Minnesota
✟221,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, Jesus said love your enemies, but your gonna appeal to the old testament to overrule him?
The Old Testament is considered the Word of God by Jesus and Christians and Jews.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would just like to point out that during these times the love of many will grow cold.
Let's speak life over each other and pray for all the parties involved.
Not one life means any less to the LORD.
I believe those cast into hell will be totally forgotten. Which may or may not include unrepentant murderers, as well as those unrepentant sinners who turned away, and refused to help protect against the murderers when they could. But I'm not judging. I'm just saying.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hamas deliberately targeted schools and were not justified.
No one is saying they were justified. Well, at least no one here is saying that. What some of us are saying is that Jesus' solution for breaking the cycle of vicious hatred is to love our enemies, bless those who spitefully use us, and pray for those who curse us. This is true for everyone because Jesus wasn't preaching some random, personal life philosophy that his followers may or may not be interested in; he was talking about what it means to be a citizen in the Kingdom of Heaven, and he made it very clear that people who ignore his teachings will show by their own actions that they are not interested in such citizenship.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,485.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For anyone who many not realize, this is called an idiom and this one in particular means that one person or situation should be treated the same way that another person or situation is treated. In other words, all this stuff about Israel not really wanting to kill civilians is getting tiresome. From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and what's being made quite plain is that if civilians die from Israeli bombing, it's deserved because Hamas killed civilians, too. It is eye-for-an eye teaching, which Jesus said not to do.

I get it that Israel rejected their messiah so you guys feel like it's okay for them to disregard Jesus' teachings, but Jesus is still right even when people reject him. As his representatives, we shouldn't be encouraging them in their rejection.
The thing is many Christian preachers ask people to support and pray for Israel and say that anyone that is not for Israel, basically, is against God. I do not blame God for what Israel does including going into that land and taking houses and lands and forcing tens of thousands of people out. The prophesies about God giving the land back to Israel are all after they get saved as far as I can see. So no one can blame God for anything Israel does.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,057.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Annnnnnnnd, as a result, they are justified in bombing schools and hospitals. That's where the logic leads. It's what you've hinted at. Your sense of personal goodness won't allow to come out and directly say, "Yeah, I think Israel is justified in killing them all" but you're dancing around it. You're flirting with the satisfaction of seeing the enemy crushed in response to the strong feelings of outrage you have toward what the enemy did.
No, they are justified bombing military emplacements that were intentionally placed near or even in hospitals. The fault lies with those who put military targets near hospitals.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The thing is many Christian preachers ask people to support and pray for Israel and say that anyone that is not for Israel, basically, is against God.
Rather than being for Israel or Palestine, we need to be for Jesus and his teachings. That's what it means to be Christian. "If you obey my teachings, then you will be my disciples, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

The religious leaders were so angered by this they wanted to kill him for it. I guess all the vitriol toward me hammering Jesus' teachings on enemy-loving shouldn't be surprising. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The US freed $6 billion in Iranian money. Did it help fund Hamas ...?

"Iran provides up to $100 million annually in combined support to Palestinian terrorist groups, mainly Hamas,

"firstpost.com › explainers › israel-palestine-war-who-funds-hamas-how-does-it-get-weapons-13238912.html

"Israel-Palestine war: Who funds Hamas, how does the terror ... - Firstpost

"4 days agoAccording to a US government report from 2020, Iran provides up to $100 million annually in combined support to Palestinian terrorist groups, mainly Hamas,
=======================================
politifact.com › article › 2023 › oct › 09 › the-us-freed-6-billion-in-iranian-money-did-it

The US freed $6 billion in Iranian money. Did it help fund Hamas ...

7 days agoIn August, the U.S. announced an agreement with Iran to secure freedom for five U.S. citizens who'd been detained in the country in exchange for allowing Iran to access $6 billion of its own

You know....we once had a president who took out Iran's most valuable general. A man who had a talent for coordinating disparate groups of terrorists and unifying them towards common goals.

Of course, when Trump removed that Iranian general from existence....the left was very upset and complained a lot.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

This is the second time that this thread has been cleaned.

STOP THE FLAMING, THE GOADING, AND THE CALLING OUT!

If you are flamed, or goaded, or called out,
DO NOT RESPOND IN KIND.

REPORT IT!

Address only the content of the post and not the poster.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was only off for a few days. Nobody has died from it. However thousands of innocent Israeli civilians are dead!

In the meantime, the change in resources was needed to get people out of their comfort zones, and realize the seriousness of the incoming invasion where the evil terrorists, Hamas, will be rooted out permanently. And rightfully so! As they are criminals and murderers.
As of earlier today, the total Iraeli casualties were 1400 (civilian and IDF) and the Palestinian death toll was 2700.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Rather than being for Israel or Palestine, we need to be for Jesus and his teachings. That's what it means to be Christian. "If you obey my teachings, then you will be my disciples, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

The religious leaders were so angered by this they wanted to kill him for it. I guess all the vitriol toward me hammering Jesus' teachings on enemy-loving shouldn't be surprising. :rolleyes:
Your is a misinterpretation of the Word of God. People have a right to self defense, a father can kill someone if he has to in order to protect his children. People have a right to stop genocide.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the book of Esther how did God work things around to ultimatly save the Jewish people?
In God's Word, and by God's Orchestrating the laws ,
weren't the Jews simply by a new decree, by law, allowed to protect themselves and do what they needed to do to those who sought to kill them ? Notice that the Jews did not stand a chance at all, in their own view, until the law was made allowing them to protect/defend/take action for themselves.... Like without the 'new' law passed, they would have been sitting ducks slaughtered, or sheep slaughtered.....

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No one is saying they were justified. Well, at least no one here is saying that. What some of us are saying is that Jesus' solution for breaking the cycle of vicious hatred is to love our enemies, bless those who spitefully use us, and pray for those who curse us. This is true for everyone because Jesus wasn't preaching some random, personal life philosophy that his followers may or may not be interested in; he was talking about what it means to be a citizen in the Kingdom of Heaven, and he made it very clear that people who ignore his teachings will show by their own actions that they are not interested in such citizenship.
What group you may refer to as "some of us" is there anywhere that you know that supposedly agrees with you ? The one world ecumenical church, or some other group ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're right, when Jesus said love your enemies, what he really meant was bomb them. :rolleyes:

“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.” Matthew 15:8-9
Again, you misunderstand, the whole Word of God should be taken into account. The Bible does not rule against self defense:

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one. RSVCE

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Again, you misunderstand, the whole Word of God should be taken into account.
Jesus is the Word of God. Go ahead and try it for yourself to see how ridiculous it is to replace Jesus with the Bible...

"In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God. The Bible was with God in the beginning. Through the Bible all things were made; without the Bible nothing was made that has been made."

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one. RSVCE
What did Jesus say when Peter tried to use that sword?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

Due to multiple rule violations:

241634_a435e7c864cf3d1d54069d68f79ef38b_thumb.jpg

Enough is Enough

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.