Possible reasons some don't receive healing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But these afflictions (such as Paul's thorn) occur due to some sin or failure on our part (with Paul it was pride) that we cannot or will not deal with using the overcoming methods He has given us. Paul could have utilized the graces of God (which was sufficient to accomplish this taskl) to deal with his pride. But he did not. As a result the demon was sent to do for Him to drive Him to the place where He would have to approach the throne of grace for mercy.
The point is: God has given us all we need to overcome our flesh, our sin, our weaknesses, the devil, and whatever else comes against us. If we use those tools, then the afflictions will not have to be sent.
God did not save us and then, as a part of His plan, start sending afflictions at us to perfect us. The afflictions come on us to force us to the place where we do what we are supposed to do, and that is utilize the all sufficient grace of God to grown in faith and love. But in the end, it is the faith in His word and love that accomplishes the benefit. The afflictions only have the effect of driving us to the place where we fall at the foot of the cross and are perfected by His grace.
Suffering and afflictions do not perfect anyone.
Faith and the grace of God in Christ is the only thing that saves, sanctifies, and perfects us.
All else, including suffering, is nothing but works.

IMO, “afflictions” arise from a lot of sources other than (but not excluding) God—viruses, aging, bad habits, lack of exercise, etc.etc., even demons (spirit of infirmity) and God can use these afflictions, infirmities to teach us things, eternal things, we need to know.

And yes, suffering perfects us, just as it did Christ: 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,” (Hebrews 5)

~Jim

Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Paul's Letters and aware of his afflictions that we can learn much truth from afflictions, some of it depressing and some altogether elevating and wonderful. The regenerate believer often has a more difficult time of it than the unregenerate because of spiritual warfare. Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. God uses suffering to perfect His power as verse 9 said "Power is perfected in weakness". God is saying "You should not have self-confidence and trust in yourself in the sense you believe you're capable of anything eternal that only I can provide grace and power." Only God can overcome situation as long as you trust in His GRACE. The question here is, when God given you the grace to handle the sufferings of life, did you allowed Him? That's the issue.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul's Letters and aware of his afflictions that we can learn much truth from afflictions, some of it depressing and some altogether elevating and wonderful. The regenerate believer often has a more difficult time of it than the unregenerate because of spiritual warfare. Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. God uses suffering to perfect His power as verse 9 said "Power is perfected in weakness". God is saying "You should not have self-confidence and trust in yourself in the sense you believe you're capable of anything eternal that only I can provide grace and power." Only God can overcome situation as long as you trust in His GRACE. The question here is, when God given you the grace to handle the sufferings of life, did you allowed Him? That's the issue.

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. (1 Peter 5.10)

~Jim
Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. (1 Peter 5.10)

~Jim

:amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.