Name a single religion that treats Mary with more disrespect than Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Well, since you have such a bad attitude towards me, but you seem willing to listen to others without being so vicious, I will let them converse with you. Obviously you hate my guts for other reasons entirely, and my presence here is only hindering the possibility of your calming down and having a rational dialog.

God bless and take care.
YOU are so full of it. I don't hate you..HOW can I? I don't know you, except from your posts...and STILL you refuse to answer my questions?!? MAYBE I will stop seeking 'truth'!! HM....just a thought.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

like unto bees about a honeycomb
Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
[
NICE demeaning my mother now are you??? HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! MODS!!!! PLEASE..this has gone on far enough> I AM SICK of being insulted by this person.

See- when somebody insults your mother, they insult you, too. Get it?

Rdr Moses

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
[

See- when somebody insults your mother, they insult you, too. Get it?

Rdr Moses
first off..I wasn't insulting Mary at all! I was just saying...lets keep it simple. She is His mother. NOT a glorified object of worship. That is ALL I was saying. BUT saying my mother wasn't smart and everything else was just rude?!! HOW do you know I am not honestly trying to figure out the Catholic faith? AND MAYBE just MAYBE convert?? BY the actions here?? HEll will freeze over first. NO way. The catholics I know at home are SO much more christian than the ones I have found here on these forums.

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And they may have even taught her mother wrong, but given that what JP is saying is so obviously contrary to RCC doctrine, that seems highly unlikely to me.
Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible. I've heard several people I'd trust to know what they heard say that their priest taught them that it was wrong to read the Bible. Not just without direction, mind you, but at all, despite that being quite contrary to the official Catholic position. As far as I can tell it actually accomplished the oppisite of their design: instead of being protected from heretical interpretations, as I suppose was the priest's intent, these people had no grounding in Catholic interpretation, and left the CC almost as soon as they opened their Bibles.

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
first off..I wasn't insulting Mary at all! I was just saying...lets keep it simple. She is His mother. NOT a glorified object of worship. That is ALL I was saying. BUT saying my mother wasn't smart and everything else was just rude?!! HOW do you know I am not honestly trying to figure out the Catholic faith? AND MAYBE just MAYBE convert?? BY the actions here?? HEll will freeze over first. NO way. The catholics I know at home are SO much more christian than the ones I have found here on these forums.
Are you talking about Mike? 'Cause he's not Catholic...

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible. I've heard several people I'd trust to know what they heard say that their priest taught them that it was wrong to read the Bible. Not just without direction, mind you, but at all, despite that being quite contrary to the official Catholic position. As far as I can tell it actually accomplished the oppisite of their design: instead of being protected from heretical interpretations, as I suppose was the priest's intent, these people had no grounding in Catholic interpretation, and left the CC almost as soon as they opened their Bibles.
ya know, you really do have a sweet spirit about you. I appreciate your input. Honestly I do.

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about Mike? 'Cause he's not Catholic...
good defender of it then! But my point is still the same. I have seen alot of catholic people putting ME down cause I am not in that denomination, saying I am not saved cause I am not 'in' the church....and nonsense. The catholic church OR any OTHER denomination did NOT die on the cross for me to purchase MY salvation. I just get upset when MY faith is in question cause I don't dogedly hang on to every word that is spoken. I am HONESTLY seeking TRUE "Christian" love. UNfortunately, i am NOT finding it here at Christian Forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible.

I certainly don't deny the possibility, but the idea of an RCC priest teaching that anyone not in the RCC goes to hell is pretty far out there.
first off, I didn't say they would go to hell. I said, that since I am NOT IN the "Catholic" faith...my salvation was called into question...now read the other post I just posted. #172

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I understand- and I wasn't saying that you were insulting Mary. I was just making a point.

And yes- most Christians (of all stripes) are much nicer in person than they are on the internet ;)

Rdr Moses

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I've never seen a Catholic here say anything like that.
(*BLAM*) (*SMACK*)

OK, OK, I'm leaving...
maybe NOT this specific thread..(bue I think I did..not too over sure... but in many other threads! Some of which YOU were in debating a certain "Rev".

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible.

I certainly don't deny the possibility, but the idea of an RCC priest teaching that anyone not in the RCC goes to hell is pretty far out there.
But she used to be Catholic, didn't she? I thought (I could be wrong, mind you), that for a long while it was taught widely, perhaps even officially, that if a person left the CC they were refusing God's grace, and would most likely go to hell. And then there was that whole invincible ignorance/ not knowing any better/ really believing they were doing right thing that made it oh so complicated and hard to understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
Running Springs (2 hours from LA)
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
good defender of it then!

I consider myself to be defending Christianity, not the RCC.

I just get upset when MY faith is in question cause I don't dogedly hang on to every word that is spoken.

I hven't seen anyone question your faith. I have seen you question other's faith, and I simply attempt to show how you were really attacking the mirror and that your statements unavoidably attacked your own faith.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
BTW: today is the feast of the nativity of the Theotokos (EO, new calander)! May everyone have a blessed day!

attachment.php

Troparion, tone 4
Thy Nativity, O Theotokos, hath proclaimed joy to the whole world; for from thee hath dawned the sun of righteousness, Christ our God, annulling the curse and bestowing the blessing, abolishing death and granting us life everlasting.

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
Running Springs (2 hours from LA)
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But she used to be Catholic, didn't she? I thought (I could be wrong, mind you), that for a long while it was taught widely, perhaps even officially, that if a person left the CC they were refusing God's grace, and would most likely go to hell. And then there was that whole invincible ignorance/ not knowing any better/ really believing they were doing right thing that made it oh so complicated and hard to understand.

You could well be right. I certainly don't agree with everything the RCC says, and I'm really not interested in defending the RCC. I only defend APOSTOLIC TRADITION. This is a fundamental tenet of Methodism, even though they don't talk about it much, it permeates Methodist theology.

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
first off, I didn't say they would go to hell. I said, that since I am NOT IN the "Catholic" faith...my salvation was called into question...now read the other post I just posted. #172
Did you take into consideration that Catholics (and Orthodox, and some more traditional Protestants) do not consider themselves "saved" yet in any event? Catholics specifically believe that they must die in a state of grace, as per their definition, in order to be saved. So calling anyone's salvation into question, including one's own, would be perfectly in line with Catholic teaching.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.