the myth of flat earth debunked again

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Americans seem to have a habit of putting their flags all over the place. We're a bit more laid back in Australia, and in the very unlikely event we ever land a rover on the moon, you're more likely to see a BBQ and six pack of beer in the background.

There is a photo of my roof taken from space but it's a bit out of date as we've had some work done since. You can find your own joint using this package.

That is not nice clear color images of each flag, the one color image shown is from the supposed old mission.

Indeed you can probably see your roof in color from what they call satellites,
but yet not one of them can take an image of the flags on the moon?

The so called satellites are just attached to balloons, advanced weather balloons that keep them high up in the air,
and they "orbit" the land in that manner.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is not nice clear color images of each flag, the one color image shown is from the supposed old mission.

The so called satellites are just attached to balloons, advanced weather balloons that keep them high up in the air,
1705588261593.png

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟463,598.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Satellite communication are a thing, those satellites dishes needed to be precisely pointed at the satellite or they wouldn't work, how can a balloon stay on the same place indefinitely??

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,888.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Show me the six flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.
They supposedly sent a probe millions of miles to the sun, the Parker solar probe, and took nice close up color images of the sun,
there are supposedly 13,000+ satellites, some to take photos of the earth, nice close up photos of streets, buildings people and all..
show me the flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.
Flat earthers always make unrealistic demands but never respond to simple requests to provide physical evidence of their claims.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the sky to give light upon the land: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:
He made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the sky to give light upon the land.
Genesis 1:14-17 (1:8,10)

Have you with Him spread out the sky, which is hard as a molten looking glass?
Job 37:18

And I saw an angel, standing in the sun;
and he cried with a loud voice saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of the sky,
Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God.
Revelation 19:17

Where is the angel of Revelation 19:17 standing, inside or outside of the sky?
Where do birds fly, inside or outside of the sky?

Show me the six flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.
They supposedly sent a probe millions of miles to the sun, the Parker solar probe, and took nice close up color images of the sun,
there are supposedly 13,000+ satellites, some to take photos of the earth, nice close up photos of streets, buildings people and all..
show me the flags that are supposedly on the moon, nice clear color modern images of them.
Now tell me how birds can fly in a sky that is as hard as molten glass. There is something wrong with the interpretation of that verse. Berean puts it: "can you, like Him, spread out the skies to reflect the heat like a mirror of bronze?"
NKJV: "With Him, have you spread out the skies, Strong as a cast metal mirror?"

The atmosphere does reflect heat back into space. Everyone would fry otherwise. "Show me the flags". There is no one on the moon to take photos. You can get amazing detailed satellite photos and in real time too. You need either a lot of money or to be working in the intelligence community. Do you use GPS to find your way around? It is "global". It uses satellites.

I used to think that the human race had got past the credulity that allowed people to sell snake oil to the gullible. I was wrong Not only are FE people inclined to believe anything, even absolute proof that they are wrong is not enough. Oh, my alien space craft has landed to take me to the mother ship. Or is that father? Or am I not permitted to use gender specific pronouns now? Ah, I know. "Parent ship". Bye.

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now tell me how birds can fly in a sky that is as hard as molten glass.
The sky is a giant dome like glass above us all, Genesis 1:6-7, Job 37:18, cloaked in darkness; Isaiah 50:3.
During "operation fishbowl" in the 1960's I think what happened in sincerity is that they shot bombs at the sky trying to break through.
They say that it was just "high altitude nuclear tests".

Satellite communication are a thing, those satellites dishes needed to be precisely pointed at the satellite or they wouldn't work, how can a balloon stay on the same place indefinitely??
A beam pointed at your satellite dish specifically? One satellite per dish?
Or like the satellite is shooting beams directly at each specific dish? Is that how it is?

Or do you think you aim your dish in the direction of the electromagnetic wave from the satellite?
Like a light bulb, the light from the bulb is traveling in all directions, even though the bulb may be local and move.
Points as directly under the light source as possible will receive the most light, but the light goes everywhere.
A dish is focused to be pointed in the general direction of that "light", electromagnetic wave, from the satellite.
And it must be that multiple satellites emit the same signal such that a region of people can be bathed in their light.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟463,598.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sky is a giant dome like glass above us all, Genesis 1:6-7, Job 37:18, cloaked in darkness; Isaiah 50:3.
During "operation fishbowl" in the 1960's I think what happened in sincerity is that they shot bombs at the sky trying to break through.

Or like the satellite is shooting beams directly at each specific dish? Is that how it is?

Or do you think you aim your dish in the direction of the electromagnetic wave from the satellite?
Like a light bulb, the light from the bulb is traveling in all directions, even though the bulb may be local and move.
Points as directly under the light source as possible will receive the most light, but the light goes everywhere.
A dish is focused to be pointed in the general direction of that "light", electromagnetic wave, from the satellite.
And it must be that multiple satellites emit the same signal such that a region of people can be bathed in their light.

