Tights are Not Pants! Neither are leggings!

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I constantly, literally all the time, wear shorts and tights. Yet I wear dresses, thigh/knee length, or those long shirts and big puffy, fluffly, super cuddly jumpers! I do feel a bit - eeehhh!!! - when people where such short dresses and just tights that in even the slightest breeze you can see - y'know! I think style should be whatever you want! ^^ But just have respect for yourself to not show everything . . . .

i like what you said but i dont think if u show everything that means u dont have respect for yourself. do u mean like getting fully naked or just having clothes on like tights or leggings that show a bit more than like pants would?!?!? i think leggings would work great as pants but actually for me, thats too much, maybe if I cut them into shorts that would be good but i still think i only wanna wear miniskirts!!!

Upvote 0

fortruth73

Feb 21, 2024
Lakewood, Ok
✟8,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what about those shiny tight pants like faux-lether or pvc - vinyl ? are those considered pants or leggings ? they are form fitting but not as thin as regular leggings, they're pretty thick.
they've became very popular lately.
here are 2 examples of our sisters-in-Christ wearing them while worshiping:

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of these leggings are tailored so a seam runs deeply between the cheeks. that's purely a "fashion" design. Those are certainly intended to be worn without anything covering them. Women say they're more comfortable...as a dude, I can't see anything snuggling that tightly into my crevices being comfortable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of these leggings are tailored so a seem runs deeply between the cheeks. that's purely a "fashion" design. Those are certainly intended to be worn without anything covering them. Women say they're more comfortable...as a dude, I can't see anything snuggling that tightly into my crevices being comfortable.
We had a waitress serve us wearing that style. It was not appropriate. :eek:

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2022
New England
✟9,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There.

I said it.

IMHO leggings should be worn with the same discretion you use when going barelegged, which is what should be used when wearing tights or hose. Opaque is NOT 100%, and some people clearly don't get it. There is sometimes Too Much Information available.
Agreed. I with all women would go back to wearing dresses and skirts as they used to with stockings/leggings what ever you need to keep warm underneath as they used to..

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sadly genuine Christians are too scared to say they’re not appropriate. They are not appropriate. It is how the pagans dress
And Christians. This is how youngish Americans dress. If you don't like it, don't look.

Upvote 0