• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SOSI Chat and Brainstorm Center

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Been a while since we used THIS thread eh?

I didn't want to start a whole new thread to share some more good news-

I competed in my Toastmasters Club's Humourous Speech contest tonight and I WON!

I really wanted to win- I really TRIED to win- I really practised to win and I really hoped to win. I didn't pray to win though- I prayed that I wouldn't forget my speech. BUT I DID! I forgot the second last line- the line about GOD!!!!:doh: Crazy eh? I totally drew a blank but I finished it off and there ya go.

So, I'm moving up to the next level of competition in 2 weeks where I will compete against the winners of the other clubs. I want to win THAT too.

It's amazing to set a goal and accomplish it. It's bloody great.

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Great job Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ARE pretty funny you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Takes one to know one lady. :D

I'll tape the next time I give the speech and upload it to youtube so you's can watch it for yourself.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Takes one to know one lady. :D

I'll tape the next time I give the speech and upload it to youtube so you's can watch it for yourself.

Paula- I don't know why I don't check this thread more often. I didn't see your post til just now. I would love to see your next speech.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums