Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The foreign policy establishment that once thrived under the control of both political parties has used Big Tech and the Biden administration to codify a “war on wrongthink” that stifles dissent from the elites’ narrative, a journalist and an online censorship analyst warned.

“What we’re up against here are not pink-haired, ambi-gendered LGBT-BLM-maximizing identitarian politics when we’re talking about censorship on the internet,” Michael Benz, a former State Department official under President Donald Trump and founder of the Foundation for Freedom Online, said Tuesday at an Oversight Project event at The Heritage Foundation.
It’s not “partisan politics” driving censorship, said Benz, but “the foreign policy establishment.” Conservatives and populists “don’t think about the American empire, they don’t think about the managers of the American empire, which is the foreign policy establishment, our State Department, our Pentagon, our intelligence services.”
“When you go upstream on internet censorship and what’s driving it, you will find that foreign policy establishment,” Benz argued.

Benjamin Weingarten, editor-at-large at RealClearInvestigations, also attributed “the leading edge of all the attacks on Donald Trump as an avatar for tens of millions of dissenting Americans” to the administrative state and the “deep state” within it. (The “deep state” refers to bureaucrats who oppose the agenda of the duly-elected president.) These entrenched bureaucrats “felt most threatened that [Trump] would upend the uniparty foreign policy blob,” he said.
“You also had the tech companies identify that what happened in 2016 could never happen again,” Weingarten said, referring to both the Brexit referendum and Trump’s election victory.

“They kind of used the pretext of Russian mis-, dis-, and malinformation, grafting a Cold War paradigm” to define a new enemy—Americans who disagree with their agenda, he said. “We are the enemy that’s engaging in wrongthink that threatens to undermine their power.”

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,450,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard the Heritage Foundation has gone off the rails.....content like this confirms it.
“What we’re up against here are not pink-haired, ambi-gendered LGBT-BLM-maximizing identitarian politics when we’re talking about censorship on the internet,” Michael Benz, a former State Department official under President Donald Trump and founder of the Foundation for Freedom Online, said Tuesday at an Oversight Project event at The Heritage Foundation.
It’s not “partisan politics” driving censorship, said Benz, but “the foreign policy establishment.” Conservatives and populists “don’t think about the American empire, they don’t think about the managers of the American empire, which is the foreign policy establishment, our State Department, our Pentagon, our intelligence services.”
“When you go upstream on internet censorship and what’s driving it, you will find that foreign policy establishment,” Benz argued.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I've heard the Heritage Foundation has gone off the rails.....content like this confirms it.

I love getting lectures about misinformation and "wrongthink" from a crowd that both promoted the Jan 6 lies and tried to boycott Bud Light when they hired a trans spokesperson.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love getting lectures about misinformation and "wrongthink" from a crowd that both promoted the Jan 6 lies and tried to boycott Bud Light when they hired a trans spokesperson.
Well, I do not like the trans ideology that much (when we can focus on reducing poverty and reducing global warming as a society), but I totally agree with you on Jan 6. January 6, 2021 was a terror attack that should have never happened. Alright, I am gonna leave this thread before the trans supporters attack me, and Jan 6 Magadonian rioters dismember me.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟76,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is the response which I expected the liberals to have.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,450,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Conservatives and populists “don’t think about the American empire, they don’t think about the managers of the American empire, which is the foreign policy establishment, our State Department, our Pentagon, our intelligence services.”
“When you go upstream on internet censorship and what’s driving it, you will find that foreign policy establishment,”

So to be clear Vambram, you agree with the author that the US State Department, Pentagon and our intelligence services are the "establishment", "the deep state" and any other label of the day?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think I am a liberal?
I have no idea @Vambram thought that you are a liberal. From your other posts @wing2000, you seem more to be a centrist, neither far left liberal nor far right conservative. I am a centrist on certain things also, liberal on specific things, and a slight conservative on other stuff.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟76,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you think I am a liberal?
I apologize. From the content of your various posts I have read, I had thought that you were a liberal.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟76,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So to be clear Vambram, you agree with the author that the US State Department, Pentagon and our intelligence services are the "establishment", "the deep state" and any other label of the day?
I believe that there is a clear history of the people in the US State Department, as well as people in the Pentagon and CIA who have their own interests at heart instead of that of the American citizens.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,450,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I apologize. From the content of your various posts I have read, I had thought that you were a liberal.

No need to apologize. I think you will find there is a broad spectrum of views represented by those of us who reject liberal or conservative labels.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No need to apologize. I think you will find there is a broad spectrum of views represented by those of us who reject liberal or conservative labels.
Hey bro, can we be friends here? We both reject the labels of liberal and conservative. :) My name's Alex.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums