Possible reasons some don't receive healing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When it comes to healing, the problem for most people isn't really a so called lack of faith. How much faith is required to be healed? The Word says that all we need is faith the size of a mustard seed to receive what we ask for in prayer.

Possible reasons some don't receive healing:

1. Timing. It might not be the time or season for your healing.
2. Too many limit God in the way He can heal them.
Many believers are taught to do nothing but just claim healing and believe for a miracle ( There is nothing wrong with this. In fact, God has healed me this way before).
I advise people to seek God first, speak the Word, believe they have been healed, but keep an open ear to hear if God wants you to do something.
Too often people die believing that they have been healed.

Right now, I'm reading a book called "How to heal the sick" by the Hunters. They mentioned how during one service how 3 different people with crossed eyes were healed in 3 different ways.

a. For instance, He might tell you to remove or add something to your diet.
I have heard of a lady with MS who would speak healing scriptures over herself. One day she heard God give her specific instructions on how to change her diet. So, she obeyed. And guess what? She was healed !!

My personal story- Once I got really sick. I had no idea what was wrong and I didn't have health insurance.
I figured that I just had a sore throat. I quoted scripture daily and declared that my sore throat was healed.

Just speaking the Word and claiming healing helped heal me once in the past. However, this time the pain just go worse.
I don't think the problem was faith since I had been miraculously healed before (so I had no reason to doubt God).

I really wanted to look my symptoms up to find out if I had something else beside a sore throat. However, I felt like by doing so would show a lack of faith. I finally decided to go to one of those health websites and came across a condition called thrush (found in people with low immune systems or poor diets). Thrush is characterized by white nodules/lumps on the back of the throat. I went to the mirror and was shocked to discover that my throat looked like the pitcures online.

Throughout the night, I would command thrush to leave my body, pray for God to strengthen my immune sytem and praise God.The next morning I got up and went to the tv (this is unusual for me since I don't usually start my day watching tv). The tv happened to be on a christian health program that was discussing thrush. Then another show came on and the health experts were also discusing my health condition. Then I went to Valerie Saxion's website (a christian naturopathic doctor) and her show that week was going to be on thrush and candida. So, I went to the health food store I got the recommended item and I was instantly healed. After that, I also made the necessary changes to my diet. If I wouldn't have figured out that I had thrush, then I would have ignored those shows and I wouldn't have made the necessary changes to get healed.

God could have healed me instantly ( like He did when I suffered with another ailment) but I believe He wanted me to become aware of the root of my problem. I needed to learn to take better care of my body so that I wouldn't go through this again.

b. God might tell you to let go of any toxic emotions (studies have shown that certain emotions can cause health problems)
Once I went on a fast to overcome my struggle with fear & anxiety and I was healed of a condition that I had suffered with for over 4 years. I think that a combination of releasing my negative emotions and fasting helped healed me.

c God might want you to accept accept His forgiveness.
A perfect example is the bible story where Jesus simple tells a man that His sins have been forgiven (luke 5:20).

d God might want you to go to the doctor.
Sometimes God could have a divine set up waiting for you.

Awhile ago, on Praise the Lord, a man gave his daughter's healing testimony. One day, he met a guy at the hospital with an injured hand ( he didn't know the guy was a surgeon). So, he helps rehab the guys hand. The man's daughter ends up needing surgery. It turns out that the guy's hand he rehabed is the only or one of the only surgeon's in the U.S. trained to do the particular surgery needed. So, his daughter has the surgery and gets better. Wow, isn't God amazing?!

3. Your healing might be blocked by a having a divided heart.

On the outside, you might confess that you have been healed but inside you might be more focused on fear rather than faith.
Your heart has to line up with what you speak. The Word tells us to guard our heart with all diligence. Where is your heart set? What is bigger in your eyes- fear or God's ability to heal you? I've been hearing how quantum physics relates to faith. If you sow fear, you reap the results of fear. In the bible, Jobs fears came upon Him. Also, fear has some sort of physiological impact on the body.

