Upper midwest
✟67,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again,not sure where to post this but figured it would be more acceptable here than most other groups.
Many years ago,shortly after I got saved I found Zola Levitt's program and I became very interested in such things as The Seven Feasts as laid out in Leviticus. Following what has already been fulfilled by Jesus...the first 4 Feast...I am convinced that the Rapture will occur on the day of The Feast of Trumpets.
Any other such-minded members? I'd very much like to hear your thoughts on this.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Again,not sure where to post this but figured it would be more acceptable here than most other groups.
Many years ago,shortly after I got saved I found Zola Levitt's program and I became very interested in such things as The Seven Feasts as laid out in Leviticus. Following what has already been fulfilled by Jesus...the first 4 Feast...I am convinced that the Rapture will occur on the day of The Feast of Trumpets.
Any other such-minded members? I'd very much like to hear your thoughts on this.

well with all due repsct, the Zola Levitt show sees things only through a jewish mindset, and for the most part is an arm of the MJ movement which promotes Judaism for the church, who do indeed try to turn the gospel into judaism, i am sure they are nice people, but biased must be watched for, thanks, frog.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟804,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you've found a like-minded member. Because several years ago Yahweh wanted me to study The Feasts of The Lord. Then I learned He had told my dh the same thing. Yes, it does seem like His return will be on the Feast of Trumpets. Love "Grafted In." Also, I love learning about Jewish culture and perspective to understand Scripture better. Do you have some favorite resources?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Great subject and I am convinced a timely one, and important one. I am not at all knowledged on the subject, so will follow this with interest. God is not finished with the Jews. And by the way, He is in no way finished with the church either. Tough times are coming, but amazing things as well. It is time we all re-focus on the one thing, the ONLY thing that is important in the big scheme of life, Christ dwelling in our hearts by faith.

Thank you so much for posting this. If any has a really good book on the feasts, I would love to hear about it. God's plan for all who love the light is far more "organized" and synchronized than we could ever imagine.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"the shadow of things to come..."
Colossians 2:16-17

Wouldn't it be great to catch a glimpse of God's calendar!

People put notes on a calendar. They remind themselves of special events to come, anniversaries, birthdays, Doctor's appointments, etc. Wouldn't you like to see what God has marked on His calendar of events to come?

We'd like to know:
when is the tribulation?
when is the rapture?
when will Enoch and Elijah arrive?
when will the Antichrist be revealed?
when will the Second Coming of Christ occur?
etc.

The Scripture does reveal that God set aside certain days in which He wanted the Jews to celebrate, or mourn. These were called "feasts" and "solemn days." These days reveal special days on God's calendar. Many great events have occurred on these days. They were days chosen of God, not chosen of mankind. God set these days aside for a reason.

Leviticus 23:44
"AND MOSES DECLARED UNTO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, THE FEASTS OF THE LORD."

Numbers 10:10
"ALSO IN THE DAY OF YOUR GLADNESS, AND IN YOUR SOLEMN DAYS, AND IN THE BEGINNINGS OF YOUR MONTHS, YE SHALL BLOW WITH THE TRUMPETS OVER YOUR BURNT OFFERINGS, AND OVER YOUR SACRIFICES OF YOUR PEACE OFFERINGS: THAT THEY MAY BE TO YOU FOR A MEMORY BEFORE YOUR GOD: I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD."

God set "feasts of the Lord" for Israel to observe (Lev. 23).

The Sabbath was a feast day that was to be observed weekly.

Seven other feasts were celebrated annually:
Passover,
Unleavened bread,
First fruits,
Pentecost,
Trumpets,
Atonement,
Tabernacles.

Many have wondered why we don't celebrate these feasts in the church age.

The Bible refers to the Israelites celebrating them in the Old Testament, and the Bible refers to the celebration of them in the Millennial period.

So why do we not celebrate them in the middle, church age?

The reason is that in the Old Testament, they prefigured the real, actual reason for the celebration of these days. For instance, Passover prefigured the sacrifice of the true Lamb of God. We now celebrate the real reason that the day was set aside as special.

As we see the unfolding revelation from God of the real meaning of these days, we will again celebrate these special days. It will not be a celebration of the "prefigurement", but of the "fulfillment" of the day.

Each feast commemorated a specific event, but also prophesied of a later event to occur on the same day.

We can expect some future prophetic events to be fulfilled on the exact day of certain feasts.

Colossians 2:16-17
"LET NO MAN JUDGE YOU IN MEATS, OR IN DRINK, OR IN RESPECT OF AN HOLY DAY, OR OF THE NEW MOON, OR OF THE SABBATH DAYS; WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME, BUT THE BODY IS CHRIST."

We are not still in the legalistic observance of these feasts.

We are to be in the liberty of the Spirit, and understanding what these feasts prefigured prophetically. God knows and has known, since the beginning, the complete details of His plans. He has slowly unfolded these plans to us during human history.

