessing. Pray the prayer once a week for a month and see if it helps with the others. It may be necessary to address your sleep from different angles until the problem is gone. Trust your gut on your expenses and be mindful of cost of living increases on the horizon. Inflation is rising and interest rates haven't been lowered. The Fed is waiting for something break don't rule out Canada.

@.Mikha'el., It's a murky situation and caution is needed. You don't know her personally and noticed her through someone's Facebook account you were getting acquainted with. While the depth of connection is unknown I'll acknowledge the reality of what you're proposing candidly.

Most women don't share. They don't talk to each other's suitors or failed connections. If the woman isn't initiating the introduction it isn't done. In most instances this ends one or two ways. The person feels betrayed and breaks the connection or an argument follows.

Oftentimes it happens on the down low and I apply that term for a reason. One or both usually have a niggling feeling the other wouldn't be cool and keep it quiet hence the upset. They're rarely asked and even then she may not agree then what?

In the clearest terms, if @sampa was talking to someone and they didn't go forward and we're friendly there's no way I'm looking his way even if he was making moves. It's a fine line and if I did it she'd be right to question my loyalty or trust me around her suitors. That's how we see it.

There are some who live by different principles and they're okay with swaps or dating the same guys. I don't fall in that camp.

~bella

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Continued prayers for you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was a bit different, but a guy was interested in me. He was a police officer 30 miles from me that was working nights. He brought a friend to show his me off. He asked me out in front of him, but with the drive and getting up at 4:30am I couldn't stay out past midnight. We did go for pizza, the guys friend seemed interested in me. And contacted me through social media.

If a man's friend I'm getting acquainted with did the same I'd tell him and let him handle it. I wouldn't have befriended him. I don't know their relationship and toes are tricky.

Upvote 0