• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SOSI Chat and Brainstorm Center

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Just want to ask for prayers. We are hitting some rough waters right now. My husband is losing his job at the end of the month and it has nothing to do with the economy. We don't have any savings to speak of and well, we're stressing. Please lift us up.

Praying for you, sweetie :hug:
God is in control.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paula, I can't stop thinking about you guys. Of course I am praying for you. Weird thing to ask...I know hubby does something along the lines of landscaping...would he ever consider becoming American? I know it's a shot in the dark- but thought I'd ask...I love you!

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On top of Paula's prayer request I need to add one- just diagnosed with high risk HPV and will be going in on the 30th for a biopsy and for the doc to have a "better look around" my cervix to see if any of the cells are cancerous. I am dealing with a lot of anger that has flooded back in thinking that if the pastor I had gone to for help had acted the role of a pastor and not a pimp I wouldn't be dealing with this...Oh yeah, also seeing a dermatologist on Nov. 3rd for two small spots of skin cancer on my face (I tanned for years in the industry).

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
On top of Paula's prayer request I need to add one- just diagnosed with high risk HPV and will be going in on the 30th for a biopsy and for the doc to have a "better look around" my cervix to see if any of the cells are cancerous. I am dealing with a lot of anger that has flooded back in thinking that if the pastor I had gone to for help had acted the role of a pastor and not a pimp I wouldn't be dealing with this...Oh yeah, also seeing a dermatologist on Nov. 3rd for two small spots of skin cancer on my face (I tanned for years in the industry).

Wow, Court, I just can't believe it. It's one thing after another for you!!!!!!!!
You have every right to be angry at him. I just don't know what you do with that anger right now Court.

YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS COURT. My daughter and I lit a candle for you and said a prayer for you at the altar today. I love you too.

Yes, Lloyd is in landscaping. As for becoming American, that's not even a remote possibility since he can't even GET INTO America because of his previous criminal record. It's too bad because we'd have considered it with the prices in the housing markets down there. We're looking at $350,000 for a two bedroom house around here. Totally ridiculous. Hey, thanks for throwing that out there. You know I'd love to live nearer to you!

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted. Thanks all. It means a LOT knowing that you are thinking of us and lifting us up. Thanks also and always to InTheCloud who is a crucial part of this forum too.

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh Blondie! :hug:

Okay I hope this is helpful and I'm going to "lay it out there" a little so I'm kind of trusting you. (deep breath) Here goes.

My first husband was not a faithful person...for most of our marriage. I WAS a faithful person--so much so that it did not dawn on me to even think of anything but faithfulness if you know what I mean. I just never even considered other people and he was ... he traveled a lot and unbeknownst to me he had women in every port! :eek: I discovered this was the case when I went to have a routine pap and pre-cancerous cells were found.

As you can imagine, finding possible cancer was devastating enough, but to discover that it was because my husband was unfaithful was ... it was very, very difficult. Now, Blondie, I'm not here to talk to ya tonight about the circumstances surrounding the HPV because as I see that particular part, that is what it is. I AM here to talk to you tonight as someone who has survived this. I have to have a procedure <EDITING MY OWN POST FOR PRIVACY THINGS> but that part went okay and it was like bad, bad cramps. Then I had to be checked often and regularly via Pap, but even that part went okay. And here I am, about 18 years later, a survivor!

All I'm saying is I know you're worried and I'm living proof that even when you get it in the worst possible circumstances you can survive and be okay. Alright? that doesn't mean I won't :prayer: for you--but it does mean...well see? I'm okay! You can be too. :hug: I'm living proof.

~Faithful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Praying for you, Courtney.:hug:

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your prayers! I know I will survive this. I am more angry about the man in my past that got me into the industry than the HPV itself. I totally take responsibility for my part of not protecting myself and not getting out of the situation. It just brought back a flood of anger towards him. Yes, Paula sometimes it does feel like one thing after another.

InTheCloud YOU are a big part of keeping this forum going too. You know that.

Again- thank you all for the prayers and for being patient with me. I am just working through my own stuff right now.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just wanted to stop by.... :)

Blondie, I'm praying that the skin cancer and HPV issue are healed and with as little discomfort as possible. Also, I'm praying for your anger--- when something bad happened to me (won't say what at this time) I was EXTREMELY mad. The guy was my own fiance at the time (not at all to be confused with the darling Angel I'm dating/engaged to now) and I thought I could trust him to take care of me. It took a long time to get past that anger--- I recently heard he was sick with something and thought to myself: GOOD! HE DESERVES IT! That's when I realized what I was doing to myself and I stopped hating him all the time--- I still have a strong dislike towards him, though its mostly fear at this point.

I do hope you can get past this anger towards this "pastor"~ apparently he didn't live up to the title. Praying for you :hug: :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Paula,

Any word on Lloyd's job prospects? Praying for you!

Nothing yet Court. We are doing some serious slashing in our budget. I had to dump my babysitter four days a week. Reduced groceries by 20%. Asking our Priest if we can reduce our tithe from 10 to 5%. We are getting rid of our satellite dish which means absolutely no tv because there's no reception of even local stuff where we are. (this is actually an answer to prayer for me because as far as I'm concerned it's nothing but a disgusting waste of time for this talented family- I've been trying to talk Lloyd into this for years)
We've reduced our spending money from a whole ten bucks a week each to five. I mean, this is tight tight tight, you know? There aren't many other areas which we can alter because they are fixed bills. Thank God the Tories won the election because we get a hundred bucks a month for child care from there.
I've been asked to home school a local girl in Christian Social Studies for an hour or two a week and that little bit will help.
I thank you for your prayers my friend. We're out of the panick stage anyway.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing yet Court. We are doing some serious slashing in our budget. I had to dump my babysitter four days a week. Reduced groceries by 20%. Asking our Priest if we can reduce our tithe from 10 to 5%. We are getting rid of our satellite dish which means absolutely no tv because there's no reception of even local stuff where we are. (this is actually an answer to prayer for me because as far as I'm concerned it's nothing but a disgusting waste of time for this talented family- I've been trying to talk Lloyd into this for years)
We've reduced our spending money from a whole ten bucks a week each to five. I mean, this is tight tight tight, you know? There aren't many other areas which we can alter because they are fixed bills. Thank God the Tories won the election because we get a hundred bucks a month for child care from there.
I've been asked to home school a local girl in Christian Social Studies for an hour or two a week and that little bit will help.
I thank you for your prayers my friend. We're out of the panick stage anyway.

Ouch! I am glad you are out of the panic stage. I know what that is like. I will continue to pray for you. Wow! Home schooling with a two year old ...I admire that. I don't know how I would survive trying to do both. I am the same about TV...but you know who would not give it up either.

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am the same about TV...but you know who would not give it up either.

It's maddening, isn't it? I mean, it's basically another addiction. Lloyd is a gifted artist who has done exactly three pieces of work in the past 6 years because of this. I know our lives are going to be much better without the idiot box around and I really thank the Lord for this gift.

Kind of funny, it looks like we will be getting until the end of the year rather than the end of the month at our current salary. Lloyd looked at it as a temporary reprieve from losing the tv but I said "don't you think we should still implement our cost cutting measures so we can try and save a little bit of money before year's end?"

And he says "yeah, I guess that would be the smart thing to do, wouldn't it?"

He really wants that tv Court!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just wanted to share a victory- I don't feel like I get a whole lot of them!

Gave my first significant talk at Toastmasters on Monday and it got rave reviews. My evaluator said my pacing was great, I looked and sounded confident and my body language was effective.

It really boosted my confidence for Monday, which is when I will be giving my first speech entitled "The Comeback Kid".

I decided against letting everyone in on my whole story right off the bat. My husband Lloyd helped me see the wisdom in keeping those "gems that God has polished for you" to myself until the right time and place to reveal them. So I will reveal my battle with alcohol and that my faith is the most important thing to me.

I will also be revealing that I feel a little out of my league with a roomful of successful, well-spoken, educated professionals but that knowing God has brought me there for a reason gives me confidence.

Seriously, I'm in the room with people who are running for office, a couple of writers for the newspaper, people in radio, successful business people etc. And here's me, eh? It's too funny what God can do.

Upvote 0

Oneofthediaspora

Jul 9, 2008
Liverpool
✟9,124.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good for you Paula!!

I hate public speaking (the Scouse accent can make it difficult :), but it sounds like you are a natural.

Don't feel out of your league. You are an intelligent, well-read, eloquent woman with experience of life that makes you strong. The people you're speaking to will recognise that.

YNWA
Mike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to share a victory- I don't feel like I get a whole lot of them!

Gave my first significant talk at Toastmasters on Monday and it got rave reviews. My evaluator said my pacing was great, I looked and sounded confident and my body language was effective.

It really boosted my confidence for Monday, which is when I will be giving my first speech entitled "The Comeback Kid".

I decided against letting everyone in on my whole story right off the bat. My husband Lloyd helped me see the wisdom in keeping those "gems that God has polished for you" to myself until the right time and place to reveal them. So I will reveal my battle with alcohol and that my faith is the most important thing to me.

I will also be revealing that I feel a little out of my league with a roomful of successful, well-spoken, educated professionals but that knowing God has brought me there for a reason gives me confidence.

Seriously, I'm in the room with people who are running for office, a couple of writers for the newspaper, people in radio, successful business people etc. And here's me, eh? It's too funny what God can do.

I think keeping your history private for awhile is a great idea! :clap: I am so proud of you Paula!

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey Mike, the scouse accent is pretty cool. Is like hearing John Lennon and Paul MacCartney speak.

Or my mum and dad. :D

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

YNWA either. :)

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey everyone.....look at my adorable kid on Hallow'een night. :cool:

Attachments

• Hallow'een Meaghan.jpg
    Hallow'een Meaghan.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paula,

She is soooooooooooooooooooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing this pic! I can't wait for my little guy to see her when he wakes up- he loves seeing her pics!

He didn't get to dress up for Halloween because he was/is still sick with hand, foot and mouth disease and an ear infection. He spent the holiday getting two antibiotic shots and filling prescriptions and trying to sleep.

Upvote 0