Tights are Not Pants! Neither are leggings!

Tomyris

IntergalacticCouchPotato in Search of PerfectCouch
Nov 18, 2012
Not Far from Peculiar (Missouri)
✟16,025.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There.

I said it.

IMHO leggings should be worn with the same discretion you use when going barelegged, which is what should be used when wearing tights or hose. Opaque is NOT 100%, and some people clearly don't get it. There is sometimes Too Much Information available.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Real leggings, such as the kind we wore when I was in my late teens/early 20's were not glorified stockings the way they are now. They were made out of a heavier, knit material, which made them thicker, stronger, & definitely NOT see-through. You can still buy that type, if you know where to find them. And darn straight, we DID wear them as pants, under longish tops and shirts. I practically lived in them as a result of going to dance class several nights a week, and black was the only acceptable color for them as far as I was concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟175,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You may have been confused. I see YOGA PANTS, but never LEGGINGS alone.

Lucky you. I can't unsee all the mess I've been exposed to by the sartorially challenged in my neck of the woods.

Upvote 0

Tomyris

IntergalacticCouchPotato in Search of PerfectCouch
Nov 18, 2012
Not Far from Peculiar (Missouri)
✟16,025.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Lucky you. I can't unsee all the mess I've been exposed to by the sartorially challenged in my neck of the woods.

It's not just thickness of the material. Some women simply cannot pull off the look (2X Leggings??). Some should not even try. And some leggings are so tight as to be too anatomically descriptive. And I've been seeing them with a short top...

Boots + leggings + long top = very cute on almost anyone.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Keep in mind, the style changes with the generation. I can definitely agree with how most women dress these days though. My girlfriend's sister and her friend? Pretty much epitomize the definition of the tight leggings and short top. Interestingly enough both have quite the reputation in my area. Sadly my girlfriend is at times caught up in it though but her personality is vastly different from her sister's.

I keep the slightly sagged skinny jeans, neff beanie and drug rug rocking all the time~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

leiriko

Feb 6, 2013
E n g l a n d
✟7,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I constantly, literally all the time, wear shorts and tights. Yet I wear dresses, thigh/knee length, or those long shirts and big puffy, fluffly, super cuddly jumpers! I do feel a bit - eeehhh!!! - when people where such short dresses and just tights that in even the slightest breeze you can see - y'know! I think style should be whatever you want! ^^ But just have respect for yourself to not show everything . . . .

Upvote 0

bestlaser

Mar 7, 2013
✟15,112.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
There.

I said it.

IMHO leggings should be worn with the same discretion you use when going barelegged, which is what should be used when wearing tights or hose. Opaque is NOT 100%, and some people clearly don't get it. There is sometimes Too Much Information available.

i think No matter what the style you like is important. ::p

Upvote 0

lenamuo

Mar 11, 2013
Australia
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There.

I said it.

I agree. Never really treated them as pants. I wear them with a skirt or shorts in winter here from where I live Pants to me are separate clothing and not to be worn under some other clothing. But leggings and tights you can, in my opinion.

Upvote 0