What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Pharisees Circumcision was not God's circumcision. The Pharisees Law was not God's Law. The Yoke that the Fathers couldn't bear, was not placed on them by God. These are all undeniable, Biblical Truths. Whether we believe them or not is irrelevant to the fact that they are Biblical Truths.

You have been convinced that the Pharisees were promoting God's circumcision, God's Laws. But the Scriptures say they are not. Just as you have been convinced of the falsehood, that God placed 613 Laws on the necks of men who trusted Him. These philosophies, although popular, are simply not true.

I too, have been influenced by these same religious philosophies that both God and His Son warned about. It was hard for me in the beginning to accept God's Word over the doctrines and traditions of this world I was born into. Jesus, that is, the Jesus "of the Bible" says the truth shall set us free. Take a leap of Faith BN, accept the truth of God that HE didn't place 613 Laws even on the backs of ONE MAN, and certainly not His Son, who said the Yoke of God HE was under, was Light, and not burdensome, as I also have come to know.

So your saying that God’s commandment that He gave to Abraham to circumcise the foreskin of his penis was not the commandment the Pharisees taught?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So your saying that God’s commandment that He gave to Abraham to circumcise the foreskin of his penis was not the commandment the Pharisees taught?
Deuteronomy 30: 6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7 And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Colossians 2: 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

See the parallels between Moses' statement and Paul's? That is exactly the opposite of what the Pharisees/Judaizers taught.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 30: 6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7 And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Colossians 2: 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

See the parallels between Moses' statement and Paul's? That is exactly the opposite of what the Pharisees/Judaizers taught.
Which is a completely different subject. This is the commandment given directly from God to Abraham.

”God said further to Abraham, “Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17‬:‭9‬-‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Then Abraham circumcised his son and his servants as God had said to him.

”Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham’s household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17‬:‭23‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Did Abraham circumcise their hearts?

This is common fundamental biblical teaching and this discussion is what happens when people try to force something into the scriptures that doesn’t fit. Circumcision of the heart has nothing to do with Acts 15 or Galatians 5 which is the circumcision I was referring to when I was making the point that people who say that we are commanded to keep the law and to keep the commandments and to follow Jesus’ example don’t actually keep the law, the commandments, or follow Jesus’ example of keeping the entire Mosaic law. This whole discussion about circumcision is an attempt to derail the discussion from the actual topic that was being discussed. Just like the ridiculous statement that nobody was expected to keep all 613 commandments. It’s a distraction from the point of the actual discussion derived from the denial of the truth that none of these people are actually keeping the entire law as Jesus did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Which is a completely different subject. This is the commandment given directly from God to Abraham.

”God said further to Abraham, “Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17‬:‭9‬-‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Then Abraham circumcised his son and his servants as God had said to him.

”Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham’s household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.“

Did Abraham circumcise their hearts?

This is common fundamental biblical teaching and this discussion is what happens when people try to force something into the scriptures that doesn’t fit. Circumcision of the heart has nothing to do with Acts 15 or Galatians 5 which is the circumcision I was referring to when I was making the point that people who say that we are commanded to keep the law and to keep the commandments and to follow Jesus’ example don’t actually keep the law, the commandments, or follow Jesus’ example of keeping the entire Mosaic law. This whole discussion about circumcision is an attempt to derail the discussion from the actual topic that was being discussed. Just like the ridiculous statement that nobody was expected to keep all 613 commandments. It’s a distraction from the point of the actual discussion derived from the denial of the truth that none of these people are actually keeping the entire law as Jesus did.
That was a very judgmental post. Do you imagine you can look inside people's hearts and know their motives?

And what do the passages I quoted actually say? That the circumcision made without hands causes those who receive it to love God with all their heart, soul, and mind. And to put off the body of the sins of the flesh which is described in Galatians 5. Someone who loves God with everything they are isn't going to be a legalist. Their obedience comes from their heart.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was a very judgmental post. Do you imagine you can look inside people's hearts and know their motives?

