Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
gentiles were not required to be circumcised to partake of the feast of unleavened bread.

could uncircumcised gentiles go into the temple, and what about other feasts?

again, what would Paul's apponents say about paul wanting that?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Gentiles did have to be circumcised.

Exodus 12:43-48 And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the statute of the Passover: no foreigner shall eat of it, 44 but every slave that is bought for money may eat of it after you have circumcised him. 45 No foreigner or hired servant may eat of it. 46 It shall be eaten in one house; you shall not take any of the flesh outside the house, and you shall not break any of its bones. 47 All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. 48 If a stranger shall sojourn with you and would keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised. Then he may come near and keep it; he shall be as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not at all, he said the law voids the promise in 4:14-15, and works wrath, not figurative at all. Romans 4 is very clear and strong, it had to be, grace, not law, using pre law Abraham.

Right now, as before, you are talking in the letter of the law, just as much as those who purport you must keep the law, not knowing to what extent this speaks to yet concerning self.

Paul's writings are no where's the depth of his understanding, which these thoughts of God cannot be confined by words on a page, which is further the letter of the law as a dead word, or one of the soul of man.

Once we understand the law that was present in the garden in relation to the woman, then we can rule over the process and become a garden enclosed, which has everything to do with the feasts, they being present in form just as much as they were in the wilderness, and those they kept ,and those they kept not knowing, in the land.

It is a pointless issue, or issue of blood to debate the purpose of God in all things not having seen him at anytime, and why we must all get past the holy place, which is the duality of the perception of our soul and relates to the two fruits of the tree and the process of this, of coming to the end of self based upon an image without, that we might find the Truth beyond the veil of where we are.

If you keep the fig tree, you will eat the fruit of it.

There is a reason Jesus cursed the fig tree (who said both blessing and cursing should not proceed from the same mouth), and this truth is not bound to something outside of us more than it is bound to something in us, and is tied in with the law not departing our mouth.

Wait until you respond to what I said, I am not an adversary. Quite your mind and let Him open things in you to see the truths I am speaking of, if you do not eat of your own reasoning you will not understand those things that are without labor of thought, which is the path we all must take to remain. (would have been better said "If you eat of your own reasoning you will not understand, but in reality, like Job, we don't get a new wife/soul, just new children, and the daughters (3) receive an inheritance among the seven sons making it ten, or the law of life, which is the portion of the first born, thought it does not end with this)

I'll expand a bit on the bolded text.

There are two rests, just as their are two helpmeets, or two laws that bring us to this. The feasts have to do with our souls perception of self, therefore our Father. The first law (of our mother) is a rest unto death, or the revealing of our nakedness which would not have happened unless the woman had come out of the man, which is to be exposed, or not enclosed, which makes the law of our mother/soul this to us, the first garden seemingly not enclosed, even though it was created, in the Beginning, which is the pattern, just as Adam was, seemingly God's Ishmael.

When we are obedient to the first commandment, the tree of knowledge yields it's fruit without ever touching it, or better said in respect to the land and jubilee, we eat that which grows of itself, which is a truth that has always been kept open to us, or willing to take no thought, which makes the holy place of the soul of our being into this acceptable year, which is the fiftieth (Pentecost) year, the year of jubilee ... our soul becomes this to us.

I could go so far with these things, but they are all in each of us, having been there from the beginning, to lead us to before the world was. If we keep anything that is given, it becomes to us a wandering in our soul till we have paid the uttermost farthing.

The same imagination based upon the image without, that leads into captivity, is the same imagination based upon the image within, that brings us once again into captivity.

Our soul has no light of it's own, which the moon in the natural is a picture of this one truth. To labor by thought makes the light a darkness (though even this darkness becomes a great light), which is a picture of Sarah and Ishmael, or Rachel and Dan (though I will not go into Rebecca, which all these things keep on expanding and are only limited by our soul's willingness to embrace the cross to the point of every thought gendered by without).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Truth appears at first as something outside of us, but as the seed grows we find it has been in us all along, and that all that the Father has, has always been ours, and that it is our soul due to an image that is without us (what creation, or the law, or a woman, or a man became to us), that keeps us from this Truth that always was.

The feasts open to those who will embrace the cross concerning their perception of what these things are and what they mean. I have found no end of the depth of them yet concerning the revelation of Christ in me, and I don't expect to they coming from one who has no beginning or end, or no measurement.

