Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right now, I'm on hour 37 of no sleep and watching Cunk on Earth. It might sound a bit strange, but it feels like I'm watching an alien who's trying to create a documentary about Earth, having learned about it only from their own planet. And I am so tired, that all I can do is laugh like a lunatic.

• Haha
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟220,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One Piece!
Marine Rookiees arc just 3 episodes. Not much to it. Very filler-ish. I’m liking Carrot!

MLB: Oakland Athletics @ Detroit Tigers
I don’t get the channel the Tigers are on, so watched a replay of a game on ESPN+. It was an older game, right before the All-Star Break. Tigers won big, 9-0. Lot of doubles & singles, which is good (I don’t like it when they only score off home runs). Lorenzen pitched.
Lorenzen was the Tigers’ All-Star rep this season. They traded him away, unfortunately. I looked him up: Wikipedia says his family struggled w/ drugs, & he did too, but he became a Christian after he was read the Gospels in high school- & now he’s playing professional baseball. It also says the game after he returned from his dad passing away, he hit his first home run. Good story.

2023 Shriner’s Children 200 XFinity Series NASCAR race
Ty Gibbs led most of the race but was turned-around by Sam Mayer on the final lap, so Mayer won. Was disappointed, was hoping Gibbs would win after being so dominant. I think it was dirty but most fans seem pleased b/c Gibbs is apparently the dirty one. Passing interest in NASCAR, but this was a fun race all-around, w/ lot of good battles.
Also Gibbs had a He Gets Us car (I don’t completely know their theology, some of it looked like the social justice gospel when I looked at their website briefly)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
More Cheers tonight. I've finally entered the 1990s with this show. Now I'm hitting episodes that were aired around the time I was born. A little weird to think about. The writing has changed somewhat since it started... but the overall look still looks like an early 80s sitcom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟220,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve had ESPN on in the evening. Have seen some lacrosse, NFL pre-season, F1, & SportsCenter

The Sword in the Stone Disney movie
If you’re expecting some sort of epic fantasy quest type movie, you’re gonna be disappointed. The plot of the movie is Merlin teaching Arthur about the value of an education, gravity, physics, & the importance of reading. All good stuff, but this is an educational movie, not fun entertainment.
Educational movies can be good, but this isn’t what you’re expecting when you hear King Arthur, wizards, & fantasy kingdoms
On the other hand, it’s kind of refreshing we have to see him go thru so much learning, b/c in stories nowadays, the hero can always just do everything by default.
My favorite part of the movie is early on when Arthur is being introduced to Merlin. A dialogue-heavy scene w/ exposition just isn’t found in today’s family entertainment anymore - & even ‘adult’ entertainment. (we’ve been dumbed down).
3/5

Justice League Doom cartoon movie
This movie has a sequence where the League members are each confronting their villain. It cuts back & forth between them. This is done a lot in movies so it may not seem special, but it was really well done here, it knew exactly when to cut & how to order them, to build the most tension.
My least favorite part of the movie is Superman having to fly into space to turn a rocket from hurdling into the sun. That’s done a lot in these DC cartoon movies & I’m just bored of it.
This movie is heavy on action. I like action in movies, but this need a little more story. But the idea present, Batman’s concern for the League’s power, is really well done, just not enough of it! I really like the part where Superman confronts Batman at the end & Batman says the League is how to defeat him.
Also Bane buries Batman w/ his parents, wow!
I give this a 4/5

I watched the Peanut Butter Falcon. This movie is about a 'normal' man going on an adventure with a Downs man.
I really enjoyed the messages. The character Tyler is very abled & realizes he has to care for the character w/ Downs, Zack. Even tho he doesn't always want to. He shouldn't be put into an institution b/c he's capable of caring for him. He realizes he is more joyful as a result & so is Zack. The message is inspiring & applicable. Tyler goes thru trials first, like the passing on of his brother & getting fired. (As a single who would like to get married, I also noticed Tyler meets Eleanor in the middle, while busy w/ Zack & his trials).
My favorite scene was when Tyler asks Zack 'who told you you were retarded' b/c he was trying to tell Zack those people had no authority over truths. I also liked the main relationship was between Tyler & Zack, it's the very strong brother relationship that often gets neglected for romantic relationships.
I give this a 5/5 & recommend it to people who get tired of the same old 'follow your heart' & 'rebel against tradition' messages

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cheers. Surprised that Christine Cavanaugh plays a character on this episode. She voiced a lot of 1990s cartoon characters like Chuckie and Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory. Also Babe from the movie Babe, lol. She tragically died somewhat young about a decade ago.. This episode is hitting the feels real hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟220,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ghost Rider
I watched it w/ my buddy. It starts off slow, & I was originally hesitant on the concept (a motorbiker action movie just didn't seem interesting) but it gets more entertaining as it goes. It's a unique blend of action, superhero, horror, & Western. I loved the blending of different genres. The ending is intense! Action movies can be a dime-a-dozen, but I found the action scenes here stood out, I won't spoil them! There's a bit of humor but it's not over-the-top & frequent, it's overall very serious. A couple of the stunts & Johnny Blaze (Nicholas Cage) playing in front of the mirror, were 2 of my favorite scenes in addition to the ending 'boss battle.'
I reccomend this if you're looking for a bit of a twist on the above-mentioned genres & give it a 4/5

Baltimore Orioles @ Arizona Diamondbacks MLB game
Orioles won 8-5. Orioles got out to a 4-0 lead, D-Backs cut it to couple, then Orioles scored some more, final was 8-5.
The Orioles are really good, Diamondbacks fighting for Wild Card (hopefully they can make it!)

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
My NASCAR fan buddies like it so I decided to watch it. I thought it was a little too dirty for me, like it was written by ‘cool’ immature middle schoolers, but the non-dirty parts were entertaining. I was also expecting it to make fun of NASCAR, but it really doesn’t. My favorite part was how they finish the race, & the cougar in the car! I’m gonna give this a 4/5. I recommend it if you’re a NASCAR fan or like sports comedies & can look past immature humor.

My buddy showed me some episodes of Mork & Mindy. It’s very clear it’s meant to be a gay metaphor, but ‘it’s okay to be a bit different’ is applicable to Christians too. I also didn’t know this is where ‘Nanu Nanu’ comes from.

Started the One Piece Netflix series w/ buddies. I find it trying to be too edgy; it feels very Hollywood. The cast is good, the sets are good, it follows the plot good.....but it's too Americanized.

Upvote 0