Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I to celebrated and find it a wonfderful picture but to each his own. I am saddened by those who deny our Jewishness and the wonderful story of what God has done , is doing and will do but as I said to each his own. This is whuy I dont debate on here, same people same arguments and nothing that is taught changes anything. I am encouraged though that more and more people are being led into these truths despite the naysayers

Reactions: Grafted In
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟247,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I to celebrated and find it a wonfderful picture but to each his own. I am saddened by those who deny our Jewishness and the wonderful story of what God has done , is doing and will do but as I said to each his own. This is whuy I dont debate on here, same people same arguments and nothing that is taught changes anything. I am encouraged though that more and more people are being led into these truths despite the naysayers

:amen:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

how am I Jewish? besides, paul said even the jews have to walk pre circumcision. Everywhere paul used Abraham, he was used to ward off judaism, law, circumcision, nationalism, racisim, etc, I got text, if my bro wants it.:)

4:12 and to make him the father of the circumcised who are not merely circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excellent post, Grafted in. I've studied some on The Tabernacle too. I say some because there's so much. What other topic covers 50 chapters in The Bible? That should tell us there are gems there.

Ah-ha! A like-minded believer. I've watched Zola's original Passover program at least 50 times. At one point he says "Remember Rebecca. She married a man she'd never seen. Abraham's servant went to her,in the role of The Holy Spirit, showed her the things of the bridegroom and she was wooed and won". That led me to read Genesis Chapter 24. What a beautiful picture of salvation.

Reactions: x141
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well..tell ya, kinda sad to see people celebrate feasts, as they deny the atonement, if they are unsaved Jewish people, I did not see the video.
Yeah I think this video wasn't really a good example, but I still like the way they celebrate. The second one was from a church here.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah I think this video wasn't really a good example, but I still like the way they celebrate. The second one was from a church here.

read all that stuff in col 2, I am sure the false teachers loved to offer the distractions with their seemingly wise noble intentions, but Paul said stay in the Gospel in 1:23, saying don't add on all that stuff in chapter 2, because if people don't here about all he is, and who we are in him, then the distractions are compensation, for a deeper hunger for Him, so really feasts are just symptomatic, a filler, for false teachers who really do not know the fullness of christ, that when one has, he needs filler/distractions. I need no feasts, he alone is our peace, eph 2:14, said before the 2:15 of jewish las abolishment that had feasts and sabath, and food stuff,...veddy veddy intadesting,,,hmmmmm

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
read all that stuff in col 2, I am sure the false teachers loved to offer the distractions with their seemingly wise noble intentions, but Paul said stay in the Gospel in 1:23, saying don't add on all that stuff in chapter 2, because if people don't here about all he is, and who we are in him, then the distractions are compensation, for a deeper hunger for Him, so really feasts are just symptomatic, a filler, for false teachers who really do not know the fullness of christ, that when one has, he needs filler/distractions. I need no feasts, he alone is our peace, eph 2:14, said before the 2:15 of jewish las abolishment that had feasts and sabath, and food stuff,...veddy veddy intadesting,,,hmmmmm

I get your point, I don't keep the sabbath and don't keep the feasts, but some jews who accepted Him do. They must not judge us, but let's not judge them either

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

I can't blame an orthodox Jew who did this all his life that he doesn't start to eat pork and stop keeping feasts when he finds out Yeshua is the Messiah by reading the Torah himself and I get it if he doesn't all of a sudden go to a church meeting on sunday and call Him Jesus instead of Yeshua.

It's a shadow, but I think God could still do things on those feasts.
Because pentecost was in the new covenant and it's on the same day as a jewish feast, harvest festival or feast of weeks and the harvest came in with pentecost. Eastern was with Pesach. It's no coincidence.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I am convinced that the Rapture will occur on the day of The Feast of Trumpets."

Yup - I'e heard that Speculation before. SInce the events of the crucifixion synchronized perfectly with the SPRING Feasts (When you toss the Catholic time line out), then it wouldn't be surprising if the nativity, and the Rapture would fall on the Fall Feasts.

But since "Eschatology" is just another word for "Rank Speculation" I wouldn't hang my hat on any of it.

But I still have my copy of "88 reasons that the rapture will occur in 1988" It Proves beyond the shadow of a DOUBT Scripturally, that we'll all be caught up during the Feast of Trumpets in 1988!!!!!

Oops-

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I am convinced that the Rapture will occur on the day of The Feast of Trumpets."

Yup - I'e heard that Speculation before. SInce the events of the crucifixion synchronized perfectly with the SPRING Feasts (When you toss the Catholic time line out), then it wouldn't be surprising if the nativity, and the Rapture would fall on the Fall Feasts.

But since "Eschatology" is just another word for "Rank Speculation" I wouldn't hang my hat on any of it.

But I still have my copy of "88 reasons that the rapture will occur in 1988" It Proves beyond the shadow of a DOUBT Scripturally, that we'll all be caught up during the Feast of Trumpets in 1988!!!!!

Oops-
^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As concerning the feasts, they being seven which tie in with the creative days as well as those things at the end of the book (as well as numerous others each depicting another facet of the process of coming to One Truth) sum up what the week is in relationship to how this son is being revealed in us.

In the Bible, the principle of the natural first becomes the pattern for all things that relate to this process happening in us.

The Lamb that they kept the first feast of Passover with (though this is not the first Passover) was not understood by those who kept the feast that it was to be a feast that was continually kept, and relates to the acceptable year, and this not of the Jews (or another gospel that is not another) but the Lord's feasts.

The symbolism of the Lamb is the pouring out of our own soul, as it is a Lamb for every house.