As Jesus said, the law is (as well as the prophets) filled with the testimony of Him as is the whole of scripture, even creation itself (which at first brought us into bondage, being as an Ishmael to us, which is not outside of the purpose of God) testifies of this one glory.
I wanted to rep this as it is an excekllent post but will just have to tell you as I am out of reps, dont ever let anyone shake you from your belief, it is refreshing

Reactions: x141
Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Right now, as before, you are talking in the letter of the law, just as much as those who purport you must keep the law, not knowing to what extent this speaks to yet concerning self.

Paul's writings are no where's the depth of his understanding, which these thoughts of God cannot be confined by words on a page, which is further the letter of the law as a dead word, or one of the soul of man.

Once we understand the law that was present in the garden in relation to the woman, then we can rule over the process and become a garden enclosed, which has everything to do with the feasts, they being present in form just as much as they were in the wilderness, and those they kept ,and those they kept not knowing, in the land.

It is a pointless issue, or issue of blood to debate the purpose of God in all things not having seen him at anytime, and why we must all get past the holy place, which is the duality of the perception of our soul and relates to the two fruits of the tree and the process of this, of coming to the end of self based upon an image without, that we might find the Truth beyond the veil of where we are.

There is a reason Jesus cursed the fig tree (who said both blessing and cursing should not proceed from the same mouth), and this truth is not bound to something outside of us more than it is bound to something in us, and is tied in with the law not departing our mouth.

Wait until you respond to what I said, I am not an adversary. Quite your mind and let Him open things in you to see the truths I am speaking of, if you do not eat of your own reasoning you will not understand those things that are without labor of thought, which is the path we all must take to remain.
Another excellent post and a very true one:)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Wait until you respond to what I said, I am not an adversary. Quite your mind and let Him open things in you to see the truths I am speaking of, if you do not eat of your own reasoning you will not understand those things that are without labor of thought, which is the path we all must take to remain.

dude, Paul wrote to people, as he matched their understanding..

Rom 6:19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

The romans understood the clear, simple logic, not just by works, and it was all about pre circumcision Abraham.

what is so hard to perceive or understand here in verses 4-5? he said he was writing to their understanding level.

Rom 4:4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

was I wrong? did he or did he not, use pre law Abraham, to show just by faith and grace, not law?

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to rep this as it is an excekllent post but will just have to tell you as I am out of reps, dont ever let anyone shake you from your belief, it is refreshing

This is a present truth to me, something under my foot, or as something given, and not labored for.

Micah 4:4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
was I wrong? did he or did he not, use pre law Abraham, to show just by faith and grace, not law?

You did not wait on Him or you would see.

I could fill this forum with words to describe the one word and never run out. But this would merely be a path one would follow but never come to the truth by. Besides, I know because I live it daily, that God in one moment can give you more than all who have ever lived could give you in a life time, just as it was but for a moment he hid his face from us, this moment being as a seed cast to the ground of what the endlessness of knowing our Father is the foundation of.

You cannot flee what you cannot see, and you cannot see unless you become blind.

Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find those who have not been taught of a harlot (not a bad thing, but has it's portion in the process of time) embrace the Truth without any reservation, herein is this saying "That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you."

Jesus kept the Passover by being it (which is the symbolism of the tree Truth was crucified on), just as we will keep the feast of Tabernacles in the same manner.

This is the preaching of the cross ...

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

It is the wisdom that leads to the knowledge, that brings understanding.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I believe God began teaching man about The Cross from the very beginning. After tasting of the forbidden fruit Adam and his wife tried to cover their shame with leaves and such BUT God killed an animal (I believe it was a lamb...possibly a pet dear to Adam and his wife and my personal belief is that they had to watch God slay it to help them understand the ugliness of their sin. Up to that point they had never seen death ) and clothed them with its skin,just as He laid His wrath against the sins of all of us on His Son on The Cross and clothed us in His righteousness.

Folks,I believe The Old Testament was written for us,the Jews who have received the circumcision of the heart, both Jew by birth and Gentile. We gentiles have been grafted into the family of Abraham by faith.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I find those who have not been taught of a harlot (not a bad thing, but has it's portion in the process of time) embrace the Truth without any reservation, herein is this saying "That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you."

Jesus kept the Passover by being it (which is the symbolism of the tree Truth was crucified on), just as we will keep the feast of Tabernacles in the same manner.