Also, you have to focus on what you want rather what you don't want.
Instead of saying," I don't want to die" say "I want to be healed". With the first phrase you are actually focused on death.

4. Some put off their healing for the future instead of claiming it now.
In the past, I thought it was ok to say "God will heal me" or " I'm going to be healed".
I heard a sermon by a pastor who found out that she had cancer. She remembered how her sister died of cancer believing that "she will be healed one day". The pastor said that God revealed to her that saying "I will be healed" pushes healing off into the future beyond your grasp and you never receive it.

When you say " I will be healed" your saying that God's work on the cross isn't done. The scriptures don't say that by Jesus' stripes you
will be healed.

When you claim that you are healed, it doesn't mean that you have to deny the facts of your condition. Just focus on the TRUTH that the blood of Jesus has healed you in the spirit rather than focusing on the FACTS of your ailment. The truth never changes but facts can change.

5.Then there are also other possible unknown reasons.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There may be various reasons why we do not receive a healing when we seek one, but the reasons that cluster around the matter of it not being God's time or season for that make the most sense. The reasons which cluster around our performance or focus strike Moriah as too close to sorcery for comfort. The idea that our minds control or influence the matter at all comes perilously close to sorcery, the definition of which consists in "causing change to occur in conformity with one's will."

ON THE OTHER HAND ... yes, there have been soft studies and such showing that more positive thoughts definitely have a benefit to the mind thinking them than more negative ones, etc. But if we go into the realm of discussing what OUR minds bring about, we have left the realm of discussion the matter of GOD healing us. When God performs a miraculous total healing, it bes a miracle, not a matter of us having trained our minds to focus on positive thoughts.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There may be various reasons why we do not receive a healing when we seek one, but the reasons that cluster around the matter of it not being God's time or season for that make the most sense. The reasons which cluster around our performance or focus strike Moriah as too close to sorcery for comfort. The idea that our minds control or influence the matter at all comes perilously close to sorcery, the definition of which consists in "causing change to occur in conformity with one's will."
well said friend!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
The reasons which cluster around our performance or focus strike Moriah as too close to sorcery for comfort. The idea that our minds control or influence the matter at all comes perilously close to sorcery, the definition of which consists in "causing change to occur in conformity with one's will.

What the OP is talking about is not sorcery. It is the power of God operating from our spirit through a renewed mind. It is spiritual power, not mind power.

He who is joined to the Lord is "one spirit with Him". He works both in and through us. This is entirely different than sorcery, although the Devil does attempt to copycat God's power using man's soulish mind power.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then perhaps it misunderstood the OP, but the OP distinctly seemed to be invoking the use of the human mind and human effort to effect (or at least aid/hasten) a healing from God.

Examples:
Also, you have to focus on what you want rather what you don't want.
Instead of saying," I don't want to die" say "I want to be healed". With the first phrase you are actually focused on death.
^^ this suggests that whether GOD heals or not bes at least in part dependent upon what we "focus upon". Christ's healing ministry in scripture does not show this as an example. Nowhere does Christ attempt to program a human mind to think the right thoughts in order to be healed. When people asked Him to heal them, He did so. In fact frequently we see Him doing so smack in the face of doubt. Take Lazarus for example.... "Lord, he's been dead 4 days ... he probably stinks ripe about now!!"

4. Some put off their healing for the future instead of claiming it now.
^^ suggests that whether GOD heals us or not depends on whether we "claim" it. Nowhere in any of Christ's healing ministry did the persons being healed get required to "claim" it or "step out in faith" (talk themselves into believing it); HE spake and it got DONE and as a RESULT, they EXPERIENCED the REALITY of it.

