Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I watched Blue Beetle with my buddy. I enjoyed it. It has really really really strong family messages Christians should approve of. Movie bombed in the box office but I thought it was good. I liked it

I watched 5 Nights At Freddy’s. I saw it in theaters & re-watched it. I thought it was boring the first time I saw it. I think someone smiles once the whole movie, there’s not really any joy or awe, & the scary parts aren’t scary, but I appreciated it a lot more 2nd viewing. As someone who’s played the video games, I guess I have a soft-spot for it. I give it a 4/5

I watched NHL Coyotes vs Blues. Coyotes won, they are good this year

I’ve had NFL Network on in the background a lot. Have seen parts of lots of games. Saw a lot of Lions/Bears & Lions/Vikings

I am watching 1 Piece Whole Cake Island. I like Bounce Man Luffy! “4th Gear!! Bounce Man!!!!” This arc reminds me of A Game of Thrones. It also pulls from Star Wars w/ a clone army. Poor Sanji!
(I watch the collections when they come on disk, the next collection comes out in a few months so a time for waiting)

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's something I've never done... fly a proper R/C helicopter. Let alone upside down! Maybe someday. It looks like fun. Probably more interesting to build one from a kit than buy a fully assembled model, but that's one way to learn without wrecking a model that takes many hours or days to assemble. As with other R/C flight training, simulators are useful but can't quite match the real world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights cartoon movie
This movie is a collection of short stories. I liked that format. I wish more movies did that. Sometimes after one gets wrapped up, you’re not quite ready for a new beginning so quick. But I like it anyways. & the stories in this one are good.
I liked the 1st one the best because a nobody becomes the First Lantern. It’s a good lesson. & good action scenes too
In one of the stories Sinestro believes there is no destiny, Surbin does. Destiny is a placeholder for God, so it’s really a discussion about God & I liked that. Christians will like the hero believes in destiny, the villain doesn’t.
The ending boss battle is really good! I was amazed!
I recommend this movie if you like superhero cartoons.
I give it a 4/5

I watched NHL Ducks / Oilers on New Year’s Eve. Oilers won easy, 7-2

I watched some college basketball, mostly Kentucky / Florida. Florida led a game that was close most of the way, but Kentucky ended up going ahead at the very end & won

The Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special – It’s short & there were a couple good jokes, but I thought it was boring. This is no annual Christmas must-watch like The Grinch or Charlie Brown Christmas. I give it a 3/5

I watched a Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon episode. Again, boring. This was a generic action / fantasy kids show. But it was a Cosmo episode & I liked that
I watched What If Season 2 Episode 1. Not gonna watch the whole show, was just looking for a Guardians-themed episode & this looked like one. I liked it. The animation is amazing, I found it interesting enough, & I think they got the original actor back for Nebula. Also Howard the Duck! Yeah, it’s M-She-U, but I thought this episode was well-done anyways.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟150,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Lego DC The Flash

I was surprised how good this is. Definitely among the best Lego movies. It begins with a Joker attack on Metropolis. Joker is the main silly villain. Then Reverse Flash comes along and serves as a clever villain with a decent plan. Doctor Fate's role here really showed how much fun they were having with making this. I think what works is that it balances comedy and seriousness well. There's a ton of cameos but it doesn't feel forced.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟150,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

The best addition is the opener where Edmund runs back in to get his father's photo during the air raid. It establishes how he cares about his dad and misses him. He comes across more sympathetic because of that. The young cast really nails their roles. You buy them completely as the characters. It is arguably among the best fantasy adaptations. The queen's best moments are on the battlefield where she really seems like a force to be reckoned with.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

The best addition is the opener where Edmund runs back in to get his father's photo during the air raid. It establishes how he cares about his dad and misses him. He comes across more sympathetic because of that. The young cast really nails their roles. You buy them completely as the characters. It is arguably among the best fantasy adaptations. The queen's best moments are on the battlefield where she really seems like a force to be reckoned with.
I just watched this Friday! I'm trying to watch the trilogy! I'll post my thoughts later!!! Glad you like it!!!

