New Hampshire
✟18,792.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you tried the fake meats that are out there? Err.. that sounds weird. But, there are lots of things, vege burgers, hot dogs, fake chicken nuggets, fake BBQ ribs, sausage, etc. Tons of things. I give them to my siblings when I cook, they're better for them and they cant taste the difference. ;) I feel left out at BBQs and camping out, so I bring the BBQ ribs and vegie dogs, they're pretty tasty. :yum:

Upvote 0

PandaBear

Jan 3, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
✟16,056.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Gardenia said:
Have you tried the fake meats that are out there? Err.. that sounds weird. But, there are lots of things, vege burgers, hot dogs, fake chicken nuggets, fake BBQ ribs, sausage, etc. Tons of things. I give them to my siblings when I cook, they're better for them and they cant taste the difference. ;) I feel left out at BBQs and camping out, so I bring the BBQ ribs and vegie dogs, they're pretty tasty. :yum:

Yeah, the temptation is more active for me to break my diet in restaurants or if someone is cooking something that has meat in it. Next step I guess!

Upvote 0

rebel_conservative

Baruch HaShem! Praise G-d!
Feb 5, 2005
✟26,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebel_conservative

Baruch HaShem! Praise G-d!
Feb 5, 2005
✟26,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
crossrunner said:
Lacto-ovo for over 10 years now...only meat I've eaten has been by accident (its happened about 3 times since I became a veggie) ;) Checking in! :D

my nan tried to make me eat oxtail soup once... and I wouldn't. she wasn't trying to make me eat meat or anything... my mum came to pick us up and said, "what did you try to give him that for???"
my nan said, "what? there's no meat in it. its just Oxo's" ...
"what are the bits in it?"
"...carrots."
"carrots...? its ox.. tail.... as in the tail of an ox..."
"oh... right..."

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I choose to not eat meat except for seafood once in awhile so technically I can not say I am a vegetarian but in today's world most people who eat meat would consider me one even though by definition I'm not.:) It amazes me how many people can't think of what we eat. I get asked that more then anything. "What in the world do you eat then"? Perplexes me. What do they eat just meat?:scratch: There are also lots of recipes that taste the same if you leave the meat out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pluto

Dec 31, 2004
✟8,963.00
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Hi here to check in,

I'm a vegetarian, I've been one for awhile now, about 6 months, I've been vegetarian a few times before but my family and friends kept preesuring me to stop, thankfully they don't anymore they all support me except for my mum, but I think she is offended because I used to love her sausage rolls and

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't eat them anymore. lol oops sorry mummy.:kiss::kiss::kiss:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
I

InTheFlame

Raised vegetarian? That would be interesting. Are you free of that soy fetish that grips many converted veg*ns now and then? :) (sometimes I just NEED to cook soy sausages and mashed potatoes!)

I'm an almost-strict vegetarian... ie. eat no meat, no seafood, and the only milk and egg I eat is in cake I don't cook myself (no cream or cheesecake - make me sick these days). I converted to get healthier, and nowadays (6 years on) find the idea of eating meat repulsive. Bluck. I don't buy leather accessories except for shoes... because I have weird feet and it's hell buying shoes as it is... and the only vegan shoe shop in Aus is approx. 2000km away.

My hubby is ummm... a part-time vegetarian :p Eats whatever I cook at home, and often buys meat dishes when we go out to dinner. Much though I'd love him to convert too, he's a big boy and will make his own decisions. At least he likes my cooking :D

Upvote 0

fanatiquefou

you know, for kids!
Jun 19, 2004
Indiana
✟3,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm vegetarian, too, have been for almost two years now. Right now I'm ovo-lacto, but I've been majorly cutting down on eggs and dairy products lately. The hardest thing for me to give up is cheese! I've tried a few soy 'cheeses' and they taste horrible, plus I guess most of them have casein in them, so they're not dairy-free anyway.

Do any of the rest of you get flack from fellow Christians about your vegetarianism? Sometimes I get so sick of defending myself. It's as some people think that 'good' Christians should eat lots and lots of disgusting, unhealthy meat. Blech.

Upvote 0
I

InTheFlame

fanatique - I DON'T tend to get flack from other christians. If someone starts, they back off fast :D

Here's some useful tidbits:
He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
Romans 14:6
The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
Romans 14:3
It is fairly widely accepted (but by no means unanimously, I'm sure) that humans did not eat meat in the garden of eden. God gave Adam and Eve the fruit of the trees to eat. Jesus came to free us from the burden of sin and death imposed by Adam and Eve's sin... and I see vegetarianism as a wonderful symbol of that freedom given by Jesus. We do not need to offer blood sacrifices to God anymore... the ultimate blood sacrifice has already been paid.

It's also fairly commonly thought that on the 'new earth' to be created by God (have a look at Revelations), that vegetarianism will be the order of the day... no more death, no more violence. Of course, this takes you into the murky waters of eschatology...

Upvote 0