• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sometimes I think I am not a Christian

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the Trinity, but sometimes think, "No, not God, it's Jesus."
I believe Jesus died for all of my sins, but still conser myself a sinner.
I believe the Bible is God's Word, but fail to see it as totally accurate.

Consequently, I worry about losing my salvation because of a personality problem. My life isn't about God, even though I was saved 22 years ago and have been baptized. I need assurance I will go to heaven when I die.

• Agree
Reactions: SamsonXX

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟31,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are going to heaven, beloved believer.

If your heart condemns you- God is greater than your heart.

PS the gospel is simple. Salvation = beleif+repentance. And dont forget to get into the word. I know its hard if youve been saved for a while. It seems like reading the bible isnt that great. But it is an essential. God bless you

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in the Trinity, but sometimes think, "No, not God, it's Jesus."

Consequently, I worry about losing my salvation because of a personality problem. My life isn't about God, even though I was saved 22 years ago and have been baptized. I need assurance I will go to heaven when I die.
Sin eats away at us. Jesus is the only one who never sinned and never will. We have sinned and will still sin until we are with our Father.
Don’t let the enemy tell you that because you sin that you are not worthy of Heaven. Christ Jesus died for you and those sins you have committed and the ones you will commit tomorrow and every day forward.
Personality problem? Meaning personality disorder? Have that dx. BPD. And with God I’ve learned how He sees me. And that has changed so much. Yes I struggle at times with what I think should be a normal reaction to a situation and I go to God and He knows my issues and loves me. Remember that He created us. He knew our personality problems before we ever did. He wants us to go to Him to heal, to grow, to become stronger in Him.

I understand what you mean about the Trinity. I worry I don’t focus enough on Jesus. The enemy loves to take that and try to convince me something is wrong. Then I take a moment and focus on the cross.

Happy to chat anytime if you want to message. You are not alone.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You are going to heaven, beloved believer.

If your heart condemns you- God is greater than your heart.

PS the gospel is simple. Salvation = beleif+repentance. And dont forget to get into the word. I know its hard if youve been saved for a while. It seems like reading the bible isnt that great. But it is an essential. God bless you

I suck at the repentence part. John 3:16 does not mention this, but other verses do, and I never repent. I struggle with the idea that because repentence and confuession are listed as requirements for salvation it could have bene fake.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Cannock Chase, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟784,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I've been in the faith for around 20 years and often find myself trying to make sense of things. We all go through periods of questioning why we believe.

But Jesus still loves you and it's His complete pleasure to offer you a place in heaven. There are many many rooms in the Father's house. So be not afraid. Keep close to Jesus, keep living for Him and enjoy this life with all His abundant blessings.

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suck at the repentence part. John 3:16 does not mention this, but other verses do, and I never repent. I struggle with the idea that because repentence and confuession are listed as requirements for salvation it could have bene fake.
Repenting is more than asking forgiveness. Repenting is turning away from whatever it might be. Not sure turning away from a sin could be fake. And God knows your heart. He knows it way better than you do. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Trust me. It leads to darkness, to pulling away, to feeling like it’s hopeless. It’s not. The enemy is grabbing hold of your thoughts. Gotta replace the negative with the positive. The positive is the Truth. Open the Bible. Read it. Listen to it let the Truth take over the false.

Upvote 0

SamsonXX

Apr 22, 2019
Missouri
Visit site
✟1,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Repentance and turning the other cheek has put many a Christian 6 foot under.

I defiantly Love our God and Jesus Christ that died for our sins.

In my sinner mind..ZERO Christian persecution, no more!

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

Romans 12:19

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think repent means?

Upvote 0

Gods not mad

Mar 31, 2019
united states
✟19,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

and

john 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever BELIEVES in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

repent-in greek (metanoia) which means change of mind. change mind to what to who Christ says he is or in other words beleive.

confession-in greek (homologeo) which means to speak the same or agree

john 3:16 does say that. here is another example (matthew 4:17) From that time Jesus began to preach and say, Repent (change your mind and agree), for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

we are unable to fulfill the law and that is why we need Christ and his finished work to be counted as righteous before God. you are made righteous before God not by anything you are able to do but because what he has done. when God looks at his children me and you he does not see us, he sees his son. Jesus saves the soul of the sinner not the flesh. the flesh we still deal with so yes we will still sin. Jesus works this sin out of us as we walk with him but no man on this is without present sin. if that were the case they would have their glorified body. we identify with Christ because he is our high priest.

I believe in the Trinity, but sometimes think, "No, not God, it's Jesus.

(john 1)
in the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God.

the word became flesh and dwelt among us

don't we all have personality problems. (matthew 6:33) But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. turn towards God and your assurance is in him. don't work for your salvation believe he is who he says he is. Jesus has already done the work.

when you say your life isn't about God thank you for being honest. God is love and he is truth so he is loving truth that will wrap you in his arms no matter what you have done or been through. God is not mad God is love. Jesus paid the price for every horrible thing you and i have done past present and future and his only response is i love you. were you alive 2000 years ago because the price he paid was for the sin that you will commit tomorrow. perfect love cast out fear. rest in who he is. the work is finished. we are all growing here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟145,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, one of two things will happen with you. You will either struggle though this until you have assurance, or you will give up and find yourself condemned when you face God.

If you find you are afraid of ending up under God's wrath; that is actually a good thing, because "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom". The end of wisdom is love, because perfect love cast out fear.

To struggle with the fear though is a valid struggle. Keep searching until you find; for those who seek with all their being will find.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Asking God for forgiveness of my sins; synonym of confession.
That's not repenting...what you describe above is being sorry for one's sins and confessing them. IOW, telling God you're sorry you sinned.

Repentance is different, and I do believe you repented 22 years ago. It means that you change your mind and decide to follow God instead of the enemy. It means you've changed direction..you were going one way; now your turned around and are going the other way -- towards God.

I don't know what you mean by "my life isn't about God" but I can tell you two things.

1. We all sin. We do have to feel sorry for the sin in order to ask forgiveness for it. And why wouldn't you be sorry to hurt the One that hung on the cross for you? It's like hurting your mom or husband/wife or friend...we're sorry and we reconcile with them.
(asking forgiveness is not the same as reconciliation, BTW).

2. The bible's accuracy.
You're worried because the bible doesn't seem totally accurate to you. Well, you're right -- it's not.
There are inaccurate statements made but the point is that the bible is God's way of communicating to you how to be reconciled to Him and walk with Him.
The men writing it did not huddle and decide what to write. They each wrote what they remembered.. there are no big conflicts in the N.T. Everything written that is important can be agreed upon by all of us.

I like John chapter 15 when someone has a doubt.
Also the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

God is always waiting for you.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I know in my heart I live for God, but I can't do anything except wait for Mom to die (one of my problems is living with her until that happens). How can I live for God if He gave me anxiety, depression, and ASD? You know we are all created in God's image and He does not make mistakes, so I could not have gotten a psychiatric disorder from anyone else.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟478,739.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
its the personalty disorder that causes this i have BPD and i been going through this for years i thought i was the only person that does this over and over i thought its OCD because its to do with religion but its the illness

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I do not have BPD. I just keep questioning myself about my faith when I should be learning what all Bible verses about salvation mean. How can I know I am a Christian but also think I lost my salvation or wasn't really saved 22 years ago?

Upvote 0