Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just when you think Corn Pop and all the fantasy memories from Joe has subsided -

Biden speaks of his uncle Bosie being eaten by cannibals.

That's right - he believe his uncle was on the menu during WW2 -

Quote:
"And he got shot down in New Guinea, and they never found the body because there used to be − there were a lot of cannibals − for real − in that part of New Guinea," Biden continued.​

The Government has a bit of a different reality:

"For unknown reasons, this plane was forced to ditch in the ocean off the north coast of New Guinea. Both engines failed at low altitude, and the aircraft's nose hit the water hard," the account says.​
Biden's telling differed from an account published by the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, which says Biden's uncle, Ambrose Finnegan, and two other men "failed to emerge from the sinking wreck and were lost in the crash."

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I imagine he heard those stories as a child, and believed them as a child.

However, his uncle was a hero who was lost in the Pacific. It was a gaffe, but there are worse lies.

There are lies told by his political opponent in the past that have caused those followers who are deranged to bomb FBI buildings, to storm the Capitol, to hang the VP in effigy, to bring persecution on Georgia Election Workers and NY Court staff.

There are lies being told that could put the lives of jurors and scheduled witnesses in jeopardy.

Let's consider the intent and the impact of Biden's gaffes against Trump's veiled threats and calls-to-arms.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Is this a "lie" or is he just "wrong"? I can tell stories about my relatives that my PARENTS told me but I have NO WAY to know if they were true.

My one great aunt was a nurse in WWII. She used to take Jewish babies in her medical equipment basket on the back of her bike, shuttling them to safety.

Another aunt hid Jews.

I have never had these stories verified by a third party source or any kind of official record.

I don't think it makes me a bad person if I tell "family lore" when I simply don't have correct information. It certainly doesn't make me some kind of nefarious mastermind OR weekminded buffoon.

I never know which one a thread critical of Biden is going to land on so I'll include both.

FWIW, New Guinea DEFINITELY had cannibals at the time.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I imagine he heard those stories as a child, and believed them as a child.

However, his uncle was a hero who was lost in the Pacific. It was a gaffe, but there are worse lies.

There are lies told by his political opponent in the past that have caused those followers who are deranged to bomb FBI buildings, to storm the Capitol, to hang the VP in effigy, to bring persecution on Georgia Election Workers and NY Court staff.

There are lies being told that could put the lives of jurors and scheduled witnesses in jeopardy.

Let's consider the intent and the impact of Biden's gaffes against Trump's veiled threats and calls-to-arms.
Ooo.... Comparisons don't usually fly well....

Reactions: Treewolf
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟450,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Just when you think Corn Pop and all the fantasy memories from Joe has subsided -

Biden speaks of his uncle Bosie being eaten by cannibals.

That's right - he believe his uncle was on the menu during WW2 -

Quote:
"And he got shot down in New Guinea, and they never found the body because there used to be − there were a lot of cannibals − for real − in that part of New Guinea," Biden continued.​
:swoon:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My father was a machinists mate in New Guinea. There were plenty of natives who were cannibals.

It looks like what Biden is quoted as saying is accurate.

Oops.
Not according to the military.

Oops

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,057.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not according to the military.

Oops
Source?

Wiki and several other sources confirm that cannibalism was and still is practiced in New Guinea.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this a "lie" or is he just "wrong"? I can tell stories about my relatives that my PARENTS told me but I have NO WAY to know if they were true.

My one great aunt was a nurse in WWII. She used to take Jewish babies in her medical equipment basket on the back of her bike, shuttling them to safety.

Another aunt hid Jews.

I have never had these stories verified by a third party source or any kind of official record.

I don't think it makes me a bad person if I tell "family lore" when I simply don't have correct information. It certainly doesn't make me some kind of nefarious mastermind OR weekminded buffoon.

I never know which one a thread critical of Biden is going to land on so I'll include both.

FWIW, New Guinea DEFINITELY had cannibals at the time.
I grew up hearing a story about my great grandfather having played in a certain well known big band, on a certain notable track, in the early 20th century. The original claim was made at some point when a relative found a list of credits, saw my great grandfather’s name, and asked if it was him (he had been a musician in that area at the time). He said it was, but that it wasn’t a big deal. Decades later, I had an opportunity to pick a track to license for a project I was on and thought this one of his would be great since it was, coincidentally, totally appropriate for the project and also a nice gesture to my grandmother, who’s one of the most wonderful people you’ll ever meet.

So, I go looking for the song, find the record, which has the names of all the musicians and a picture of the whole band on the cover and…. there was grampy’s name, but that was NOT grampy. I think that one picture had more melanin than my entire 400 year family tree combined. ^_^

I got home from work that day and called my grandmother to give her the news. She started laughing and said it was totally like her father to have jerked everybody’s chain and let them believe something like that.

Reactions: rambot
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wiki and several other sources confirm that cannibalism was and still is practiced in New Guinea.
No one said cannibalism didn’t happen. It just didn’t happen like Joe said it did.

Even NBC knows it isn’t true

However, U.S. military records about Finnegan's death do not mention the aircraft's being shot or discuss cannibalism.

"For unknown reasons, this plane was forced to ditch in the ocean off the north coast of New Guinea," the records say. "Both engines failed at low altitude, and the aircraft’s nose hit the water hard."

The man’s plane went down in the ocean. You think they went fishing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
^_^

Is this your first day on the forums?
Of course not. But your criticisms are all insubstantial and silly.
Like trying to tie Biden to Hunter's behavior while addicted.
When you consider his opponent is indicted for 91 crimes and guilty of half a billion in tax fraud.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Telling an innocent family history story that his grandparents had never fact checked is sweet, folksy, unintentional.
The fact that this is the only negative you can find is a testament to his good character.

1. Why did Joe drop out of the candidacy for President in the 80"s - I'll brought it up before.

Here is a hint - it has nothing to do with his sweet folksy, or his good character.

2. Why did the Secret service complain about what Joe did in the pool on a consistent basis?

Here is a hint - it has nothing to do with his sweet folksy, or his good character.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course not. But your criticisms are all insubstantial and silly.
Like trying to tie Biden to Hunter's behavior while addicted.
When you consider his opponent is indicted for 91 crimes and guilty of half a billion in tax fraud.
And is beating him in the polls - ever wonder why?

Here is a folksy little fact from Joe

NY Post editorial board scolds Biden for telling ‘a lie a minute’ during ‘fantasyland’ CNN interview​

Upvote 0