Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This doesn't address anything I have posted in response to your claims. Only a tiny fraction of light from the sun reaches the earth, and what does is practically parallel, within half a degree.

Either provide some evidence backing up your earlier claims or admit you were wrong and move on.
You mean strikes the earth, all the light from the sun reaches earth along that tiny fraction in the particular path. Light doesn't bend so the angel seen observed through the clouds is caused by the curvature of earth. Because the clouds are high above light passing through is mapping the earth basically.

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean strikes the earth, all the light from the sun reaches earth along that tiny fraction in the particular path. Light doesn't bend so the angel seen observed through the clouds is caused by the curvature of earth. Because the clouds are high above light passing through is mapping the earth basically.
Sorry but many websites such as these disagree with your explanation:

"The rays appear to diverge because of perspective effects, like the parallel furrows of freshly ploughed fields or a road wide at your feet yet apparently narrowing with distance."

"Crepuscular rays may appear to fan across the sky, but the rays are really parallel to each other. The sunbeams appear to diverge, much as a road that looks narrow in the distance appears wide beneath your feet."

"The shadows are not quite parallel because, although the sun is ~93 million miles away, it is so large that its globe appears 0.5º across. Rays consequently spread up to 0.25º each side of the mean direction. This causes the 'umbral' or absolutely unlit parts of cloud shadows to narrow slightly with increasing distance from the cloud."

"What you describe is an optical illusion. When the sun shines through gaps in the cloud you will see several parallel rays coming towards you. Because they are coming towards you, they will appear to diverge, just like railway track appear to diverge as they come towards you. But with railway tracks we can see that they are coming towards us, because they are on the the ground. With the parallel rays of sunlight, there are no clues, and we see them as shining down, and so being non-parallel. Its an optical illusion."

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,189,975.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So instead of providing evidence you give your opinion. Wonderful.
No links to a reputable site, no book references, just you basically repeating what has already been challenged.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟280,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a load of complete utter drivel; are you now making things up to make a point or so deluded to as to be blinded by confirmation bias, relying on sources which promote misinformation and disinformation?

Here is an unpleasant fact for you since the earth is a spherical object which rotates about an axis it conforms to the physics of a spinning top where the rotation axis undergoes precession.
This causes the axis to shift, five thousand years ago the pole star was Thuban - Wikipedia not Polaris, the Egyptians knew this by aligning one of the ventilation shafts to the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid to Thuban.

Then there is the discovery of the Solar apex - Wikipedia by William Herschel in the 18th century where the solar system is moving relative to the Milky Way.
The solar apex is located at RA 18h 03m 50.2s, dec +30° 00′ 16.8".
These days the science of Astrometry - Wikipedia is so precise stellar motion not attributed to the earth's rotation can be detected in very short periods of time.
Here is a history and future positions of the northern pole star.
Traditional
V
notes
Alpha LyraeVega0.026Lyrawithin 5°used to be the North Star at about 12,000 BC; and will become the North Star at 14,500 AD
Iota Herculis3.75Herculeswithin 4°used to be the North Star at about 9,000 BC; and will become the North Star at 15,000 AD
Tau Herculis3.89Herculeswithin 1°was the pole star in 7,400 BC, will be again around 18,400 AD
Iota DraconisEdasich3.29Dracowithin 5°used to be the North Star at about 4,420 BC
Alpha DraconisThuban3.65Dracowithin 0.1°used to be the North Star at about 3,000 BC
Kappa Draconis3.82Dracowithin 6°a near-north star, shares timing with Kochab
Beta Ursae MinorisKochab2.08Ursa Minorwithin 7°used to be the North Star at about 1,100 BC
Alpha Ursae MinorisPolaris1.98Ursa Minorwithin 0.5°the current North Star
Gamma CepheiErrai3.21Cepheuswithin 3°will become the North Star at about 3,100 AD
Iota Cephei3.51Cepheuswithin 5°shares timing with Beta Cephei
Beta CepheiAlfirk3.51Cepheuswithin 5°will become the North Star at about 5,900 AD
Alpha CepheiAlderamin2.51Cepheuswithin 3°will become the North Star at about 7,500 AD
Alpha CygniDeneb1.25Cygnuswithin 7°will become the North Star at about 9,800 AD
Delta CygniFawaris2.87Cygnuswithin 3°will become the North Star at about 11,250 AD

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but many websites such as these disagree with your explanation:

"The rays appear to diverge because of perspective effects, like the parallel furrows of freshly ploughed fields or a road wide at your feet yet apparently narrowing with distance."

"Crepuscular rays may appear to fan across the sky, but the rays are really parallel to each other. The sunbeams appear to diverge, much as a road that looks narrow in the distance appears wide beneath your feet."

"The shadows are not quite parallel because, although the sun is ~93 million miles away, it is so large that its globe appears 0.5º across. Rays consequently spread up to 0.25º each side of the mean direction. This causes the 'umbral' or absolutely unlit parts of cloud shadows to narrow slightly with increasing distance from the cloud."

"What you describe is an optical illusion. When the sun shines through gaps in the cloud you will see several parallel rays coming towards you. Because they are coming towards you, they will appear to diverge, just like railway track appear to diverge as they come towards you. But with railway tracks we can see that they are coming towards us, because they are on the the ground. With the parallel rays of sunlight, there are no clues, and we see them as shining down, and so being non-parallel. Its an optical illusion."

