Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 7:7 I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."

Romans 3:20...for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Romans 5:20 The Law came in so that the transgression would increase....

Romans 11:32 For God hath shut up all unto disobedience (transgression), that he might have mercy upon all.

Conclusion:

The law was given, not as a means of salvation, but in order place mankind under condemnation so that mankind might see its need of Christ's righteousness.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 7:7 I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."

Romans 3:20...for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Romans 5:20 The Law came in so that the transgression would increase....

Romans 11:32 For God hath shut up all unto disobedience (transgression), that he might have mercy upon all.

Conclusion:

The law was given, not as a means of salvation, but in order place mankind under condemnation so that mankind might see its need of Christ's righteousness.

For the lost the moral law condemns.

For the saved - the moral law is "written on the heart" Heb 8 - and the saints become "obedient from the heart" to that law Romans 6.

Paul when writing to the saints said - "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1Cor 7:19

Paul when writing to the saints said "do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the Law of God" Rom 3:31.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the lost the moral law condemns.

For the saved - the moral law is "written on the heart" Heb 8 - and the saints become "obedient from the heart" to that law Romans 6.

Paul when writing to the saints said - "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1Cor 7:19

Paul when writing to the saints said "do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the Law of God" Rom 3:31.

in Christ,

Bob

:thumbsup:

You know what the funny thing is, people will say with one side of their mouth that the Ten Commandments are done away yet with the other side they say lying, stealing, killing, worshiping other gods, using God's name in vain and so on is wrong.

James 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

People should not say the Ten Commandments are done away with and yet say it's wrong to sin, that's double-mindedness.

Psalm 119:113 I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.

Upvote 0