Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't talking about the book of the law ...

But since you are still on this subject, my daughter asked a question that was never answered by the one she asked it of.

It was a Yes, or No question, it is this ...

"Well then, since we are not under the law (of Moses), do we have to love God?"

did law make them, or us love God? It says the law worked wrath in Rom 4:15.

did people love God pre law?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe anyone is suggesting it is commanded to keep feasts. What is being suggested is that the feasts of Israel are a wonderful and optional visual representation of the gospel. If you don't want to take notice of the feasts, you don't have to.

But those who do and are blessed therein, good for them:thumbsup:

well..sure, people can keep follow them if they want, I never said they can't, but i see it as another distraction from the new way of the Spirit, Hebrews says strengthened by grace, not the temple rituals, which would also mean the feasts.

Heb 13:9 Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited those devoted to them 13:10 We have an altar from which those who serve the tent have no right to eat.

we have something better, a key word in hebrews, yet people push feasts, to me it is a distraction addition, right out of the list of add-ons from Col 2, to which Paul said have no spiritual value for us in 2:23. We are told we will benefit from the feasts, gain spirituality, etc, but they did not even benefit (13:9), so why would we now benefit, who have something better?

When grace is not present, law and rituals will always come to fill the void.:)

Notice how 13:9 says not to be deceived or led away by these things, same as Col 2:4, and 2:8. Judaistic rituals are not for the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
did law make them, or us love God? It says the law worked wrath in Rom 4:15.

did people love God pre law?

How does one relate to the law? Give me the steps of this, that you would take from start to finish, so that I can see that you understand how the wrath of God is worked in the individual.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't talking about the book of the law ...

But since you are still on this subject, my daughter asked a question that was never answered by the one she asked it of.

It was a Yes, or No question, it is this ...

"Well then, since we are not under the law (of Moses), do we have to love God?"
No we don't have to.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No we don't have to.

You are correct, on many levels.

To keep it to establish ones own righteousness is no different than eating of the tree of our own reasoning to become like God. It is the garden scenario that you find happening everywhere in scripture. Even between the two thief's that Jesus was hung between (a lot is in the pictures of this). It becomes the table we eat of according to the sacrifice that we give.

It is the same thing with the feasts, where they become the Jews feasts rather than God's feasts, or a fast that is not the chosen fast ... another gospel, it becoming this by our own reasoning based on something that is without us as to obtain to it.

For those who overcome, they inherit all things, Paul said All things are yours, or let this mind be in you, which is the mind of Christ, which is the mind of God. John said it as behold now are we the sons of God, or that we should be called this. We neither have to eat to become, or eat to prove that we are, to do so is tantamount to robbing God, and thereby rob ourselves. Where does the law appear in this, even the Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath, God needs no place to rest, and our rest is Him, our exceeding and great reward, this is the Sabbath we keep, this mind, by letting it be in us, which is a laying down of your own soul as to pick it back up again, or lose it, to find it. It is a present truth to be entered into to now, and a present truth to remain as a pillar in.

To keep something is to not be it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While reading this, 10 years later, it saddens me that there seem to be so many who are unable to see the huge nuggets of gold God has burried in the Feast Days for us if we will only let go of the ordinances of men.
We are not bound by the law.
It's OK to study the Feasts.
"All things are lawful, but, not all things edify.

It is my firm believe that studying the Feasts is very much edifying.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟247,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well..sure, people can keep follow them if they want, I never said they can't, but i see it as another distraction from the new way of the Spirit
I wasn't advocating 'following' them in so much as learning from them. The Lord instituted the feasts for a reason and we can learn much through looking at them, not keeping them but understanding why they were instituted. All the scriptures have been given for our benefit. God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians, when you take communion, you are celebrating Passover.
When you celebrate Easter you are celebrating The Feast of First Fruits.
Are you in bondage?
No.
I discovered for myself that studying the meanings of The Feasts that we are already celebrating, tho efforts have been made on both sides to separate Jews and gentiles over the issue, deepened my understanding of Christ.
And I have not been taken into bondage by doing so. I can celebrate any of God's Feast Days or I can celebrate none of them.
If one believes that observing The Law is needful for salvation, then that person must fulfill the entire Law, do they not?
Then why the Cross?
Both the OT and NT point to it.

"But we teach Christ and Him crucified."
Period.

Upvote 0

Robert1849

Oct 31, 2021
PRIEST RIVER
Visit site
✟18,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To participate or not, there is no law. However, if a person wants to participate no one should stand in the way. Paul did a similar argument on the subject of eating meat. However having said that, there is a clear direction after the return of Christ there will be a requirement for all the nations to visit Jerusalem on Tabernacles or they will receive no rain for the year. clearly (at least in my mind) there is far more to this than what we see on the surface.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well with all due repsct, the Zola Levitt show sees things only through a jewish mindset, and for the most part is an arm of the MJ movement which promotes Judaism for the church, who do indeed try to turn the gospel into judaism, i am sure they are nice people, but biased must be watched for, thanks, frog.
Not so. Zola clearly describes himself as a born again Christian, not a messianic Jew.
His teachings go against the messianic Jewish belief of grace plus works.

Also, I consider myself to be a true Jew because God has circumcised my heart. I am grafted into the seed of Abraham, Issac and Jacob by faith.
Romans 2:28-29

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums