There must be a twisting of Scripture to deceive God's people.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think anyone here would doubt you on that point.

How glad we call can be that EVEN the following pro-Sunday sources admit to the basic Bible doctrine that God's TEN Commandments are still applicable to the saints to this very day.
hogwash

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't keep the Sabbath.... I find it a meaningless gesture of mockery when Jesus fulfilled ALL the obligation the Law had upon EVERYONE on the cross.

I find not killing people, not sleeping around, not lying, not worshiping other gods, not stealing, obey my parents all meaningless gestures of mockery when Jesus fulfilled it ALL. Do you hear how silly that sounds?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I find not killing people, not sleeping around, not lying, not worshiping other gods, not stealing, obey my parents all meaningless gestures of mockery when Jesus fulfilled it ALL. Do you hear how silly that sounds?
I find those who think the Law stops people from killing others sleeping around, lying, worshiping other Gods, stealing and disobeying their parents are rather naive when the Bible itself says the Law was ineffective in doing so. The only way to stop people sinning via the Law is to execute them via stoning when they sin so they won't sin any more.
Those who proclaim the Law some sort of cure for sin are fooling themselves.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

I find those who think the Law stops people from killing others sleeping around, lying, worshiping other Gods, stealing and disobeying their parents are rather naive when the Bible itself says the Law was ineffective in doing so. The only way to stop people sinning via the Law is to execute them via stoning when they sin so they won't sin any more.
:thumbsup: QFT!

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How about having God write His Law in your heart and mind and then giving you His powerful Spirit to help you. And then to cap it off how about He fill you with His love. Hmmm, sounds like the New Covenant. The scary part is that without all that I just said, you have no New Covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
How about having God write His Law in your heart and mind and then giving you His powerful Spirit to help you. And then to cap it off how about He fill you with His love. Hmmm, sounds like the New Covenant. The scary part if that without all that I just said, you have no New Covenant.
Prove that the law written upon the heart is 613 commandments.... as I've seen no proof the 10 is divorced from the other 613. I've seen no proof that the Mosaic Law was written upon the heart. If you aren't writting all 613 it isn't the Law but a twisted version of it. Not even the SDA completely divorce the 10 from the 613 by dragging out dietary laws of the mix.
The New Covenant is not about the Law but salvation through Jesus and Jesus ONLY. It isn't about keeping commandments but keeping faith in Jesus and trying to love your neighbor and God.
The scary part is you are trying to enforce a contract between the Jews (Israel) and God upon those whom are given a New contract between God and the believing (saved) world.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Covenant is not about the Law but salvation through Jesus and Jesus ONLY. It isn't about keeping commandments but keeping faith in Jesus and trying to love your neighbor and God.

The New Covenant is about God writing His Law on your heart. It's about being empowered to love God and neighbor as God defines loving Him and neighbor. Every sin and crime committed in the world has its root in the Ten Commandments. The Spirit of God, through the new birth, will lead you based on what God has said through Jesus Christ. If you find 613 laws in the teachings of Jesus then by all means obey them.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian

The New Covenant is about God writing His Law on your heart. It's about being empowered to love God and neighbor as God defines loving Him and neighbor. Every sin and crime committed in the world has its root in the Ten Commandments. The Spirit of God, through the new birth, will lead you based on what God has said through Jesus Christ. If you find 613 laws in the teachings of Jesus then by all means obey them.
Until you show me scripture what law is written on the heart you have nothing but conjecture and are again twisting scripture equating that there is only one set of laws ever between God and men. I say God made laws prior to the 10 commandments for men but didn't write them down on stone. You cannot dissect the 10 commandments out of the Mosaic Law and write it on the heart either all the Mosaic Law or nothing lest you tear at the holiness of it.
The law written on the heart is simple it is the two greatest commandments given by Jesus... Love God and Love your Neighbor.
The fact you can't find 613 commandments written by Jesus in the NT makes it a scripture twisting job for you to demand compliance to the Mosaic Law of which an integral part IS the 10 commandments. This is how those who purport that Christians must obey the 10 commandments deceive others. They contend that the 10 are SEPARATE from the Law but in reality one was NOT seen innocent by obeying just them. People were held to be guilty of ALL 613 commandments not just the 10.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Until you show me scripture what law is written on the heart you have nothing but conjecture and are again twisting scripture equating that there is only one set of laws ever between God and men. I say God made laws prior to the 10 commandments for men but didn't write them down on stone. You cannot dissect the 10 commandments out of the Mosaic Law and write it on the heart either all the Mosaic Law or nothing lest you tear at the holiness of it.
The law written on the heart is simple it is the two greatest commandments given by Jesus... Love God and Love your Neighbor.
The fact you can't find 613 commandments written by Jesus in the NT makes it a scripture twisting job for you to demand compliance to the Mosaic Law of which an integral part IS the 10 commandments. This is how those who purport that Christians must obey the 10 commandments deceive others. They contend that the 10 are SEPARATE from the Law but in reality one was NOT seen innocent by obeying just them. People were held to be guilty of ALL 613 commandments not just the 10.

Loving God and loving neighbor is the loyal law but the royal law is defined by the Ten Commandments.

James 2:8-11 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

It's common sense. Follow the teachings of Jesus and you will be all set.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Loving God and loving neighbor is the loyal law but the royal law is defined by the Ten Commandments.

James 2:8-11 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

Jesus didn't bring, teach nor promote the law.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

How about having God write His Law in your heart and mind and then giving you His powerful Spirit to help you. And then to cap it off how about He fill you with His love. Hmmm, sounds like the New Covenant. The scary part is that without all that I just said, you have no New Covenant.
The part that bothers me very much is your implication its the Ten Commandments. If this is so God has never loved me because I find no desire to keep the 4th of the very famous 10. So some one is lying or I have absolutely no hope. If this is true you're wasting your time.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't bring, teach nor promote the law.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

If you do away with God's Law then there is no need for grace. And also notice how grace and TRUTH came through Jesus. Jesus did not do away with the Law, He taught us how to keep it in light of loving God and loving neighbor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian

You can have the Law because if you break one of 613 commandments you have broken the 10 commandments according to it and we know you don't subscribe to keeping the 613.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can have the Law because if you break one of 613 commandments you have broken the 10 commandments according to it and we know you don't subscribe to keeping the 613.

Whatever you say outside of what Jesus taught has no value. I follow Jesus and His teachings. Show me where Jesus taught about Sunday. Just one verse will do. You must have hundreds of verses since you defend Sunday with tooth and nail.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
If you do away with God's Law then there is no need for grace. And also notice how grace and TRUTH came through Jesus. Jesus did not do away with the Law, He taught us how to keep it in light of loving God and loving neighbor.
One has to be out from under the Law to receive the fullness of God's Grace. Jesus didn't do away with the Law for those who choose it, he made for a better way APART from the Law which doesn't require adherence to it whatsoever to follow God. You can pretend to keep the Law for the sake of your salvation I consider it an impossible and foolish task that is unworthy of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross where he fulfilled ANY obligation ANYONE has to the Law for those who BELIEVE in him. BELIEVE and be saved, not believe and keep the 10 commandments and be saved.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Whatever you say outside of what Jesus taught has no value. I follow Jesus and His teachings. Show me where Jesus taught about Sunday. Just one verse will do. You must have hundreds of verses since you defend Sunday with tooth and nail.
Prove I don't follow Jesus teachings. Prove anyone here is REPLACING the Sabbath with Sunday....... PROVE IT.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Yes sir. The rest of the Bible is of no value.;) Now where did you say Jesus said to keep the Sabbath? Three years and counting the refusal to post such a verse by your camp.

Last edited:
Upvote 0