Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Colonel Jeffrey Williams has just retired from NASA. He's seen and photographed the earth from space. He is a committed Christian. If you are FE or need convincing that the earth is a globe, please watch the interview.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟459,863.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i had a program made by aficionados decades ago, that i used to locate planets to watch with my binoculars, that pointed out the position of stars and earth, predicting their movement for even thousands of years back and forth, and you could look at the positions of planet and stars, and go outside, and they were exactly where the program predicted they would be, this program was not connected to the internet, this is possible because they understand, whatthe solar system and stars are doing, the flat earth model is just fantasy.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1704666224295.png

Upvote 0

johansen

Sep 13, 2023
silverdale
✟6,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I just have to ask: Is FE really a thing and not a bunch of people pulling someone's leg?
i know of a guy who is a drug addict, and appears to indeed believe the earth is flat. the beliefs came before the drug use afaik.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Colonel Jeffrey Williams has just retired from NASA. He's seen and photographed the earth from space. He is a committed Christian. If you are FE or need convincing that the earth is a globe, please watch the interview.
-
Instead of using sinful man to make your point about God's creation. Why do you not use The Bible, I know why but you will not admit it. Because there is no creation descriptions in The Bible supporting a deceptive globe earth.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
-
Instead of using sinful man to make your point about God's creation. Why do you not use The Bible, I know why but you will not admit it. Because there is no creation descriptions in The Bible supporting a deceptive globe earth.
The Bible does not say the earth is flat. That's why. You also are a sinful man. So why should I take any notice of what you say? It does not matter who is speaking, truth is still truth. Why can't you accept the proof before you very eyes, something that has been known for over 2,000 and confirmed by countless scientific and empirical observations? 2+2=4. The Bible does not say that either. But it is a fact. The earth is a globe. That is a fact. Get over it.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay, I just have to ask: Is FE really a thing and not a bunch of people pulling someone's leg?
Unfortunately, yes. And there are FE adherents all around the globe. Maybe it started as a joke, but it's serious now.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, yes. And there are FE adherents all around the globe. Maybe it started as a joke, but it's serious now.
I don’t get it. If you stand where you have a descent horizon on a partly cloudy day, the proportion of the visible cloud base to the visible distance from the base to the top seems to increase as they near the horizon. That’s because the cloud is tilted in respect to an observer due to the curvature of the earth. The oft cited seeing the masts of ships at sea before the ship itself is visible is another. Even the distance of the horizon on level terrain shows the curvature of the earth, especially how it increases with the elevation of the observer. An observer of a total lunar eclipse can see a curved shadow spreading across the moon, and subsequent observations shows that curved shadow doesn’t become noticeably more elliptical even though the eclipses occur at different times.

None of the things above require sophisticated instruments or knowledge of trigonometry. All it requires is simple observation. There’s a reason the earth was known to be a globe centuries before Christ’s birth.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don’t get it. If you stand where you have a descent horizon on a partly cloudy day, the proportion of the visible cloud base to the visible distance from the base to the top seems to increase as they near the horizon. That’s because the cloud is tilted in respect to an observer due to the curvature of the earth. The oft cited seeing the masts of ships at sea before the ship itself is visible is another. Even the distance of the horizon on level terrain shows the curvature of the earth, especially how it increases with the elevation of the observer. An observer of a total lunar eclipse can see a curved shadow spreading across the moon, and subsequent observations shows that curved shadow doesn’t become noticeably more elliptical even though the eclipses occur at different times.

None of the things above require sophisticated instruments or knowledge of trigonometry. All it requires is simple observation. There’s a reason the earth was known to be a globe centuries before Christ’s birth.
Yep. I showed a photo of an amazing cloud formation that is only seen in Australia. It is like a roll, and can extend for 1,000 km. The photo shows the cloud touching the ground, which of course is impossible. FE people are beyond logic, reason and even actual observation.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Even something as simple as night time would be impossible on a flat earth but they still refuse to acknowledge it. Point out that Australia is not bigger than Asia as their map indicates and South America isn’t four times bigger than North America and they still don’t care. Sunsets and sunrises would be impossible, they don’t care. Eclipses of any kind would be impossible, they still don’t care. I’m a young earth creationist who believes in a literal 7 day creation because I can actually explain how it is possible but believing in a flat earth isn’t even plausible.

Upvote 0

Jay Freeman

Nov 18, 2023
Anywhere USA
✟3,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
take 2

You flat earthers literally spent $20,000 on a Ring Laser Gyroscope (RLG) because you believed it would show the Earth wasn't a spinning ball. When the gyroscope showed you the very 15* of tilt the spinning globe model prescribes, did you find the integrity to fall on your proverbial sword? No... you are now trying to find any way you can to disprove the very test you once had faith in, even though you supposedly understood the mechanisms of action the test would prove, when you didn't get the result you WANTED, you ignored the results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The business of the Catholic Church allegedly teaching the earth was flat was in a fact a propaganda campaign by Protestants.

In Inventing the Flat Earth: Columbus and Modern Historians, Jeffrey Russell describes the Flat Earth theory as a fable used to impugn pre-modern civilization and creationism.[7][2]

James Hannam wrote:

The myth that people in the Middle Ages thought the Earth is flat appears to date from the 17th century as part of the campaign by Protestants against Catholic teaching. But it gained currency in the 19th century, thanks to inaccurate histories such as John William Draper's History of the Conflict Between Religion and Science (1874) and Andrew Dickson White's A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom (1896). Atheists and agnostics championed the conflict thesis for their own purposes, but historical research gradually demonstrated that Draper and White had propagated more fantasy than fact in their efforts to prove that science and religion are locked in eternal conflict.[9]

According to Stephen Jay Gould, "there never was a period of 'flat Earth darkness' among scholars, regardless of how the public at large may have conceptualized our planet both then and now. Greek knowledge of sphericity never faded, and all major medieval scholars accepted the Earth's roundness as an established fact of cosmology."[5] Historians of science David Lindberg and Ronald Numbers point out that "there was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference".[6]

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the sky to give light upon the land: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:
He made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the sky to give light upon the land.
Genesis 1:14-17 (1:8,10)

Have you with Him spread out the sky, which is hard as a molten looking glass?
Job 37:18

And I saw an angel, standing in the sun;
and he cried with a loud voice saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of the sky,
Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God.
Revelation 19:17

Where is the angel of Revelation 19:17 standing, inside or outside of the sky?
Where do birds fly, inside or outside of the sky?

Show me the six flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.
They supposedly sent a probe millions of miles to the sun, the Parker solar probe, and took nice close up color images of the sun,
there are supposedly 13,000+ satellites, some to take photos of the earth, nice close up photos of streets, buildings people and all..
show me the flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Show me the six flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.

Americans seem to have a habit of putting their flags all over the place. We're a bit more laid back in Australia, and in the very unlikely event we ever land a rover on the moon, you're more likely to see a BBQ and six pack of beer in the background.

There is a photo of my roof taken from space but it's a bit out of date as we've had some work done since. You can find your own joint using this package.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Americans seem to have a habit of putting their flags all over the place.
It's a centuries old tradition. Janszoon probably put the Dutch flag in Australia. Cook likely did when he claimed it for Great Britain. These days, I think putting up a Starbucks or McDonalds has replaced putting up the American flag. Or is it a Chik-Fil-A?

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-
Man, I really feel sorry for you. I'd hate feeling like I was living in a state of deception my entire life because reality didn't exist outside of my biblical interpretation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0