My dad installed TV satellite dishes in the 80-90, they needed to be pointed to the satellite or it wouldn't work, you wouldn't get TV simple as that, those satellites move at the exact speed of the earth rotation, so they are 'stationary', the receptor thingy could be programed with several satellite positions you could control the dish to move from side to side, and point at different TV satellites.

A geostationary satellite is in an orbit that can only be achieved at an altitude very close to 35,786 km (22,236 miles) and which keeps the satellite fixed over one longitude at the equator. The satellite appears motionless at a fixed position in the sky to ground observers.

The dish reflects all the signal to the central receptor that's why dishes exists, i don't know exactly all involved, but it wouldn't work if not pointed at the satellite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A geostationary satellite is in an orbit that can only be achieved at an altitude very close to 35,786 km (22,236 miles) and which keeps the satellite fixed over one longitude at the equator.

And there are supposedly 13,000+ such satellites in orbit in 'outer-space'.
Yet in the Nasa images from the window of the space station, and other such images they show us, we never see satellites.

One can find plenty information on 'balloon satellites', the term orbit is used with them also.
The truth is they are the only real kind of satellites,
man has not been outside of the sky.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the sky to give light upon the land: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:
He made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the sky to give light upon the land.
Genesis 1:14-17 (1:8,10)

Have you with Him spread out the sky, which is hard as a molten looking glass?
Job 37:18

And I saw an angel, standing in the sun;
and he cried with a loud voice saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of the sky,
Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God.
Revelation 19:17

Where is the angel of Revelation 19:17 standing, inside or outside of the sky?
Where do birds fly, inside or outside of the sky?

What for? You wouldn’t accept them if you saw them since you’ve seen countless photos of the earth as a sphere and refuse to accept that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet in the Nasa images from the window of the space station, and other such images they show us, we never see satellites.

One can find plenty information on 'balloon satellites', the term orbit is used with them also.
The truth is they are the only real kind of satellites,
man has not been outside of the sky.
Wow imagine if there were only 13000 cars spread out all over the planet do you have any idea how rare it would be that you would see one? And in orbit you’re talking about them being spread out over an area about 3-5 times larger than the face of the planet which would spread them even farther apart making them even less likely to be seen.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟52,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither. The satellite, in geostationary orbit, puts out a 5 watt signal. That's as powerful as a legal CB radio in the US. That's why receivers are designed to focus the signal at the receiver. We're in GHz territory here, so even a full-wave antenna is amazingly tiny.

Now, a geostationary orbit is over the equator, high enough that the orbital period is the same as the earth's rotation. Presto! A satellite that essentially remains in the same spot. You point the dish at it, and you get a signal.

Pointing the dish, well, that gets interesting. The elevation (angle above the horizon) and azimuth (compass bearing) depends on the site's latitude and longitude compared to the satellite's longitude. The higher the latitude, the lower toward the horizon the satellite is in respect to the site. You eventually reach a point where geostationary satellites are below the horizon. That's about 81° north or south, but a workable signal is limited to about 75° north or south, and that's if the satellite is over the same longitude.

With a globe, this makes sense because the ground curves more as you move away from a fixed point. You eventually reach a distance where the fixed point is below the horizon. Build a tower on the fixed point and put a light on top, and the higher you raise it, the further away you can see it, but you can still reach a distance where it disappears below the horizon.

That wouldn't happen if the earth if flat. If the earth is flat, then there wouldn't be a northern and southern limit to receiving a geostationary satellite. The satellite would be progressively lower to the horizon the further you moved away, but would never drop below. Whether we accept that a satellite is perpetually falling without reaching the surface or suspended by some other means in a grand conspiracy, what's undeniable is the limits of geostationary satellite communication, a limit that wouldn't exist if the earth was flat.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟52,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even at night, it's kind of hard to see stars or satellites outside of a lighted room. If you're outside merry old Earth and happen to be looking in the right place at the right time, you can see satellites cruising overhead. That includes the International Space Station.

Now, to see a satellite, you have to see its reflected light. There are times you can't because the earth is between the sun and the satellite, or the sky is too bright because the sun is above the horizon. But on rare occasions you can see a flash in the daytime sky where the satellite happens to reflect sunlight right at you. It's bright, it only lasts for very few minutes, and it's really wild.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

It's called triangulation. The GPS in your car gets signals from a number of different satellites. One GPS I had told me how many satellites it was detecting, usually 6. The more satellites, the more accurate. Have you considered finding out correct information for yourself? It is readily available. Of course, that will only be helpful if you are prepared to accept truth that does not fit with your preconceived and erroneous notions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That wouldn't happen if the earth if flat. If the earth is flat, then there wouldn't be a northern and southern limit to receiving a geostationary satellite.
a geostationary orbit is over the equator

The balloons, circle with the equator, on a flat earth map that circle is more towards the middle of the world.
To position a satellite for example in America, one will find themselves pointing generally towards what is called the north pole.
On a flat earth map showing the equator, the positions make more sense than a ball model.

