Possible reasons some don't receive healing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I can’t disagree with what I consider a serious error in this forum, I’m headed to the debate (discussion) forum. In fact, you may find me there more than here. S’long, amigo. :wave:

~Jim

I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.
Have a good time.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why was this thread moved to the debate forum????

It was a fellowship thread that was attacked by those who disagree with the OP.
Does this mean that every time someone disagrees with a thread in the main forum, all they have to do it start debating in it and the mods will punish the OPer and move it to debate????
That is good to know.
I will watch for threads in the main forum that I do not like and I will remember to start attacking the op. The obedient little mods will move it into the debate subforum right where I want it to be!!!!
Good knowledge to have!!!!:thumbsup:

Where did you get your mod license? From a cracker box???^_^

Hint 1
The attackers were breaking the rules by debating in a fellowship thread. You rewarded them by moving thread here.
Hint 2
The thing to do was to remove the debate posts from the thread and remind the offenders about the new rules.

Hmmmm...

Do I have to start moding again to fix all this???

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why was this thread moved to the debate forum????

It was a fellowship thread that was attacked by those who disagree with the OP.
Does this mean that every time someone disagrees with a thread in the main forum, all they have to do it start debating in it and the mods will punish the OPer and move it to debate????
That is good to know.
I will watch for threads in the main forum that I do not like and I will remember to start attacking the op. The obedient little mods will move it into the debate subforum right where I want it to be!!!!
Good knowledge to have!!!!:thumbsup:

Where did you get your mod license? From a cracker box???^_^

Hint 1
The attackers were breaking the rules by debating in a fellowship thread. You rewarded them by moving thread here.
Hint 2
The thing to do was to remove the debate posts from the thread and remind the offenders about the new rules.

Hmmmm...

Do I have to start moding again to fix all this???

When is disagreeing “attacking”? Is it possible to post a differing opinion to an OP without an argument? Can we have differences of opinion in the main forum or must we always agree?

~Jim
I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When is disagreeing “attacking”? Is it possible to post a differing opinion to an OP without an argument? Can we have differences of opinion in the main forum or must we always agree?

~Jim

Ok... then it is not debate and should not have been moved here.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For that matter since when does referring to something erring as "blundering" constitute a FLAME worthy of getting a staff notice over??? :( Particularly when the context involves referring -- compassionately and humbly -- to one's OWN experience of having made the SAME blunder at some point????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We all have a faith given by God but many of us lack PATIENCE. We are in a society that likes everything to happen quickly.
Good point, excellent. We think we should no longer have to defer or delay our own gratification. Yes.

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
We all have a faith given by God but many of us lack PATIENCE. {HEBREWS 6:12}That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through FAITH and PATIENCE inherit the promises.

So, how do you determine whether or not something is God's Will?

For instance, it took me more than 4 years to get healed ... imagine if I would've just given up and assumed it wasn't God's Will for me to be healed?

This is one of the key reasons, IMO, that people don't get healed. How many will give up and say "It must not be God's will" or it "must not be God's timing" when their healing doesn't appear quickly. Even when they see in scriptures how Jesus turned no one away from healing their sick bodies or delivering them from the enemy.

But you stood on the Word of Truth for 4 years, allowing your faith to grow strong in it's maturing as Abraham did, because you believed it to carry the backing of God Himself, who never renegs on His promises. Kudos!! :thumbsup:

The will of God has already been stated, and in no uncertain terms.
God has provided healing for every man, woman, and child.
It is alreay done, and all one need do is side with the established word and work of God.
The number one indisputable reason why people are not healed is rebellion against the works and word of God.
If you say God has not done it, you are rebelling against the word and no wonder you are not healed. God has done it. It is finished.
Side with God and His word.
"By His stripes ye WERE healed..."
"Were" is past tense. It has already been done.
Never never let the words "why does God not do it" or "He may do in in the future" pass out your mouth. That is doubt and unbelief. It is denial of His word and the work of Christ on the cross.
Start with this truth. Side with God that it is already done.
Side with God!:clap:

I'm printing this out. It cuts to the chase. Do we believe God's Word of not. It's really that simple!!!

Time to grow up Church. Make a decision. Is God good for His promises or not?