People have been slow to understand that the dates of future events are unfolding to us. Anna and Simeon were waiting to see the baby Jesus brought to the temple. They were prophetically aware of the nearness of His coming to the temple as a babe.

With seven times more Scripture on His second coming, as there is on His first coming, shouldn't we be seeking to become prophetically aware and anxious to see Him come for His own?!?!?

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I also believe this and the Feast of Trumpets is right on as it is the only feast that the exact day is not known although I do not presume to know what God is going to do when as no man knows the day or the hour but it does seem very likely that this is the case. I also discovered that when you view what Jesus said and when it opens up a whole new meaning to any things as viewed through the Jewish eyes which He was. Also for those who dont like the slant of Jewish I would point out that we are grafted in not the other way around and that the feasts were established b7y God and are Gods feasts not necessarily Jewish and that four of them are to be observed eternally.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
For anyone remotely interested in this subject matter but wants a balanced approach, there is actually one freely available in ebook (pdf) format.

It takes each of the biblical feast days and lays them out from a historical, jewish, new testament and beyond approach. It is not full of vague fluff and allegorical approaches to the scriptures but tackles them head on without getting bogged down in academic language.

So far (from what I know) there are in excess of two thousand happy readers (not to mention those who have read it without making themselves known).

You can download it freely at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1joSQLyMlDdcVlYcVdwaW1YU0k/edit?usp=sharing

Steve

p.s. if you enjoy reading it, comes back and provide feedback.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
An argument could be made for the feast of trumpets being the likely day for the rapture, but there are a number of the other feasts for which some make very good arguments also.

I find that the Lord, not wanting us to know for certain the day nor the hour has made it very hard to be adamant, certain, on any of them. Good arguments can be made, but at best they are guesses... educated guesses.

If we hope to make the best guess, I think we need to figure out the other feasts, as to future events that they may portend... if the other events to come figure in on some or all of them, then, we can check the harmony that they should show in the 7 year tribulation...

For instance, we know on day 1260 of the trib, what happens, we know on day 2520 what happens, we know 30 days after that, and 45 days after that... so if our 'educated guesses are right, there should be the right harmony of timing between our events...

My personal idea is that of all the possibilities, the day of Pentecost is the best possibility for the rapture... but... I could be wrong...

In fact, since the day is secret... and not even the angels know, and they likely have been studying this for millennia... and if they have not figured it out, if with all the books of heaven, all the hints from God, and they still are in the dark, well, maybe it is harder than rubics cube after all... LOL

it may be that it is 'unknowable' only 'guess-able'... and perhaps the Lord is going to start an 8th feast day for rapture celebration.... No law says God has to make it on one of the feast days... but we can speculate, study, guess, and hope... but it is all still, at best, an EDUCATED GUESS.

Every day of Pentecost, I hope I am right... and every day after, I begin to recheck my reasons, hoping I don't have to wait another whole year, if I am right... LOL

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm 99% convinced this is the case. I'm still waiting on it this year as I tend to believe the Jewish calendars that have that Feast day on or about October 7th of this year as being more accurate, rather than in September. This is partly because it being a fall feast, it needs to be in the fall, as in after the equinox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well, one thing for sure, Paul taught that the feast days were not for the church, and he did not keep them for some 14-17 years. We are not to be judged for not keeping them, Col 2:16, and when the church got under the Jewish calendar, Paul said he wasted his time on them in Gal 4:10-11, but whatever...:) The feasts were for Israel, 2 Chronicles 2:4, and plenty of other verses prove this, but sure, I mean if people want to study the shadows, that is their freedom to do so.

PS, as far as the Zech 14 verses, and people somehow thinking Gentiles are going to keep the feasts, it does not make sense, because it speaks of subjugation, judgment, famines, no rain, plagues, etc for those who do not keep them, totally going against NT teaching, to force Gentiles, to live under Judaism. Gee, millions of gentiles going to Jerusalem, by force, to live under the abolished old cov rules, a cov that Gentiles were never in anyway. Sounds a bit strange...what if some go, does the rest of their country and family get a drought back home because they did not go?

17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. 18 And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. 19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, one thing for sure, Paul taught that the feast days were not for the church, and he did not keep them for some 14-17 years. We are not to be judged for not keeping them, Col 2:16, and when the church got under the Jewish calendar, Paul said he wasted his time on them in Gal 4:10-11, but whatever...:) The feasts were for Israel, 2 Chronicles 2:4, and plenty of other verses prove this, but sure, I mean if people want to study the shadows, that is their freedom to do so.

PS, as far as the Zech 14 verses, and people somehow thinking Gentiles are going to keep the feasts, it does not make sense, because it speaks of subjugation, judgment, famines, no rain, plagues, etc for those who do not keep them, totally going against NT teaching, to force Gentiles, to live under Judaism. Gee, millions of gentiles going to Jerusalem, by force, to live under the abolished old cov rules, a cov that Gentiles were never in anyway. Sounds a bit strange...

