Trump greeted by 100,000 in New Jersey (very blue state)

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

I'd like to hear the numbers on the other campaign. We are not entirely shocked that Trump would have this many people show up (though it is quite impressive...)

We're talking about New Jersey!

This just confirms my suspicions that even so called blue states are only blue "at the top"--meaning the elites in the state are blue, not the People.. and that there are possible shenanigans going on in the voting systems there, which would explain why no R can get elected in those states..

(yeh, there was Chris Christie but is he really a R?)

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Back in the day, this is one of the reasons I thought the election was stolen because of the numbers in all his rallies.
well, then there was how, on election night, Trump was ahead and then, literally over-night, he was behind. You know, it takes a year to count all the ballots! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well, then there was how, on election night, Trump was ahead and then, literally over-night, he was behind. You know, it takes a year to count all the ballots! :rolleyes:
We can speculate but until it's tried in court it's just speculation. I've gotten over it but apparently Trump hasn't. Let the Law prevail!

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Back in the day, this is one of the reasons I thought the election was stolen because of the numbers in all his rallies.
There are other numbers also:

More Rs voted in 2020 than in 2016 and more of them voted for Trump than in '16

All the bellweather states were for Trump except (I believe) one.

I could go on but if people don't know this stuff by now, either they just don't care enough to find out or they don't want to believe the thing was stolen--and so they lie to themselves and repeat the lie that it was not.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
We can speculate but until it's tried in court it's just speculation. I've gotten over it but apparently Trump hasn't. Let the Law prevail!
Trump supporters haven't gotten over it either because it is NOT true that biden won legitimately... not true at all. But people have gotten used to the govt lying to us

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I'd like to hear the numbers on the other campaign. We are not entirely shocked that Trump would have this many people show up (though it is quite impressive...)

This just confirms my suspicions that even so called blue states are only blue "at the top"--meaning the elites in the state are blue, not the People.. and that there are possible shenanigans going on in the voting systems there, which would explain why no R can get elected in those states..
Even an extremely Democratic state is going to have a significant amount of Republicans. NJ is a huge state population-wise. Even if every single person at the rally was from NJ, which they weren't, and taking the 100k attendance number at face value, that's only about 1% of the state. BTW, there are over 1.5 million registered Republicans in the state, which means that even taking the most optimistic assumptions, that only 6.5% of registered republicans cared enough to be there. So not really the huge indicator you are looking for.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟340,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

According to Pew Research (Religious Landscape Study), 51% of voters in New Jersey are registered as Democrats or lean Democrat. That's enough to win lots of elections, but it still leaves several million Republicans, some of whom show up to Trump rallies.

He's a moderate Republican. Those used to exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟137,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to Pew Research (Religious Landscape Study), 51% of voters in New Jersey are registered as Democrats or lean Democrat. That's enough to win lots of elections, but it still leaves several million Republicans, some of whom show up to Trump rallies.

I agree. Moderate Republicans are a rare breed in 2024, sadly, or are overshadowed by Trump. I'll back out of here before people attack me for missing the good old days of the 2000s - early 2010s.

If we had time travel tech, such as the Dr. Who TARDIS, I would go back to the 2000s or early 2010s, where people were moderate such as Mitt Romney on the right, and Al Gore on the left. But the ethics of time travel is for another thread.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,783,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,783,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what 80,000 looks like - at a Springsteen concert at the MetLife stadium:

Screenshot 2024-05-12 214718.png

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

I suppose your definition of Moderate is: someone who doesn't like Trump?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,783,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't like Springsteen

but I guess that's not relevant. ,
It is in regards to the size of the crowd. It wasn't 100,000. I am sure there were more initially at Trump's Wildwood rally but they must have left before or during his speech.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟340,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I suppose your definition of Moderate is: someone who doesn't like Trump?

Sigh, no.

I'll draw from my memory of his time as governor, supplemented by his Wikipedia page where I've forgotten some things.

On the environment, he did some things to protect the environment and other things to protect businesses. On same-sex marriage (note: pre-Obergefell), he opposed same-sex marriage but supported civil unions. However, when the NJ Supreme Court ruled in favor of same-sex marriage, Governor Christie accepted the court's decision as law. On gun ownership, he supported some regulations and opposed others. On education: Governor Christie worked to reduce funding to public K-12 schools and to state universities. On disaster relief: Governor Christie worked with the Obama administration to get funding to aid people affected by Hurricane Sandy; he was quite outspoken about his willingness to work with people of both parties in Washington on this occasion, and I think his response to Hurricane Sandy was largely responsible for his re-election.

So, that is what a moderate Republican looks like.

Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
Metropolis
✟47,999.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some are saying Trumps rally was record breaking.

One of the many comments that was made.
Quote - As a former New Jersey citizen, I am astounded. I never thought I would see this kind of patriotic turn out in such a sickening blue state. It does my heart good to see such support for President Trump. I cannot wait to cast my vote for him in November.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Some also say that the earth is flat and that the moon landing was fake.

Quote - As a former New Jersey citizen, I am astounded. I never thought I would see this kind of patriotic turn out in such a sickening blue state. It does my heart good to see such support for President Trump. I cannot wait to cast my vote for him in November.
The capacity for the venue was 20,000. The 80,000 number (not 100k) was put out by town officials who decided to include all the people on the boardwalk and who lined up along the motorcade route.

• Winner
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,783,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Ha! That is not 100,000.

Upvote 0