Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here is the rough outline I am creating. I will refine it, then expand it, then I'll "weave" a couple of possible Gospel narratives in writing to read everday, or memorize, so I could fall back upon. My hope is the Holy spirit will lead me after laying the foundation of the gospel in my mind.

To be fluid is important, one can free flow, or alter the order in response to the person addressing.

The gospel is like a 15 minute sermon, in a conversation, this likely will be divided, for who will sit and be preached to for so long on on whim. Regardless, the starting point is to have a full an complete understanding of the Gospel - the reason for the hope within us - ready at any moment - thus we will obey God, and thus be in and feel the joy of such obedience - for the peace of our hearts as well - for my mind and heart is weighted to share the gospel to loved ones, and their is comfort and joy and peace as I do these things.

OUTLINE OF THE GOSPEL.

1. Who God is
    1. He is Holy, holy, holy
      1. He is Righteous
        1. Must Judge righteously
      2. He cannot sin
      3. He is Truth and Light
      4. All knowing, all powerful, from everlasting to everlasting (uncreated)
  2. Who Man is
    1. God created us to be with Him and turn the entire Earth in Eden, a garden paradise - we were perfect without sin, everlasting life
    2. Fallen from Grace (everlasting life, trusting God, Communion with Him, slave to sin)
      1. Mankind is not righteous
      2. Manked cannot stop sinning
      3. Does not seek God
      4. In Darkness, Loves Sin, Can’t see Where he is headed
  3. What Happened to Man (possibly redundant - fell from grace, can’t stop sinning) now we need a saviour)
  4. Who Jesus Is
    1. Son of God - sinless
    2. Messiah, Christ - Savior
    3. Sent By God
    4. King of Kings
    5. Advocate to the Father, etc
  5. What Jesus Did
    1. Sinless, he became our sins and Died at the Cross for our salvation
    2. Created everything that was created
    3. He Willingly Died At The Cross
    4. He fulfilled prophecies over 450 of them (chance less than the number of atoms in universe)
    5. He Took our sins upon himself
      1. It is the only way we, sinners, can be restored to communion with God
  6. How God Responded to What Jesus Did
    1. He Raised Him from the Dead 3 days latter
      1. Proof God forgave Christ, for He was sinless, and proof our sins are forgiven in the risen Christ, for He has judged our sins already in Christ and raised Him, so our sins are no more when we believe on his name alone for salvation) The Risen Christ is our salvation - God’s Righteousness is imputed on us - Is our eternal life - Communion
    2. He imputed our sins on Christ on the cross and Judged Him on the Cross
      1. The physical pain of the romans and cross wasn’t even a billionth of the punishment He received at the cross, imo
    3. Sent the Holy Spirit after raising Christ - 40 days later?
      1. Earnest until our glorified bodies after death or rapture
  7. According to Scripture
    1. Pointing to Hope and Prophecy and Love for God layed 1500 years of foundation to deliver Christ in due time after the foundation of prophecy and law was established, and thus proof the Word is from God, and His Righteousness and Our Need for His righteousness, trusting salvation to him alone, and placing faith in his goodness and wisdom for us, knowing all things, as a Father who loves us, instead of our vain, temporal, fleshly, mortal imaginations)

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
    1. He is Righteous
      1. Must Judge righteously
        1. Only a righteous holy God can create something as amazing as the universe (look at the chaos that results from even an unrighteous mortal judge (man) would elicit, thus having infinitely more responsibility, must the more so establish order in righteousness - and is an altogether lovely thing that is infinitely worthy of being worshipped for all eternity)
        2. Would anyone want to live at eternal life without God's righteousness/holiness, wisdom? I declare that isn't even possible, but a lie from Satan, for such an enterprise would in short order destroy itself, enslave its population, corruption is rampart already, now extend this out thousands of years - even with technology - we'd destroy ourselves eventually. for all these reasons, it's imperative God must be holy, eternal life is only possible through His rightousness, and is the only worthy eternal life.

The above is an example of how I'd expand more talking points under each topic.