I feel faith rising just reading it. Thanks Dids. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is one of the key reasons, IMO, that people don't get healed. How many will give up and say "It must not be God's will" or it "must not be God's timing" when their healing doesn't appear quickly. Even when they see in scriptures how Jesus turned no one away from healing their sick bodies or delivering them from the enemy.

But you stood on the Word of Truth for 4 years, allowing your faith to grow strong in it's maturing as Abraham did, because you believed it to carry the backing of God Himself, who never renegs on His promises. Kudos!! :thumbsup:

I'm printing this out. It cuts to the chase. Do we believe God's Word of not. It's really that simple!!!

Time to grow up Church. Make a decision. Is God good for His promises or not?

I feel faith rising just reading it. Thanks Dids. :thumbsup:

I feel that this concept that "it is not God's time" is a result of looking at the circumstances from the wrong direction. That statement assumes that God is withholding healing from us, and that at some point in the future He will change and at that point we will be healed. I think that in reality God was not withholding anything and the healing came in OUR time not His. His time was 2000 years ago on the cross. Our time is when faith comes. Eventually we obtain the faith to recieve healing, and mistakenly think "See... God did it in His time." No... We simply caught up with Him. Any time factor that existed was on account of our finally getting there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

~Jim

Jim Jim Jim....
In debating we all "attack" the other person's position and defend our own position. And debating is what we are talking about.

Have some pie.
And I do not mean the kind you throw. Try some chocolate cream cheese pie. It is a family favorite. Some people like it with graham cracker crust... but being the purist I am, I go for the plain old pie crust momma used to make.
Put a little whipped cream on it!
So good!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I could not respond while I was out since I was in the process of moving into a house that we just bought. I decided to let this and other threads go because it is now in God's hands to direct our minds and hearts to go to the right path of doctrinal beliefs.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

5.Then there are also other possible unknown reasons.

And one of those reasons may be “because it may not God’s will” one of the reasons? But that should not be an "unknown" reason.

To me, that is the most reasonable reason why we do not receive healing from the Lord. The assumption is that because healing is in the Atonement (which it isn’t) it is just as much God’s will to heal us as it is to redeem us. But if we remove that assumption, we can see that sickness may sometimes work God’s purpose in our lives.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. (2 Cor. 4.17).
“Affliction” in the NT often means illnesses (see here). So, if afflictions are working for us something that is eternal, then such afflictions are in the will of God.

~Jim

Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could not respond while I was out since I was in the process of moving into a house that we just bought. I decided to let this and other threads go because it is now in God's hands to direct our minds and hearts to go to the right path of doctrinal beliefs.
Exactly...
That is how I got to where I am!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And one of those reasons may be “because it may not God’s will” one of the reasons? But that should not be an "unknown" reason.

To me, that is the most reasonable reason why we do not receive healing from the Lord. The assumption is that because healing is in the Atonement (which it isn’t) it is just as much God’s will to heal us as it is to redeem us. But if we remove that assumption, we can see that sickness may sometimes work God’s purpose in our lives.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. (2 Cor. 4.17).
“Affliction” in the NT often means illnesses (see here). So, if afflictions are working for us something that is eternal, then such afflictions are in the will of God.

~Jim

Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw
But these afflictions (such as Paul's thorn) occur due to some sin or failure on our part (with Paul it was pride) that we cannot or will not deal with using the overcoming methods He has given us. Paul could have utilized the graces of God (which was sufficient to accomplish this taskl) to deal with his pride. But he did not. As a result the demon was sent to do for Him to drive Him to the place where He would have to approach the throne of grace for mercy.
The point is: God has given us all we need to overcome our flesh, our sin, our weaknesses, the devil, and whatever else comes against us. If we use those tools, then the afflictions will not have to be sent.
God did not save us and then, as a part of His plan, start sending afflictions at us to perfect us. The afflictions come on us to force us to the place where we do what we are supposed to do, and that is utilize the all sufficient grace of God to grown in faith and love. But in the end, it is the faith in His word and love that accomplishes the benefit. The afflictions only have the effect of driving us to the place where we fall at the foot of the cross and are perfected by His grace.
Suffering and afflictions do not perfect anyone.
Faith and the grace of God in Christ is the only thing that saves, sanctifies, and perfects us.
All else, including suffering, is nothing but works.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.