And what do the passages I quoted actually say? That the circumcision made without hands causes those who receive it to love God with all their heart, soul, and mind. And to put off the body of the sins of the flesh which is described in Galatians 5. Someone who loves God with everything they are isn't going to be a legalist. Their obedience comes from their heart.
Why are you quoting these passages? What does this have to do with the commandment that God gave Abraham about circumcision of the foreskin of his penis? What does this have to do with Acts 15 or Galatians 5? All of these are dealing with the circumcision of the foreskin of a person’s penis not the circumcision of the heart. Circumcision of the heart is a completely different subject that is not abolished in Acts 15 or refuted in Galatians 5.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That was Paul's understanding.

Rom. 2: 24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 25 For circumcision "verily profiteth", if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision "be counted for circumcision"?

Do you guys ever even listen to your own preaching? First, God placed 613 Laws on every person who followed Him out of Egypt. So you promote to the world that God's Law is a Yoke of Bondage the Disciples, and their fathers couldn't bear. And in the same breath, you preach that Jesus obeyed Every Law of God, the 613 Yoke of Bondage impossible to obey by men Laws, given by Moses.

And yet Jesus said;

Matt. 11: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

You preach they labor and are heavy laden because God placed 613 Laws on their necks, Right BN? That is the foundation of your religion, according to your own words.

So why wasn't Jesus laboring and heavy ladened with God's 613 Laws? Did God give Him a different set of Laws? Or maybe the reason why you can't support your preaching about God, with actual scripture, is because God didn't place 613 laws on the backs of even ONE person. And Jesus didn't Labor and have heavy burdens because HE wasn't a slave to Sin and deception as sinners are, just like Israel was a slave to Sin in Egypt. And Jesus wanted them to turn away from the burdensome ways of this world, with its traditions, and take "God's Yoke" that God placed on Him, and learn from Him because God's Law is not burdensome as the deceiver, and its servants promote.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

God's Law says that the loose flesh of the penis must be removed as a sign between Him and God. I know you won't answer my questions, but if I am obeying God's Laws, who is going to know I'm Circumcised? Did Abraham and God's people run around Flashing their private parts to others to prove they were God's People? Or is God's Circumcision something between God and man? So therefore, God's Circumcision is of the heart, and is shown by the works of men, just as it was shown by Abraham's obedience.

I am always astounded that this world's mainstream preachers can hear Jesus say, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

And you understand clearly that there is a Spiritual meaning to His Spiritual Words. But to justify your lawlessness, you refuse to accept that His Father, whose Words are also Spiritual, can't possibly have a Spiritual meaning for His instructions "This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant "betwixt me and you".

Did the Pharisees promote the Circumcision of God? Absolutely not.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was Paul's understanding.

Rom. 2: 24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 25 For circumcision "verily profiteth", if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision "be counted for circumcision"?

Do you guys ever even listen to your own preaching? First, God placed 613 Laws on every person who followed Him out of Egypt. So you promote to the world that God's Law is a Yoke of Bondage the Disciples, and their fathers couldn't bear. And in the same breath, you preach that Jesus obeyed Every Law of God, the 613 Yoke of Bondage impossible to obey by men Laws, given by Moses.

And yet Jesus said;

Matt. 11: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

You preach they labor and are heavy laden because God placed 613 Laws on their necks, Right BN? That is the foundation of your religion, according to your own words.

So why wasn't Jesus laboring and heavy ladened with God's 613 Laws? Did God give Him a different set of Laws? Or maybe the reason why you can't support your preaching about God, with actual scripture, is because God didn't place 613 laws on the backs of even ONE person. And Jesus didn't Labor and have heavy burdens because HE wasn't a slave to Sin and deception as sinners are, just like Israel was a slave to Sin in Egypt. And Jesus wanted them to turn away from the burdensome ways of this world, with its traditions, and take "God's Yoke" that God placed on Him, and learn from Him because God's Law is not burdensome as the deceiver, and its servants promote.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

God's Law says that the loose flesh of the penis must be removed as a sign between Him and God. I know you won't answer my questions, but if I am obeying God's Laws, who is going to know I'm Circumcised? Did Abraham and God's people run around Flashing their private parts to others to prove they were God's People? Or is God's Circumcision something between God and man? So therefore, God's Circumcision is of the heart, and is shown by the works of men, just as it was shown by Abraham's obedience.