My goal is to have an extensive, as complete as possible, gospel with all possible talking points, realizing only a few are necessary, simplicity is beautiful - yet, I want to be ready to have a thorough conversation at the ready whenever the opportunity arises.

Winning souls, so we may shine as bright lights in heaven ( I believe this is a reward mentioned in revelation) but honestly, no reward is necessary, it's the right thing to do, and consciousness and belief rightly demands.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good replies.
But I think some of these are a little too complicated to get someone who is not knowledgeable about scripture to be saved. If you were a Bible expert and knew everything mentioned, then you might come away saved. But most of the people in the NT, especially in the book of Acts, did not have all these things. Paul, Peter, and the rest just preached a very simple gospel to them, and they were saved.

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good replies.
But I think some of these are a little too complicated to get someone who is not knowledgeable about scripture to be saved. If you were a Bible expert and knew everything mentioned, then you might come away saved. But most of the people in the NT, especially in the book of Acts, did not have all these things. Paul, Peter, and the rest just preached a very simple gospel to them, and they were saved.

Agreed, that is my first initial impression in this endevour and my primary initial concern when delivering the gospel - the simplicity in Christ. I did mention this a couple times, but I can see how things are getting muddy.

My goal is to have 2 versions of the gospel.

The most simple - which I broke down into 6-7 topics that must be addressed.

A more detailed one, to really flesh out the gospel.

Yes, planting the seed.

Jesus Christ died for our sins and God raised him up from the dead 3 days later according to scripture is the most basic "seed".

But there are things that must be understood within this seed for true saving grace in my understanding, again pointing to the 7 topics that must be understood to be saved.

For in the bible it says, My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge.

I don't know guys, what do you think, is the above highlighted in bold enough for people to be saved? I'm not the expert here, hence this study.

If a person was to be saved by the above alone, they would truly be blessed, and perhaps this is all that is needed and all that our faith is based upon.

I remember someone along time ago asked me this, very basic of basic gospels, and I instincively said yes, I've always been a believer (even shallow), as I've never explicitely denied the gospel or believe in Jesus, never had a reason to, but always eager and willing to believe.

Now, these days, I wish I asked a ton of questions - in fact, all of the seven I mentioned.

It is only after knowing these things does it all make sense.

I personally think saving knowledge of Jesus is a 15 minute conversation/lecture, and not a 15 second decision after hearing the text in bold.

This is my opinion. At the end of the day, if given the chance, I'll speak as much as I can the gospel, never leaving anything on the table left unsaid and letting time simply run out. When it comes to the gospel, I'll speak, and let them leave if they are done listening, lol. I dunno, should be more humble and meek, I suppose.

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here is my updated, more simple version of the outline so far, removing some ideas that are "extra" but altogher lovely.

1. Who God is
    2. He Is Righteous
    3. He cannot sin
    4. He is Truth and Light
    5. All knowing, all powerful, from everlasting to everlasting (uncreated)
    6. God created us without sin
  2. Who Man is
    1. Fallen from Grace
    2. Mankind is not righteous
    3. Has a desperately wicked heart
    4. Manked cannot stop sinning/ Is a slave to sin
    5. Does not seek God
    6. In Darkness, Loves Sin, Can’t see Where he is headed
  3. What Happened to Man
    1. Fell from Grace
    2. Lost Eternal Life
    3. Holy Spirit Removed/ No More Communion - Spiritual Death
    4. Now Mortal due to Sin
  4. Who Jesus Is
    1. Son of God - sinless
    2. Messiah, Christ - Savior
    3. Sent By God
    4. King of Kings
    5. Advocate to the Father, etc
  5. What Jesus Did
    1. Sinless, he became our sins and Died at the Cross for our salvation
    2. Created everything that was created
    3. He Willingly Died At The Cross
    4. He fulfilled prophecies over 450 of them
    5. He Took our sins upon himself because it is the only way we, sinners, can be restored to communion with God
  6. How God Responded to What Jesus Did
    1. He Raised Him from the Dead 3 days latter - Which is proof both He and us are forgiven
    2. He Judged our imputed sins on Christ on the cross and it pleased Him (He is Holy)
    3. Sent the Holy Spirit after raising Christ
  7. According to Scripture
    1. 450 prophecies pointing to Christ in OT
    2. 1500 years of prophecies and prophets as foundation of Christ
    3. Accurately Depicts Mans Heart (Desperately Wicked) to Each Other and God (Seperated)
    4. Shows us his Holy and Righteous Character and our need of Christ by giving us the Law
    5. Scripture proves God loves us, cares enough for us to give us His Word, what His plans are, His Will (for us to believe in Christ), Where we are going (to him, New Jerusalem) and what lies in the future (persecution), and His longsuffering since he laid 1500 years of groundwork before Christ)

