Do your elders and pastor share the gospel ?

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

There is a difference between preaching the gospel and sharing the gospel. Sharing the gospel is more personal. What I have observed it seems the elders and pastor dont really share the gospel. They let the sharing of the gospel to the other members of the church. I dont think it should be like this, everyone is suppose to share the gospel. Being elder or pastor, they should lead by example imo. Maybe they do and I am not aware of this, idk....

Br,

Last edited:

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟341,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree! We are all called to share the Gospel! I'm thankful one of the elders at my Church goes out with us to evangelize.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree! We are all called to share the Gospel! I'm thankful one of the elders at my Church goes out with us to evangelize.
Thing is in my church, the leaders encourage use to share the gospel on the stage, but they never do this,"hey who want to join me to share the gospel in the weekend". Idk why, I mean a leader should lead by example or not ?

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟341,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would think they should go out and encourage everyone to share the Gospel outside the walls, but I'm sure there are many reasons they don't. Maybe they don't believe it "works" or maybe the fear grips them and they haven't dealt with it yet.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would think they should go out and encourage everyone to share the Gospel outside the walls, but I'm sure there are many reasons they don't. Maybe they don't believe it "works" or maybe the fear grips them and they haven't dealt with it yet.
Holding a preach on the stage is easier than sharing the gospel.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,513,682.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What I have observed it seems the elders and pastor dont really share the gospel.
My guess - as someone in ministry - is that you wouldn't be in a position to observe this more personal sharing. You aren't there with them, at the hospital bed, the kitchen table, over a cup of coffee and a pastoral conversation, or just as they interact with people going about their daily lives.
but they never do this,"hey who want to join me to share the gospel in the weekend".
Well, no, I wouldn't do that either. First up, if it's personal sharing, it's going to be a bit strange to have a stranger tagging along. Even two of you trying to talk to one person can be very intimidating. Second, most sharing of the gospel arises organically, as you're already relating with others, not something you go out to do, like a separate activity. And third, if you're in ministry, you don't need to go looking for opportunities; rather, you have a hard time getting any rest from the work!

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Holding a preach on the stage is easier than sharing the gospel.
I agree with you on this. It is easier to tell everyone to go into battle than to go into battle yourself. Commanders should also be leading their soldiers into battle.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, no, I wouldn't do that either. First up, if it's personal sharing, it's going to be a bit strange to have a stranger tagging along. Even two of you trying to talk to one person can be very intimidating.
I do agree that too many people can become overwhelming for a non-believer. But, if you set up a BBQ downtown, then you can have one person on the BBQ cooking and listening and learning how to share the Gospel, another person who gives out tracts, while the other is sharing the Gospel.
I do this downtown with other people, and it works a treat. People get equipped.
If someone is new to sharing, get them behind the BBQ so that they can hear you speaking.
Second, most sharing of the gospel arises organically, as you're already relating with others, not something you go out to do, like a separate activity.
Jesus spoke to as many people as possible. He did not limit it to those He became friends with. We need to tell as many people as possible.
And third, if you're in ministry, you don't need to go looking for opportunities; rather, you have a hard time getting any rest from the work!
Many ministers would get more rest if they trusted in the Power of the Gospel. Instead, they make themselves busy organising big events so that we can all be friends. Just get out there and tell people the Gospel.

Upvote 0