This is the preaching of the cross ...

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

It is the wisdom that leads to the knowledge, that brings understanding.

no, the cross was a scandal to the circumcision, who pushed the jewish calendar on the Galatians in chapter 4.

5:11 But if I, brothers still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed.

lets not fogret chapter 5, get snipped, bound to keep the law, all of it, Paul was against them keeping feasts, and all of the other bondage rituals of Judaism, see gal 4:3, he said enslaved, before you respond, and see the bondage word of 5:1, and 2:4, and more in 4....;)

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
no, the cross was a scandal to the circumcision, who pushed the jewish calendar on the Galatians in chapter 4.

5:11 But if I, brothers still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed.

lets not fogret chapter 5, get snipped, bound to keep the law, all of it, Paul was against them keeping feasts, and all of the other bondage rituals of Judaism, see gal 4:3, he said enslaved, before you respond, and see the bondage word of 5:1, and 2:4, and more in 4....;)
Why dont you just give it up as we wont change your mind and those of us who have been enlightened by the feasts and keeping Gods days will not be swayed by you. If you choose to not see the beauty in them and obey God in keeping them then so be it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Why dont you just give it up as we wont change your mind and those of us who have been enlightened by the feasts and keeping Gods days will not be swayed by you. If you choose to not see the beauty in them and obey God in keeping them then so be it.

obey? Is it a command that the church keep feasts?

Enlightened? No, empowered by grace and the Spirit, is what Paul taught.

I don't see feasts as something to be enlightened about in 1:18 below, in fact, in 2:15, the one new man came after the abolishment of the feast laws.

Eph 1:18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I wasn't talking about the book of the law ...

But since you are still on this subject, my daughter asked a question that was never answered by the one she asked it of.

It was a Yes, or No question, it is this ...

"Well then, since we are not under the law (of Moses), do we have to love God?"

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
there is a new world and an old. we do not cast away the new but only the old, once we take the veil off the law of moses we see the perfect law of freedom in the Holy Spirit. there are 2 ways to read the bible. we can read it with the mind and stone heart of the sinful nature and thus bring out evil from what we read, or we can read the law with the mind and the heart of Christ and thus bring out many good things, treasures of heaven. if the old man is dead on the cross then the new man is free to read and understand what the law is really saying.

the old man requires people to do many useless things.
the new man teaches the proper understanding of the law which is good and edifies the spiritual man.

the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. the 2 are opposed to each other. the letter is used by the old man to sin and cause people to suffer, the Spirit that wrote the letter causes people to live and rejoice and be at peace with all. the old man thinks he must conquer, the new man knows he has been conquered by Gods love and submits to God and hears what the Spirit saith. the old man is rebellious and refuses the council of the angels and Christ. the old man uses the law to justify himself, the new man uses the law to grow in the wisdom from above. the old man condemns with the law, the new man brings out life from the law.

the new man sees heaven, the old man sees hades.
the old man is a fool and does not know the law even though he constantly boast that he knows the law. the new man teaches the law he perceives in Spirit and brings forth waters of life, bringing new and old teachings. the old man is a stagnant river and is full of parasites and sicknesses. the old man is a cave man that does not know how to read the language of the angels and the new man is a scholar who speaks various angelic languages.

it is very hard to be two-souled, better to just be whole and complete. 2 can not walk together unless they agree and so someone is gonna have to die so that the other lives, because if they would have agreed with each other, they would have been one man. a kingdom divided against itself can not stand, it is only 2 opposing kingdoms that make war with each other. Christ has the victory, be with Christ and cast out the old man for he is a traitor to Christ and betrays him to the evil princes of this evil world. we are not in bondage to follow the laws of sin and death, but only in bondage to follow the law of Spirit, freedom and love in Christ. sin and death is a very heavy burden and a cruel master and his works are plainly manifest as fruits of wickedness and is full of deceit and lies. liberty and love is kind and free, the yoke is very light, she speaks the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟247,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
obey? Is it a command that the church keep feasts?

I don't believe anyone is suggesting it is commanded to keep feasts. What is being suggested is that the feasts of Israel are a wonderful and optional visual representation of the gospel. If you don't want to take notice of the feasts, you don't have to.

But those who do and are blessed therein, good for them:thumbsup:

Reactions: Grafted In
Upvote 0