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
because the gospel is a narrative of our souls journey of a there and back ...

Still don't get it. The context of that passage is people sacrificing babies.

That is a perfect example of the desperately wicked nature of our hearts, so we desperately need a savior, yet, therein doesn't explain the gospel.

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good replies.

That's also the rub, someone who isn't knowledgeable about scripture needs knowledge of the scripture.

The question is how much? If I recall, it goes into lengths on the scripture to the jews - who knew more scripture - but to the gentiles, it doesn't mention much. I'm pretty sure the apostles didn't just say one or two sentences, perhaps what you are implying.

What are the exact words you would use?

Whats the bare minimum content a person with zero scripture needs to have a saving knowledge of grace?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still don't get it. The context of that passage is people sacrificing babies.

That is a perfect example of the desperately wicked nature of our hearts, so we desperately need a savior, yet, therein doesn't explain the gospel.
here is another verse which sums up the whole gospel

If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
here is another verse which sums up the whole gospel

If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

? Are you trolling the thread? Forgive me, but you totally lost me here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
? Are you trolling the thread? Forgive me, but you totally lost me here.

If the work of anyone will be burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, but so as through fire.

the journey out is the journey in ...

Upvote 0

maxamir

Apr 1, 2023
QLD
✟20,540.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:17 could also refer to the death of Adam and Eve, for the died within 1 Day "Of God" (1000 years is as 1 day). Since we know that happened, that could satisify the condition. As often, with God, it's both and and not either or, so it certainly also applies to the holy spirit being taken, and that could then leave the spirit of man dead, for all the works will also be burned.

It's something I'm not clear on. For often, we hear people refer to their spirit and their spirit doing things, like rejoicing and what not in the OT, before Christ died. So how can a dead thing perform any actions.

Is the holy spirit bringing back to life something that isn't there, doesn't exist, or is the holy spiriting taking what is there and regenerating it, not unlike what He will do when he recreates the universe and earth after the 1000 years.

This is a fascinating subject and has lots of implications..

Often, I see other people worshipping, or doing "spiritual" things, like in Hinduism "Kundalini" Stuff, or Buddhism, so I'm trying to come to terms, if only Chrisitians have "spirits", aka from the Holy Spirit, what are these other people doing, even mormons describe a burning in the bosom (chest area), which I often feel, but can any of us Christians, say truthfully, that the mormons worship the same Jesus we do?

On that note, simply telling people the Gospel, believe in Jesus, yes, that is crucial in critical, but should we also not emphasise, believe in the right Jesus, and if you do the Gospel correctly, it will always point to the correct Jesus, and not the Jesus in Islam, Mormonisn, JW, etc.

Cheers, and its a blessing to hear chat with you guys. I often post at above top secret, but its constantly me always defending the gospel, saying much, but nothing sticking. It's good for my spirit and faith to be around fellow believers.
Saul was given the Holy Spirit then it was taken away and David prayed that the Holy Spirit not be removed from him but in the New Covenant all who are born again by grace in Christ are raised from their spiritual death in His resurrection and given the Holy Spirit forever because God's image which was lost in the Fall is restored in them.

The Lord Jesus Christ is truly God and truly Man, therefore if God and man is not truly preached, Christ is never truly known.

Why do you use 1000 years as being symbolic and then use it as being literal?