I am always astounded that this world's mainstream preachers can hear Jesus say, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

And you understand clearly that there is a Spiritual meaning to His Spiritual Words. But to justify your lawlessness, you refuse to accept that His Father, whose Words are also Spiritual, can't possibly have a Spiritual meaning for His instructions "This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant "betwixt me and you".

Did the Pharisees promote the Circumcision of God? Absolutely not.
Here is God’s commandment to Abraham concerning the circumcision of the foreskin of his male descendants.

”This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17‬:‭10‬-‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Then Abraham took Ishmael and his servants and circumcised them as God had said to him.

Did Abraham circumcise his son and his servant’s hearts?

Is Acts 15 saying that the Gentiles don’t have to receive a circumcised heart?

Is Paul rebuking the Galatians for receiving a circumcised heart?

The circumcision of the foreskin is completely different from the circumcision of the heart. Abraham didn’t circumcise his son’s and his servants’ hearts, that would be absolutely ridiculous. He circumcised their penis JUST AS GOD HAD SAID TO HIM.

This entire discussion is just a distraction you concocted to avoid admitting the fact that you do not practice what you preach. You do not keep the commandments of God as Jesus did. So you came up with this ridiculous notion that the circumcision mentioned in Acts 15 and Galatians 5 is about the circumcision of the heart and that God never actually commanded the circumcision of the penis. Genesis 17 proves that God did in fact command that all of Abraham’s descendants must circumcise their penis on the eighth day which means all Jews must circumcise their penis on the eighth day according to the commandment given by God. What your doing is your running from the question that proves your being a hypocrite by not actually practicing yourself what you preach by making this ridiculous argument, the same ridiculous argument like your making when you pretend that you don’t know what I mean about the 613 commandments that I said that you don’t keep. Obviously I would only be referring to the ones that would apply to you and not all the laws that apply to the priesthood or any other demographics that you don’t fit into. You know this, but your pretending that you don’t in order to avoid admitting the truth.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why are you quoting these passages? What does this have to do with the commandment that God gave Abraham about circumcision of the foreskin of his penis? What does this have to do with Acts 15 or Galatians 5? All of these are dealing with the circumcision of the foreskin of a person’s penis not the circumcision of the heart. Circumcision of the heart is a completely different subject that is not abolished in Acts 15 or refuted in Galatians 5.
Romans 2: 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Colossians 3: 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

You don't seem to have a great deal of scriptural understanding. The new man is renewed by our Creator. He is recreated in the image of God by the word of God so he is capable of living according to God's law as I've just demonstrated in 3 consecutive posts.

Here are your much vaunted 613 laws. They weren't even formulated until the 3rd century after Christ.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is to no one in particular.

Revelation 18: 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Sin is the transgression of the law. Organizations that teach people it's OK to break God's law have God's people in them and God is calling honest people out of them before the second coming. SDA's are not the only people who will be saved. In fact there are a lot of SDAs who will leave the church and renounce their beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,035.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was asked the question on another forum, "What will happen to all those Christians who don't worship on the Sabbath?" I gave the following answer... there are some verses that give a clear answer. Here is what best applies....
Acts 17:24-30
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

When we unknowingly make a honest mistake, Gods grace is sufficient and He winks at our ignorance. But when we in all fullness of understanding knowingly do it.......
There are many things that a man is ignorant of, the daily sacrifice was for this purpose, I think. People who knowingly reject the Sabbath are in peril; I expect God's judgement to be complex, but the matter involves the seal of God (having the Law written on one's heart by God), and the mark of the Beast. There is a difference between not keeping the Sabbath and keeping Sunday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0