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟150,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I just watched this Friday! I'm trying to watch the trilogy! I'll post my thoughts later!!! Glad you like it!!!
Thanks! I'm doing the same thing. I'll be interested to hear your takes on the trilogy. :)

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟150,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

PC is a better movie if you haven't read the book or recently watched the first film. It's primarily because of Peter. He is almost a different person. Rather than be more mature from the events of the first, he acts out of character, and the film itself barely tries to explain it. The best way to enjoy the movie is as an expensive action-oriented fanfiction of the original story. The action scenes are impressive, and the visuals are stunning. Disney didn't make any more Narnian films so here we got to see them go all out in those regards. By modern day standards the movie is above average. A lot of the dialogue is clever. I liked Sergio as the villain Miraz. It's a pretty good Narnia themed movie rather than a great adaptation.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟150,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

It is noticeably shorter than the first two films, but I do think it succeeds as an adaptation better than Prince Caspian. The characters, relationships, sense of wonder, the Narnian-ness of it all is there despite a lot of story changes. After having read the book, I really appreciate Eustace as well as his comedic duo and friendship with Reepicheep so much now. Him being a dragon longer and getting to fight the sea serpent works well as a way to up the action. The sea serpent and mermaids looked cool. I love seeing the star girl go down and up from the sky. There are nitpicks of course. Lucy being tempted by magic was better in the book, however, the way they went is clever too and it was nice to have Susan and a bit of Peter included there. Quite a few fans say this is their favorite of the three films and I totally get why.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A ton of college basketball, mostly mid-majors. I prefer them then the big-names. I have a soft-spot for the underdogs, smaller names, smaller budgets, schools that get passed over, teams the mob doesn’t care for.

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3
Baby Rocket! Drax is hilarious! All the superhero names got used, not just their first names!
As a Christian, I appreciated the language & jokes were a lot cleaner than Volume 2. Christians s/ also appreciate the villain is trying to play God. (playing God = evil)
I don’t like how most of the heroes quit at the end. This is a theme I’m seeing a lot in movies. Real heroes don’t just move on & quit.
I'm hearing a lot of reviews say it’s darker & much sadder than the others, but I found it to be one joke after the other except a couple scenes.
The first one is the best. Not sure if I like the 2nd or 3rd one better, I think I might go w/ this one simply b/c the language & jokes can be so foul in Volume 2
I give this a 4/5

As I was saying, I wanted to rewatch the Narnia movies. I started with The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe. I was hesitant on rewatching / starting with this one because it’s very familiar to me, but I’m glad I did. There’s a reason the story stands the test of time. I think the 1st 3rd is excellent, then it gets slow / generic in the middle, then picks up again when Aslan decides to make the sacrifice. I give this a 5/5
I bought the books in 1 volume last year & was reading some. I think this is a rare case where the movie’s better, but I think it’s very faithful to the book. The book is good tho & makes me want to read more of it.
(BTW this story was read to us in 3rd grade – a teacher would never get away w/ reading it in public schools today)

I watched Prince Caspian. This is the 4th time I’ve seen it. It’s a giant step back from the first they made. It reminds me of generic fantasy. But I did really like the scenes w/ the Pevensie children, & the religious allegories & messaging.
I agree the visuals are stunning (just like the first one) & the battle scenes are better than in the first. My problem w/ how Peter acts is they should have given his actions to Caspian. Caspian is sidelined for Peter, & a side-character in his own movie
I was paging thru the book & remember back when I first read it a long time ago loving the first few chapters, then just finding the rest generic. I think one of the reasons it comes across as generic is because it originally wasn’t: back when it first came out, it re-wrote the genre.
I’d give it a 3/5 but, it’s Narnia & I have a soft-spot for the Christian themes & high fantasy in general, so I’m biased & will round it up to a 4/5. But I recommend it if you’re a Narnia fan. I just found it mostly boring

Last edited:
Upvote 0