Upvote 0

Holy Universe

Jul 29, 2022
Morristown, TN
✟10,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Saul was given the Holy Spirit then it was taken away and David prayed that the Holy Spirit not be removed from him but in the New Covenant all who are born again by grace in Christ are raised from their spiritual death in His resurrection and given the Holy Spirit forever because God's image which was lost in the Fall is restored in them.

The Lord Jesus Christ is truly God and truly Man, therefore if God and man is not truly preached, Christ is never truly known.

Why do you use 1000 years as being symbolic and then use it as being literal?

Not sure what you mean, but Adam was 960 ish when he died, so it was within 1000 years, aka 1 day according to God.

Some people say, either the physical death is what God meant, aka the 1000 years as 1 day, or

Some people say Adam died spiritually.

The bible mentions the spirit often, so having the holy spirit being taken from Him makes sense to me, in this regard.

It's still not clear though.

I know the bible says we must be born again - regenerated in the spirit.

I'll try to piece together my thoughts, if it becomes more clear to me.

Does man have a spirit, but in God's eyes, is it dead (prior to being reborn)?

I digress, I'll try to stay on topic on the Gospel.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what you mean, but Adam was 960 ish when he died, so it was within 1000 years, aka 1 day according to God.

Some people say, either the physical death is what God meant, aka the 1000 years as 1 day, or

The bible mentions the spirit often, so having the holy spirit being taken from Him makes sense to me, in this regard.

So Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

70 years (one day as a thousand years) short of entering into the seventh day.

Upvote 0

maxamir

Apr 1, 2023
QLD
✟20,540.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God did not lie when He warned that they would surely die that day in Genesis 2:17. Man immediately died spiritually and began to die physically from that day and Adam was given quite a long time to reflect upon what he had done and become.

It is exactly because all after the Fall are born spiritually dead, are under the curse and slaves to sin and Satan that Christ said a man must be born again (John 3:3,7) and 2 Cor 5:17 says that all such become new creatures, who were once dead (Eph 2:1,5) and darkness but now walk as children of light (Eph 5:8) who have a living hope because they have been begotten again through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (1 Peter 1:3).

Without the Holy Spirit all have a spirit which is dead and those who die in their sin will prove themselves to be reprobate children of the devil and not the children of God (1 John 3:8-10) to whom alone grace is given before the foundation of the world and before time began (Eph 1:4-6, 2 Tim 1:9).

It is exactly these truths that must be proclaimed to stay on topic on the Gospel and not be led into another gospel which the article below warns of..

Another Gospel by Arthur W. Pink

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is God's very own Son. And God loves us so much, that God our Father wants us to have His very own best. God's best for us is Jesus. So, God sent His own Son Jesus to us.

Jesus came to earth as a baby! And God used a Jewish woman named Mary to be the mother of Jesus; yes, Jesus came to us, by being born from Mary as His mother.

Then Jesus loved people here in earth. He told us we must change from doing all our wrong things that keep us from loving the way God wants. Jesus wants us to love one another as family; we can do this with God who makes us able to live in His family caring and sharing way. We need to trust Jesus to get us with God so we can love like this.

And we can enjoy God and have peace and joy and we can please God while we find out how to love.

But no one has been doing this without Jesus!! So, Jesus died on the cross so we do not get punished for not loving the way God wants, and so we can be be adopted to become God's children and learn how to love.

Three days after Jesus died for us, then God made Jesus come alive again, even after He was tortured and died on that cross.

And now Jesus is with His Father in Heaven. And He wants to forgive us for our wrong and anti-love things, and He can help us to be corrected into His way of real loving. And this correction will mean not fussing and fighting and hating and being unforgiving. And love the kids who are not popular, and pray for God's mercy for the bullies.

With Jesus we can have rest for our souls, instead of the nasty and bad and hurt stuff in us, and enjoy sharing peace and love and joy with Jesus and each other.

Jesus does not hate or look down on anyone. So, Jesus is not at all conceited, but Jesus has hope for anyone. And this means how you and I can find out how to love in sharing with God and have His own peace to protect us from cruel feelings and emotions and bad thinking and fear. And we can be kind to people and help them to share Jesus with us now and after we die.

Upvote 0