And yes, the satellites give out waves, electromagnetic waves, not beams.
Multiple balloon satellites giving out the same signal wave, circling with the equator.

The limits exist because the earth is flat and we can not get out of the sky.
If we could get out of the sky, there should be less limits.

It's called triangulation. The GPS in your car gets signals from a number of different satellites. One GPS I had told me how many satellites it was detecting, usually 6.
I was being a little facetious, but I did say
it must be that multiple satellites emit the same signal such that a region of people can be bathed in their light.

So your confirming my point, multiple balloons circling with the equator sending out the same signal,
and you just point your dish or whatever generally towards what is called the north pole.
On a good flat earth map it makes perfect sense.

Wow imagine if there were only 13000 cars spread out all over the planet do you have any idea how rare it would be that you would see one?
Not a good analogy. The satellites are supposed to be at a fixed longitude, so, outside of the supposed ball, knowing the fixed horizontal place many of them are at, yes indeed, we should see them. Right, many circle the equator, so the middle of the supposed ball.
One seeing the whole ball, should see a ring of satellites almost like a saturn ring, right?

One within or close to that ring, should firstly be in danger of crashing with the satellites, and should definitely
be able to reach a point where many pass by all the time, since they are supposed to be orbiting at a fixed longitude, a ring at the equator line.

Surely I am more stupid than any man, and have not the understanding of man
I neither learned wisdom, nor have the understanding of the Holy One.
Who has ascended up into heaven or descended?
Proverbs 30:2-4

No man has ascended up to heaven or descended,
except he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
John 3:13

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The balloons, circle with the equator, on a flat earth map that circle is more towards the middle of the world.
To position a satellite for example in America, one will find themselves pointing generally towards what is called the north pole.
On a flat earth map showing the equator, the positions make more sense than a ball model.

And yes, the satellites give out waves, electromagnetic waves, not beams.
Multiple balloon satellites giving out the same signal wave, circling with the equator.

The limits exist because the earth is flat and we can not get out of the sky.
If we could get out of the sky, there should be less limits.

I was being a little facetious, but I did say

So your confirming my point, multiple balloons circling with the equator sending out the same signal,
and you just point your dish or whatever generally towards what is called the north pole.
On a good flat earth map it makes perfect sense.

Not a good analogy. The satellites are supposed to be at a fixed longitude, so, outside of the supposed ball, knowing the fixed horizontal place many of them are at, yes indeed, we should see them. Right, many circle the equator, so the middle of the supposed ball.
One seeing the whole ball, should see a ring of satellites almost like a saturn ring, right?

One within or close to that ring, should firstly be in danger of crashing with the satellites, and should definitely
be able to reach a point where many pass by all the time, since they are supposed to be orbiting at a fixed longitude, a ring at the equator line.

Surely I am more stupid than any man, and have not the understanding of man
I neither learned wisdom, nor have the understanding of the Holy One.
Who has ascended up into heaven or descended?
Proverbs 30:2-4

No man has ascended up to heaven or descended,
except he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
John 3:13

Geostationaryjava3D.gif

Geosynchronous Satellites. 22,300 miles from earth

GPS24goldenSMALL.gif

GPS Satellites. 12,550 mi above earth.

"Visible" doesn't mean they can be seen by the naked eye. It means the GPS receiver can detect them. I know most people understand that, but sometimes you just have to explain the obvious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,888.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not a good analogy. The satellites are supposed to be at a fixed longitude, so, outside of the supposed ball, knowing the fixed horizontal place many of them are at, yes indeed, we should see them.
Only geosynchronous orbit satellites are at a fixed longitude. A great many satellites are at much lower, and therefore faster orbits.
Right, many circle the equator, so the middle of the supposed ball.
Oblate spheroid.
Not remotely. The ring of satellites around earth are orders of magnitude less dense than the rings around the planet Uranus, which were only detected in 1977.
You also have the problem of exposure or aperture. The sunlight reflected off satellites is minuscule against that reflected off the earth, so if either the sun or the daylight side of earth are in view. Our eyes will adjust to prevent damage which will render the light from satellites invisible or the camera will adjust to prevent overexposure which will again prevent detection of the satellites. If we are in the shadow of the earth then satellites will only be visible briefly on either side of the earth. Once they move into the earth's shadow they will be invisible again.
If you are in orbit around the earth at that altitude, you are necessarily travelling at the same velocity as the satellites at that altitude and in the same direction. There won't likely be any satellites within visible range

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, yes. And there are FE adherents all around the globe. Maybe it started as a joke, but it's serious now.
It just amazes me that anybody would seriously believe the Earth is flat.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0