What do you do to make the seventh day special?

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a church family close by that honors the seventh day so some Saturdays I go hiking in God's creation. Other Saturdays I take a bunch of kids to help serve in a soup kitchen. Most of the time though I just study. On occasion I will travel to Boston to visit my church family on Saturday but it's kind of far from where I live. Maybe one day there will be a church in my area that honors the Lord's day.

What do you do to make the Lord's day special?

Last edited:

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟88,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a church family close by that honors the seventh day so some Saturdays I go hiking in God's creation. Other Saturdays I take a bunch of kids to help serve in a soup kitchen. Most of the time though I just study. On occasion I will travel to Boston to visit my church family on Saturday but it's kind of far from where I live. Maybe one day there will be a church in my area that honors the Lord's day.

When do you observe the Sabbath??

It seems to be a big debate out there on the Sabbath starting on Friday at sundown and goes until Saturday sundown, while many say the Sabbath is Saturday sunrise to Saturday sunset, since it is the actual Day time of the Sabbath and there is 12 hours in 1 day.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When do you observe the Sabbath??

It seems to be a big debate out there on the Sabbath starting on Friday at sundown and goes until Saturday sundown, while many say the Sabbath is Saturday sunrise to Saturday sunset, since it is the actual Day time of the Sabbath and there is 12 hours in 1 day.

Genesis creation days go from sunset to sunset.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

There are a number of SDA web sites and discussion boards and there is the Amazing Discoveries web site, and Apocalypse channel and Sacramento Central Bible study etc in addition to these discussion boards.

But in all cases I try to get out for a walk in nature each Sabbath in addition to the time in worship services.

There are some pretty good Bible story videos if the kids you are taking to the soup kitchen enjoy stories.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟88,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis creation days go from sunset to sunset.

I have brought that up many times, but I was told, God did not set apart the night, so it is the Sabbath Day only that should be kept holy from Saturday Sunrise to Sunset and they were dead serious and said that is the truth about the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have brought that up many times, but I was told, God did not set apart the night, so it is the Sabbath Day only that should be kept holy from Saturday Sunrise to Sunset and they were dead serious and said that is the truth about the Sabbath.

That is an interesting argument but the problem is that when Jesus was on the cross the Sun was just about to set and they said they didn't want him on the cross for the Sabbath. So that tells me Sabbath is from sunset to sunset. The same thing happened when they were preparing the spices on Friday.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Nothing.

Perhaps you should ask this in another forum like the MJ or SDA forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums