United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Detroit Tigers @ New York Yankees MLB game
Cabrera’s last game at Yankee Stadium. He didn’t get on base, but the Tigers beat up on NY 10-3. 2 Home Runs by Torkelson (he is my Tiger). They also revealed this is the Tigers first win at New York since 2019

College Football. I flipped back & forth between a variety of games. I loved seeing Ohio University beat Iowa St. I always cheer for the ‘little guy’.

Werewolf by Night
The first half is boring. The second half is intense! There’s a lot of good horror elements in this. I love the black-and-white. I love how it's presented as a really old movie.
You can tell this part of the M-She-U, tho, where it felt like the werewolf man character was sidelined for the woman character who scored all the big wins & it's her story…….
I give this a 3/5. The M-She-U elements are forgivable in this, it just being largely boring isn’t. I recommend it if you like monster horror movies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
An Extremely Goofy Movie
I watched this growing up & this was a rewatch. I liked it growing up. Now I thought it was a little boring.
I just like seeing Goofy starring in a movie (Mickey, Goofy, Donald, etc. are under-used in movies). I think their ‘cool’ friend is hilarious. I liked the ending action sequence. I liked the segment where Goofy’s studying / exercising. I liked the scenes w/ Pete.
I noticed Goofy meets his girlfriend in the middle of the movie while he’s involved w/ Max, his job, etc. (This is something I’ve been noticing in movies: the heroes don’t just ‘get’ a girlfriend, the girl comes when the man (or dog-man in this case) is living life).
I recommend this movie if you like Goofy! I give this a 3/5

Princess Mononoke
The 1st 20 minutes I had a hard time getting into, but it gets better. It actually gets better & better as it goes. They call this kind of thing ‘a slow burn.’ Some of me wasn’t really wanting to watch a big epic fantasy, I like Studio Ghibli’s smaller scale movies, but once I warmed up I sat back & relaxed.
The movie is a Avatar / Pochantas story, which has been done to death, & it feels even preachier than those, & I get tired of ‘evil corporation / mankind doesn’t care about nature’ stories
BuT the way it’s done, it reminds me more of The Two Towers Isengard / Fangorn chapters. It makes me wonder if the writers were inspired by that. There’s also a lot of Zelda elements in this w/ forest spirits & gods & monsters.
I really enjoyed the encounter with the Forest Spirit at the end. He appears a couple other times, he’s fascinating. A gentle god playing such a large role in a movie is something that isn’t done too often & it’s refreshing
I liked Ashitaka & the princess.
I liked the quote in the movie: “You think you’re cursed? The whole world is cursed. The brothel worker & the emperor both”
I didn’t like the storybook ‘they all lived happily ever after w/ the forest’ ending.
The music is great. It’s beautiful to look at
I give this a 4/5. It’s really good, probably more a 4.5 if I used decimals in my ratings, but is missing something. Heart, maybe. & maybe a bit too on the nose with its lesson. If you like the save the trees kind of stories, you’ll really enjoy this.
Oh, & there’s a lot of blood & gore in this.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
I really really enjoyed this movie. It’s just a dumb action movie & I found it refreshing. I enjoyed it more than the first one. I didn’t like Ghost Rider as a concept, but these movies changed my mind. He’s an exciting character. The action scenes in these movies are really well done too. They’re easy for the eye to follow.
I give this a 5/5

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wonder Woman w/ Gal Gadot
There’s some really good scenes in this. Most of the scenes w/ her & Steve are excellent. The ending boss battle is intense. The depictions of the reality of war are very good. But I found it a little boring. I don’t think it’s this fantastic movie I thought it was going to be. I give this a 4/5 but recommend it if you like superhero movies.

I have a DVD of a few of the 90’s Spider-Man TV show episodes packaged as a movie & so will review it as such: The 2 Doc Ock ‘segments’ were good, the Green Goblin ‘segment’ good. The only weak one was the ending one. I didn’t recognize the villain (although he was pretty cool) & was too ‘got to teach the viewers a lesson’. Although it’s a good lesson. I’m gonna give this a 4/5 & recommend it to those who like cartoon superhero TV shows. The 90s Spider-Man show is my favorite

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines cartoon movie
I really liked this. Yes, Wonder Woman is cool herself, but I like how Steve Trevor gets a lot of action & heroism himself. Nowadays, they’d turn him into a bumbling buffoon. I liked how the girl (Silver Swan) becomes Goth due to external circumstances: it’s not who she is, it was pushed on her & she chose to embrace it. I recommend this if you like superhero cartoons. 4/5

More ESPN. Some each of: Women’s tennis, SportsCenter, NFL Monday Night Football, college volleyball, college football

College Football all Saturday afternoon

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It shouldn't come as a surprise when a Muslim friend or neighbor questions the origins and legitimacy of our faith. Unfortunately, however, not many of us are prepared with a thoughtful answer. It may even catch us off guard. Thankfully, much like when we share our beliefs with others, Muslims often mean well. Genuinely caring about us and our relationship with God. As such, it's all the more important for us to remain steadfast and ready to respond with truth and love.

None of the talking points in the following videos should be used to verbally attack our Muslim friends, or otherwise engage in Islamophobia. That would be counterproductive and potentially damaging to our relationships. Instead, think about how these points relate to our faith and our ability to engage in amiable dialog with others without becoming defensive or discouraged.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,012,728.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am watching the World Series now. Let's Go, Rangers!

1698465506021.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2 College Soccer games

College football

MLB Playoffs: Diamondbacks vs Dodgers game 3. Diamondbacks won to clinch the series. 4 homeruns in one winning, playoff record

MLB Playoffs: Diamondbacks vs Phillies game 5. Phillies won pretty easy

I watched bits & pieces of Diamondbacks vs Rangers game 5 & 5. Diamondbacks never in it

The Meg shark movie
I really liked this movie. It crosses Jurassic Park & Jaws. If you like either of these, you will like this. The suspense is very good. The action scenes are very good. I liked the lead characters. A couple downsides it’s a little longer than it needs to be & there’s a little too many characters. I give this a 4/5

Goosebumps movie
Overall I liked it. A couple of the characters were great. I’m not really a Jack Black fan but he hit it out of the park in this. Some of the monster scenes are really (the praying mantis, the yeti in the ice rink, even the gnomes which I didn’t like at first ended up being a great scene). I did get a little bored w/ it but it’s worth checking out if you like family-oriented monster movies. I give this a 4/5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
College football

Goosebumps 2 movie
I actually liked this one more than the 1st. I thought the doll was much creepier. I liked the idea all the Halloween decorations coming alive was an excellent concept. I thought it was entertaining. It’s not excellent, but I’m gonna give it a 5/5 anyways. (4.5 but I don’t do points so round it up to a 5!)

The Sandlot movie
It’s good. It’s ilke a summer version of A Christmas Story.
One of the things I really liked is the older kid who goes against what’s popular & wants to be a friend to the kid no one else does. I like how his mom challenges him to do stuff he can be uncomfortable doing. I like how he has the want to do things uncomfortable for him even tho it’s not easy for him. There’s some good messages in this. It’s also just a good time & funny.
I give it a 5/5

Scooby Doo & Batman The Brave & the Bold
Just a “simple” cartoon movie to relax to in the evening. I enjoyed all the twists at the end. I recommend this if you like Batman cartoons & Scooby Doo. I give this a 4/5.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,012,728.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday's Washington/Dallas football game. Given how it was Turkey Day for you Americans, I would call it fitting that all the NFL games played turned out to be turkeys. :p

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I want to try something like this! Not that I necessarily now, as I have too many other projects at the moment and I'm dealing with health issues, but maybe when I'm feeling better and have more time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0