Optical illusion, yes and no. The sun rays through the clouds appear as exaggerated angels the illusion. The photo illustrates how sun light strikes the sphere earth.
1-9-Eratosthenes-1200x996.jpg

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,189,975.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Optical illusion, yes and no. The sun rays through the clouds appear as exaggerated angels the illusion. The photo illustrates how sun light strikes the sphere earth.
This doesn't demonstrate what you claim to be happening.

The distance between Syene and Alexandria is approximately 500 miles. The distance between the gaps in the clouds forming crepuscular rays is likely around a mile or less but orders of magnitude further away. The illusion is caused because our brains have no reference to judge the distance to the gaps in the clouds, which are both high in altitude and very far distant. Our brains think the gaps are as distant as the horizon when they are in fact much further away.

Reactions: Phil G
Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 345811
Your diagrams have no impact on the fact that any parallel lines (or almost parallel lines) will be seen to diverge towards the observer. It's a simple fact and is by far the most observable when looking at the sun's rays.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Polaris does not move it is in the middle.
The 'north pole' is in the middle of the dome around us. Sigma is a star at one far end of the domes wall.
Why doesn't it move?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tell that to the Voyager probes.
Whew, the two Voyager probes (NASA link) are over 20 billion km (12.5 billion miles) from Earth. If that distance isn't enough to prove that the universe is made of empty space, then I do not know what can get through a flat-Earther's Mr. glass sky cherry pick a random verse's skull.

Probe telemetry
1713152389831.png

Probe Schematics
1713152428025.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟243,486.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
How do flat-Earthers account for the behavior of magnetic compass needles?
Is that a problem? They point to a location in Canada that moves around a bit. Presumably they acknowledge a magnetic field, or is making any presumptions as to their beliefs an act of ill-considered madness? :)

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
f that distance isn't enough to prove that the universe is made of empty space
That website you gave [ Voyager - Mission Status ] does not even have good programming,
it is just hooked into your computer clock not any actual time keeping.
You can see so for yourself by changing the time on your computer and then refreshing that page, it will give different results,
here are images of me doing it. It is not sincerely tracking anything, it is a webpage with cartoon animations on it, syncing with your computers clock not a satellite.

I could do a better job myself, having it time sync to a time coming from a central server, they did not even do that,
the page is designed to fool the dumbed down masses.

Here is the proof, like I said, please try it yourself, the page is simply synced to your own computers clock.

Nasa in Hebrew means "to deceive" and that is what they do.

Time shown at real 7:02 (this post was posted around 7:11 to 7:15, right now it is 7:11 on my clock)

6 mins 20 secs.jpg

I changed my clock to 7:00 and refreshed the page, and this is what it showed, please notice that the miles changed too!

4mins 47 secs.jpg

Next I changed back to real time which was 7:05, I took an image of doing so
changingBackToTheRealTime.jpg

Changed back to real time which was 7:05 (it is 7:13 now)

changedBack.jpg

I put 7:05 and it went to 7:06 automatically with time, it is now 7:14
The page is complete b.s. Nasa is an agency of deception.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That website you gave does not even have good programming, it is just hooked into your computer clock not any actual time keeping.
You can see so for yourself by changing the time on your computer and then refreshing that page, it will give different results,
here are images of me doing it. It is not sincerely tracking anything, it is a webpage with cartoon animations on it, syncing with your computers clock not a satellite.

I could do a better job myself, having it time sync to a time coming from a central server, they did not even do that,
the page is designed to fool the dumbed down masses.

Here is the proof, like I said, please try it yourself, the page is simply synced to your own computers clock.

Time shown at real 7:02 (this post was posted around 7:11 to 7:15, right now it is 7:11 on my clock)

View attachment 346393

I changed my clock to 7:00 and refreshed the page, and this is what it showed, please notice that the miles changed too!

View attachment 346394

Next I changed back to real time which was 7:05, I took an image of doing so
View attachment 346395

Changed back to real time which was 7:05 (it is 7:13 now)

View attachment 346396

I put 7:05 and it went to 7:06 automatically with time, it is now 7:14
The page is complete b.s. Nasa is an agency of deception.
I'm not gonna talk to science deniers, so I am leaving this thread.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not gonna talk to science deniers, so I am leaving this thread.
I do not deny true science, Ariy's experiment failed to prove that the earth is moving, and shows that the earth is stationary.
The website given clearly is a fraud, proven by how it works. You have no proof that anything is billions of miles away.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,334.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do not deny true science, Ariy's experiment failed to prove that the earth is moving, and shows that the earth is stationary.
The website given clearly is a fraud, proven by how it works. You have no proof that anything is billions of miles away.
True science as per your definition.

Those who know real (actual) science
are aware that science does not deal in proof.

"Learn to crawl, before you try to run!"
( with the big boys n girls)

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

NASA is not a hebrew word. It is an initialism of four *English* words: National. Aeronautic. and Space. Administration. It is spelled with all capital letters NASA, though commonly spoken as if a word rather than reading out the initials: N. A. S. A.

• Winner
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟938,336.00
Faith
Atheist
NASA is not a hebrew word. It is an initialism of four *English* words: National. Aeronautic. and Space. Administration. It is spelled with all capital letters NASA, though commonly spoken as if a word rather than reading out the initials: N. A. S. A.

Indeed. The word cited from Strong's concordance cannot even be remotely pronounced as NASA.

(N.b., The guy Dan McClellan is responding to uses a "bad" word.)

Upvote 0