Just focus on the TRUTH that the blood of Jesus has healed you in the spirit rather than focusing on the FACTS of your ailment.
^^ Again, this suggests that whether God heals or not depends on what humans focus the mind upon. No, it does not. Either GOD heals or HE does not. No two ways about it, and it does not depend on US or what WE do any more than Him SAVING us depends thereupon. Not by works of righteousness which WE have done but according to HIS MERCY He saved us.

The truth never changes but facts can change.
^^ no offense but this just seems perilous and foolish, attempting to divorce the concept of TRUTH from the concept of FACT. Truth CONSISTS in factual accuracy.

Those would be just a few examples ... there bes more ...

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Jesus operated in the 'fullness' of the Godhead. He healed through the gifts of the Holy Spirit - healing gifts - miracle gifts - word of knowledge etc.

What the Op is talking about is healing through our own 'measure of faith' that God has given to each. If this was taught regularly in the churches, it would be as normal as getting saved, but it's not.

It involves renewing the mind so that what the Word says is how we think and see reality. God is Truth, therefore whatever He says is Reality and reigns over this lower realm of the natural. Renewing the mind to this allows the spirit/Spirit within to release power for healing.

It is serving God with our whole being - giving our mind, our tongue, our focus, our being to Him to think, say, and act in accordance to His truth.

This is growing up to be sons and daughters of God - leaving childhood behind, and learning to reign with Him. Paul's epistles are about this kind of life.

Reactions: map4
Upvote 0

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It involves renewing the mind so that what the Word says is how we think and see reality. God is Truth, therefore whatever He says is Reality and reigns over this lower realm of the natural. Renewing the mind to this allows the spirit/Spirit within to release power for healing.

It is serving God with our whole being - giving our mind, our tongue, our focus, our being to Him to think, say, and act in accordance to His truth.

:thumbsup: Exactly! This is definitely sums up a point I wanted to convey when I started this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟850,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for this thread. One of my most troubling "gripes" is when people suggest I don't have enough faith, because I have not been instantly and completely healed of all afflictions, physical, mental, and financial. One person (who was not a charismatic and didn't preach divine healing) even went so far as to say that if Jesus had truly saved me, I wouldn't have a depressive illness, and the fact that I do means I'm not actually saved.

In how many languages can you say, "phooey"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It all comes down to "Who you are" and "Who are you" in our Lord Jesus Christ.

And as CA said, it's all about renewing our mind, but that mind is the spiritual mind, our heart.

We have to get through the quagmire of the "soul", past all our emotional hurts and feelings, overcome our self-will, battle our carnal mind, and when that is all done then the renewal of heart will begin, and His Word and our Lord Jesus Christ will settle upon our heart, and then healing will come.

Many true-blue Christians still have much renewing to do to overcome their form of subtle rebellion.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I like OP's post. There is confusion between the determined Will of God and our responsibility as a Christian. Do not forget to do good (Hebrews 13:16) to help the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed (Luke 14:13-14). God will be glorified who use their spiritual gift for "help others" and "works of service"(1Corinth. 12:28, Eph. 4:12).

The Bible teaches us to bear the burdens of someone with a disability fulfills a command of scripture (Galatians 6:2). 2 Samuel 9:3-4 tells the story of David’s kindness to Mephibosheth, the lame son of Jonathan, modeling the way the church should minister.

There will be times that God will not heal.

I asked for love.................God gave me situations I have encountered so I can learn to love Him and others around me.

I asked for strength...........God gave me difficulties which gave me strengths to handle my life.

I asked for wisdom...........God gave me problems to learn to solve with Godly wisdom.

I asked for prosperity.......God gave me a brain and a talent to work so I can make good money (which I do).

I asked for courage..........God gave me dangers to learn to overcome my situations.

I asked for healing............God gave me directions so I can help others with love who are in the same situations as I am.

I asked for guidance........God gave me opportunities to use to direct my paths.

Upvote 0

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
To answer the OP:

It's not about "our", or "us" or timing or whatever.
If God will's it, it shall be done. Nothing more, nothing less in that remark.

It's the practice of promising healings from various charlatan's of the "church" that causes all of these questions to begin with....IMHO.

Peace and God Bless.

Upvote 0

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If God will's it, it shall be done. Nothing more, nothing less in that remark.

So, how do you determine whether or not something is God's Will?

For instance, it took me more than 4 years to get healed ... imagine if I would've just given up and assumed it wasn't God's Will for me to be healed?

What about the woman with the issue of blood?
What about Abraham and Sarah and their desire for a child? Any normal Christian would have assumed that it just wasn't God's will to conceive a child, since they had waited so long.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The will of God has already been stated, and in no uncertain terms.
God has provided healing for every man, woman, and child.
It is alreay done, and all one need do is side with the established word and work of God.
The number one indisputable reason why people are not healed is rebellion against the works and word of God.
If you say God has not done it, you are rebelling against the word and no wonder you are not healed. God has done it. It is finished.
Side with God and His word.
"By His stripes ye WERE healed..."
"Were" is past tense. It has already been done.
Never never let the words "why does God not do it" or "He may do in in the future" pass out your mouth. That is doubt and unbelief. It is denial of His word and the work of Christ on the cross.
Start with this truth. Side with God that it is already done.
Side with God!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for this thread. One of my most troubling "gripes" is when people suggest I don't have enough faith, because I have not been instantly and completely healed of all afflictions, physical, mental, and financial. One person (who was not a charismatic and didn't preach divine healing) even went so far as to say that if Jesus had truly saved me, I wouldn't have a depressive illness, and the fact that I do means I'm not actually saved.

In how many languages can you say, "phooey"?

It wanted to say that at least they don't blame YOUR affliction as being YOUR fault because of "sin" -- but then it remembered, yeah, they do that crap to people suffering from depression too. :doh:

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is alreay done, and all one need do is side with the established word and work of God.
The number one indisputable reason why people are not healed is rebellion against the works and word of God.
If you say God has not done it, you are rebelling against the word and no wonder you are not healed. God has done it. It is finished.
Never never let the words "why does God not do it" or "He may do in in the future" pass out your mouth. That is doubt and unbelief. It is denial of His word and the work of Christ on the cross.
Wow. Moriah finds this extremely toxic, oppressive and abusive. And at the same time can tell it bes not MEANT to be that way, at least, not by the one who posted it.

But WOW, what a load of manipulative guilt tripping ... no wonder those who believe those things and then don't see the goods delivered become so miserable, depressed, doubtful, discouraged, and otherwise confused. :(
Please don't take that as an insult. It feels deeply distressed that people's minds and hearts get messed with that way. :prayer: To make them feel that to acknowledge reality when they do not get healed constitutes rebellion against God? To make them believe "obedience" to God involves LYING TO THEMSELVES???? WOW. TWISTED.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Start with this truth. Side with God that it is already done.
Side with God!:clap:

How many times to we have to point out that the phrase in 2 Peter 2, “by His stripes you were healed” is not talking about physical healing?
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 “ Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;
23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
Where exactly, do you find physical healing in this passage?

Furthermore, the phrase “by His stripes you were healed” is taken from Isaiah 53.5. Of the eight instances in Isaiah where a variation the word “heal” is used it is never talking about physical healing (SEE HERE). Rather, Isaiah always has spiritual healing, healing of national backsliding, healing of the soul in mind, never physical healing for the body.

Dids, with all due respect, to continue to make 2 Peter 2.24 a support scripture for physical healing, especially PHIA, is, IMO, to continue misleading people.

~Jim

I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is NOT a debate area.
If you want to debate the OP, then go to the debate subforum and start up a debate.
Thanks.

Sorry, I didn’t know this was your thread and I did not read the [No Debate] warning in the thread title.

Anyhow, I was not debating. It was more like cleaning up an old mess. ;)

~Jim

I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.