17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. 18 And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. 19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.

Leviticus 23:1 shows us these days are feast days of the Lord, not of the Jews, but they were commanded to keep them at their appointed times, a command not given directly to the church.

But that doesn't make them just "Jewish" in nature, as they don't have ownership over them. They are still the Lord's feast days to do with what He will, even concerning the dealings with the church, as He did when He sent the Holy Spirit to His church, fulfilling one of the feast days through this direct interaction with His church exclusively, and not with the Jewish people as a whole.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Great subject and I am convinced a timely one, and important one. I am not at all knowledged on the subject, so will follow this with interest. God is not finished with the Jews. And by the way, He is in no way finished with the church either. Tough times are coming, but amazing things as well. It is time we all re-focus on the one thing, the ONLY thing that is important in the big scheme of life, Christ dwelling in our hearts by faith.

Thank you so much for posting this. If any has a really good book on the feasts, I would love to hear about it. God's plan for all who love the light is far more "organized" and synchronized than we could ever imagine.

Blessings,

Gideon

Of course God is not done saving Jewish people, but race, or nationalty, are not issues any more, it's all about faith, and grace, not being Jewish, or the old cov, or land. One new (kainos)man Eph 2, not israel, no jew or greek Gal 3:28, col 3:11, isn't that wonderful? Now, through the church, the wisdom of God is shown, eph 3:10, through the ages the glory will be the church, eph 3:21, the church. To be a son of abraham, it's faith.:clap: Alrighty, back on topic, just making a point. Look at this verse, it's not about ethnocentricity, pride, lineage, race, etc. Thanks, frog.

9:8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Leviticus 23:1 shows us these days are feast days of the Lord, not of the Jews, but they were commanded to keep them at their appointed times, a command not given directly to the church.

But that doesn't make them just "Jewish" in nature, as they don't have ownership over them. They are still the Lord's feast days to do with what He will, even concerning the dealings with the church, as He did when He sent the Holy Spirit to His church, fulfilling one of the feast days through this direct interaction with His church exclusively, and not with the Jewish people as a whole.

they were old cov feats the were law, given to the jews, John even said...

John 2:13
The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

John 6:4
Now the Passover, the feast of the Jews, was at hand.

Circumcision meant becoming a Jew, and one had to, to keep passover.

Exodus 12:48
When a stranger sojourning with you wishes to keep the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they were old cov feats the were law, given to the jews, John even said...

John 2:13
The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

John 6:4
Now the Passover, the feast of the Jews, was at hand.

Circumcision meant becoming a Jew, and one had to, to keep passover.

Exodus 12:48
When a stranger sojourning with you wishes to keep the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.

That was part of their command to observe the Lord's feasts, a command I already noted was not given to the Church to do in the same manner, but it doesn't imply ownership of those days anymore than if I give someone "my home address", even though I might be renting the house at the time. It currently belongs to me, but it is not mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I also believe this and the Feast of Trumpets is right on as it is the only feast that the exact day is not known although I do not presume to know what God is going to do when as no man knows the day or the hour but it does seem very likely that this is the case. I also discovered that when you view what Jesus said and when it opens up a whole new meaning to any things as viewed through the Jewish eyes which He was. Also for those who dont like the slant of Jewish I would point out that we are grafted in not the other way around and that the feasts were established b7y God and are Gods feasts not necessarily Jewish and that four of them are to be observed eternally.

Hi bro, but the grafting is the same place, one body, through the Gospel, not Judaism, and it'a all about pre circumcision with Abraham, and it says heirs, and promise, clear Abrahamic references. Earlier in chapter 2, it was about our Spiritual temple that we are both in, after the abolishment of Jewish law in 2:15, so the flow of ephesians leads to the body, the one new man, a spiritual temple, and the Gospel, not israel. But yes, great when jewish people come into the body of Christ.:thumbsup:

Eph 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That was part of their command to observe the Lord's feasts, a command I already noted was not given to the Church to do in the same manner, but it doesn't imply ownership of those days anymore than if I give someone "my home address", even though I might be renting the house at the time. It currently belongs to me, but it is not mine.

Ok fine, it was God's law, but like you say, it was not for the church, and that cov is not either, maybe we are saying the same thing.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok fine, it was God's law, but like you say, it was not for the church, and that cov is not either, maybe we are saying the same thing.

Not for the church to observe in the same way the Jews were commanded to observe them, but that doesn't exclude God from using His feast days for the purpose of performing certain actions on them for His people, the church as He did for the Jews, such as a rapture on the Feast of Trumpets.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not for the church to observe in the same way the Jews were commanded to observe them, but that doesn't exclude God from using His feast days for the purpose of performing certain actions on them for His people, the church as He did for the Jews, such as a rapture on the Feast of Trumpets.

welp, the raptrue teaching and timing, etc, has a very very wide interp, and many schools of thought.

Upvote 0