All these things relate to the process of the son being revealed in us. Israel in the wilderness (where the church has been for the last two days) kept the feast of Passover in the second year (which is full of symbolism relating again to this same truth found in the three days) but they unknowingly kept the other six down to the very days, and counting of Sabbaths, but the truth they kept of these was as a truth cast down, which is a pattern just as it was this in the first garden. Israel's nakedness was not revealed until they came out of Egypt just as Adam's nakedness was not revealed until the woman came out of the man (herein is the symbolism of the two forties).

The first helpmeet was given to reveal our nakedness which caused a scattering so to speak (the woman in scripture equating to our soul).

The three main feasts one is called up to Jerusalem to keep is dealing with out perception of Truth, and relate to wisdom, knowledge, and understanding (which have their anti just as there are two gospels, kingdoms, trees, cups, seats, mountains, woman, sons, etc.).

All the promise to the seven churches in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ (or how the Father revealed himself in Jesus) are given from the third realm which equates to the feast of Tabernacles as it does to the great rest whereby he causes us to rest.

The little I have wrote, barely scratches the surface of the process of the revealing of the Truth that is in us.

God does not need a place to live, just as God does not need to rest, but we need God to rest in us to be whole, and the only thing that keeps us from this Truth that always was is our own soul and why there is a serpent in every path, just as there is a cup to drink of, a baptism to be baptized with, a cross to pick up, and thereby be able to follow Him (a feast that is kept).

Jesus never said that those who are born of the spirit/Father/God did not know where they came from, but no man.

To Job, the son of man was a worm, to Jesus, the son of man was the son of God, which is the Truth that he was, and in Truth who we are, and have always been.

As far as a rapture, we will be caught up but our feet will never leave the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how am I Jewish? besides, paul said even the jews have to walk pre circumcision. Everywhere paul used Abraham, he was used to ward off judaism, law, circumcision, nationalism, racisim, etc, I got text, if my bro wants it.:)

4:12 and to make him the father of the circumcised who are not merely circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

I believe he is talking in the spirit of the word not the letter of the law.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Truth appears at first as something outside of us, but as the seed grows we find it has been in us all along, and that all that the Father has, has always been ours, and that it is our soul due to an image that is without us (what creation, or the law, or a woman, or a man became to us), that keeps us from this Truth that always was.

The feasts open to those who will embrace the cross concerning their perception of what these things are and what they mean. I have found no end of the depth of them yet concerning the revelation of Christ in me, and I don't expect to they coming from one who has no beginning or end, or no measurement.

As Jesus said, the law is (as well as the prophets) filled with the testimony of Him as is the whole of scripture, even creation itself (which at first brought us into bondage, being as an Ishmael to us, which is not outside of the purpose of God) testifies of this one glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul's instruction to the mixed multitude which was the Corinthian church...

Let us therefore keep the feast.

Which feast was he talking about which we should keep?

Steve

it was figurative, is unleavened bread truth? Also why would Paul give the judaizers ammmo against him, so they could say Paul wanted his believers to be circumcized, go to jerusalem, and keep the feasts. He is about to say the old cov is gone, in 2 Cor 3, so lets keep proper perspective, thanks.

Paul did not go to jerusalem for about 14-17 years.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I believe he is talking in the spirit of the word not the letter of the law.

not at all, he said the law voids the promise in 4:14-15, and works wrath, not figurative at all. Romans 4 is very clear and strong, it had to be, grace, not law, using pre law Abraham.

Reactions: x141
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I get your point, I don't keep the sabbath and don't keep the feasts, but some jews who accepted Him do. They must not judge us, but let's not judge them either

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

I can't blame an orthodox Jew who did this all his life that he doesn't start to eat pork and stop keeping feasts when he finds out Yeshua is the Messiah by reading the Torah himself and I get it if he doesn't all of a sudden go to a church meeting on sunday and call Him Jesus instead of Yeshua.

It's a shadow, but I think God could still do things on those feasts.
Because pentecost was in the new covenant and it's on the same day as a jewish feast, harvest festival or feast of weeks and the harvest came in with pentecost. Eastern was with Pesach. It's no coincidence.

col 2:16 was paul saying don't let them judge you for not keeping the feasts.

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
it was figurative, is unleavened bread truth? Also why would Paul give the judaizers ammmo against him, so they could say Paul wanted his believers to be circumcized, go to jerusalem, and keep the feasts. He is about to say the old cov is gone, in 2 Cor 3, so lets keep proper perspective, thanks.

Paul did not go to jerusalem for about 14-17 years.

the old, let's allegorise and symbolically interpret the text when it suits our doctrinal position.

Steve

p.s. how much more do you want to allegorise away. Besides during the 2nd temple period, most Jews were in the diaspora and did not make aliyah at passover, however they did continue with the unleavned bread aspect even if they did not participate in the paschal aspect.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
the old, let's allegorise and symbolically interpret the text when it suits our doctrinal position.

Steve

p.s. how much more do you want to allegorise away. Besides during the 2nd temple period, most Jews were in the diaspora and did not make aliyah at passover, however they did continue with the unleavned bread aspect even if they did not participate in the paschal aspect.

so you really think Paul wanted them curcumcized, and go to temple, to keep the feast? I can just hear the judaizers now! "Paul wants his gentiles to keep feasts"!:D

defile the temple.....?

Acts 21:28
crying out, “Men of Israel, help! This is the man who is teaching everyone everywhere against the people and the law and this place. Moreover, he even brought Greeks into the temple and has defiled this holy place.”

Upvote 0